Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-24-2009, 03:37 PM   #15
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
Thank you Rick, that's the most helpful info I've had all day.
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #16
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
Whoa, whoa, WHOA there Buckaroo!!

Now what's this you say about adding on and just a little bit more? Where can I see this information or who do I need to 'Make an Offer they can't refuse'?
if you order the RS package... it comes with Halo headlights... new front fascia, badges, etc.... for ~$1200.00

the headlights themselves are ~$680.00 but the wiring is a little involved to get RS headlights to work with non-RS headlight wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
ok i finally got them yesterday one was broken unfortunately. but it looks incredible..well its not hooked up but i hooked them up under the hood to the battery terminal. green looks incredibly brilliant. i dont think they are gonna fit though..i got the biggest lights they had at 145 mm..they may fit and look like they are supposed to, BUT i want the halos to look like the stock halos with the top and bottom gone. and just the sides showing. im sure if i mounted these that the entire ring would show.ima install the one that works maybe this weekend or tomorrow and see what it looks like..may just say screw it and install them anyway..i dont want the red/orange or white stock ones..ill just do without till someone comes out with one.

you can make your own halos using clear pvc rods.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #17
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
yeah i watched the best diy video on youtube..i may start making halos for our cars and if they turn out as good as the guys on the video ima start selling them in all colors and styles for 10 camaros dirt cheap just to help those who want to modify their cars..
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #18
armando416

Drives: Camaro 2SS IBM/Grand Prix
Quote:
yeah i watched the best diy video on youtube..i may start making halos for our cars and if they turn out as good as the guys on the video ima start selling them in all colors and styles for 10 camaros dirt cheap just to help those who want to modify their cars..
That would be awesome. I really regret not getting the RS package on my car, with the main reason being NO HALOS I would love to get blue ones but don't want to get busted for having them. Maybe a blueish white like a lot of those HID kits look like would work...
armando416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:29 PM   #19
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
Quote:
If you do, I would definitely buy 2 pairs. One in white for daily use, and one in red for show and what not.

EDIT: On second thought, I took a look around the internet and it doesn't seem like it will be very hard to do. I'll have to wait until my car gets here (many many months from now) before I can even attempt to try (need measurements). And I'm gonna have to buy a Dremel tool.

If you want to start selling your HALOs, don't worry about me competing or anything. I'm too lazy to mass produce and sell lights, should I be able to make them in the first place.

Last edited by Rtoups; 07-24-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Rtoups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:15 AM   #20
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

actually ive already ordered the parts and ima sell them exclusively,if i can even get them to turn out right, for 2010 camaros. and im not gonna go over 100 bucks..actually it may be way WAY less than that..but ill have to add up parts and labor. but the most costly thing is the rods themselves..but i had a brilliant idea i got from a nightlite my fiancee bought for our master bathroom in our room. it has a double helix strand going up the middle of a acrylic tube exactly like the halos..its just a straight 3 inch long acrylic tube with a double helix strand of lines going through it with a blue led under that which illuminates the helix lines..it looks incredible..so ima search now for some longer strands of that particular rod.or other types of clear rods with other designs engraved in them..like those places you can go to have pics and writing put inside glass prisms that set on top of led lights for an optic illusion.i just thought of this while typing..that would be nuts to have writing in your halos thats visible when you look hard at them..LOL..ill have to definately check on those now.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:44 AM   #21
Jericho
Come see me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
if you order the RS package... it comes with Halo headlights... new front fascia, badges, etc.... for ~$1200.00

the headlights themselves are ~$680.00 but the wiring is a little involved to get RS headlights to work with non-RS headlight wiring.

you can make your own halos using clear pvc rods.
Well aint that a bitch. I'll go to a different dealer then and get my lights.

Quote:
You know what. That sounds like a good idea, I'd partner up with you too.
Vin#30271
Old 07-25-2009, 02:49 AM   #22
Rickscamero

Drives: Infiniti G35 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by armando416 View Post
That would be awesome. I really regret not getting the RS package on my car, with the main reason being NO HALOS I would love to get blue ones but don't want to get busted for having them. Maybe a blueish white like a lot of those HID kits look like would work...

u sound like a chick.. suck it up and start being a leader...

Halos are not the only thing u can do with this car..

fyi: I have a 1LT non RS.. and just watch son... just watch.. untill i get my car...
Rickscamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #23
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickscamero View Post

fyi: I have a 1LT non RS.. and just watch son... just watch.. untill i get my car...
H3LLJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #24
Jericho
Come see me.

Quote:

Vin#30271
Old 07-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #25
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
We are looking at sponsoring this forum, we can not discuss pricing until we clear this with the administrators.

Stay Tuned!
I will .
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #26
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:

my car is a 1lt non rs package..it was just a simple black camaro like the thread i started.ive put everything on this car myself. or had it done (stripes).
Old 07-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #27
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

WARNING!!!!!
Before you buy Halos for a non RS packaged car you need to take your headlights off and check them..mine WILL NOT come apart. they are glued together and i cant take them apart..im going to buy some replacement glue then try and take them apart.ill keep you guys posted on this upgrade. but im not even gonna start making the halos till i find out if it is safe to take the headlights apart..we took the housing completely out of the car and i was holding just the housing, without the light. and like i said it was completely glued up. so it may not even come apart. if not that means for us non RS owners well have to pay the mega bucks for the lights that come apart just to take out their halos that we are paying for to replace them with halos that HEY we just paid more money for..LOL...ILL keep you guys posted on if i can take em apart or not and how annoying it was to do so.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:03 AM   #28
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
Mohrg, try putting the headlights in the oven for a few minutes. That usually loosens up the glue. But the glue is really sticky and stretchy, so slowly pull off the cover, snip the glue with a knife, and repeat. This should keep the mess down.