Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-26-2016, 06:16 AM   #1
babymandm

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Where to buy aftermarket Rally Stripes

I may have asked this before but I can't find the thread, where can I buy aftermarket rally stripes? An online store that is reputable and you can trust the vinyl will be good and not fall off in a year or so? I tried Bigworm and what I want they don't make due to the heat in Texas, so that is out. Would really appreciate any suggestions.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:24 AM   #2
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
Mine have been on for 2 years....no fading...no bubbling...no signs of coming off. Bought on eBay from promotorstripes

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:05 AM   #3
AzShadow
Ed S.

Drives: 2015 1LS V6 6 speed manual
I live in AZ and that was a big concern of mine as well. So I went to a local custom shop and had them provide and install a warrantied 3M product. It cost a few more $$ to do it that way, but peace of mind was also provided so I'm happy.

AzShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:52 AM   #4
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I've had good luck with these folk's products: http://www.bigwormgraphix.net/camaro5.htm
Old 04-26-2016, 10:12 AM   #5
ritchet

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS Red Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas girl View Post
Mine have been on for 2 years....no fading...no bubbling...no signs of coming off. Bought on eBay from promotorstripes
I have also used promotorstripes with good results. They have only been on for a few months and my car is in a garage most days, so I can't speak to longevity. However they do use a quality cast vinyl from Oracal.
ritchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:29 AM   #6
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Don't understand what you mean when you say the ones offered by BigWormGraphix won't work because of the heat in Texas. I live in Nevada, North of Vegas, where for a good part of the year, we run in the triple digits (110-115). I've got my stripes (3D CF) from BigWormGraphix over 2 years ago and they still look great ... no fading or other issues. The pictures below were taken just recently...
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2016, 11:04 AM   #7
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I've had my stripes on for almost 7 years and they look just as good as the day they were put on. Here is the link for Auto Graphics in Manheim, PA.

http://www.lancasterautographics.com/

2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:06 AM   #8
babymandm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Don't understand what you mean when you say the ones offered by BigWormGraphix won't work because of the heat in Texas. I live in Nevada, North of Vegas, where for a good part of the year, we run in the triple digits (110-115). I've got my stripes (3D CF) from BigWormGraphix over 2 years ago and they still look great ... no fading or other issues. The pictures below were taken just recently...
What I meant was, the color that I want, which is a custom metallic color, they said they don't make them due to the heat. With the sun and heat exposure, they wouldn't last very long. I just wanted something that will stand out, preferably a sparkly silver. And if that don't work, I'm thinking of white. I just don't know which one I'd like to go with and I don't want to regret my decision.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #9
babymandm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
I've had my stripes on for almost 7 years and they look just as good as the day they were put on. Here is the link for Auto Graphics in Manheim, PA.

http://www.lancasterautographics.com/

I did speak with someone there and they told me $450.00 to $600.00 for the stripes. I didn't want to pay that much when I can buy them cheaper and have someone install them. Thank you for the pics!
Old 04-26-2016, 11:40 AM   #10
Lion_Heart

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
this is perfect OEM quality

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Camaro...k9WRgg&vxp=mtr
Lion_Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:27 PM   #11
babymandm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion_Heart View Post
That's a great price! Thank you for sharing! Just hope they have the color I want.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:38 AM   #12
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Waving HI to my Mesquite neighbor from Henderson....aaaawww c'mon what's a little summer heat in NV???????? Yesterday was an absolutely PERFECT day for my convertible

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:13 PM   #13
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas girl View Post
Waving HI to my Mesquite neighbor from Henderson....aaaawww c'mon what's a little summer heat in NV???????? Yesterday was an absolutely PERFECT day for my convertible
Hi neighbor, we have way too many great 'cruising' days year round to ever complain about the heat.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #14
camaro2ss/rs

Drives: 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymandm View Post
What I meant was, the color that I want, which is a custom metallic color, they said they don't make them due to the heat. With the sun and heat exposure, they wouldn't last very long. I just wanted something that will stand out, preferably a sparkly silver. And if that don't work, I'm thinking of white. I just don't know which one I'd like to go with and I don't want to regret my decision.
does not matter were you buy them from... if you are concerned about the heat then i would not buy them at all and just get them painted on.... all vinly is just about the same from what i have seen..i have installed vinyl on our cars for a long time and never seen the heat do any damage to them..you are being parioned
camaro2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote