Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-23-2020, 01:38 AM   #15
driftxtz

Drives: Synergy Green 2010 , 1969 Camaro RS
Unwrap black bundle wires near trunk seal.

Both my radio and xm antenna cables completely broke. I used a wire crimp to reattach the center solid core wire. The wire crimp I used had soft flexible outer shell found at an electronics store. Normally home depot crimps have the hard plastic covering which would be more difficult to cut. Cut off excess plastic on ends. Attach crimp to solid core. i used a wire cutter to gently crimp ends. Wrap center core with some electrical tape. Pull outer layer of strand wires over center core as much as possible then use aluminum foil to cover all wires. The foil is now your electrical conductor. Cover everything with electrical tape. So far no issues.
driftxtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 01:58 AM   #16
driftxtz

Drives: Synergy Green 2010 , 1969 Camaro RS
Chafe prevention

Home depot has thick clear vinyl tubing for plumbing. I cut the center completely open then wrapped it around the black bundle. This stiffens the wire bundle and will prevent it bending. Push top part of clear tubing as far up to top as you can get to trunk lid. Tie wrap this top part first. Make sure cut part of vinyl tubing is facing into the trunk and clear smooth tubing is facing the trunk seal to provide easy smooth sliding action. Look and close trunk slowly see where to attach other tie wraps. Vinyl tubing will stiffen the bundle and smooth vinyl will allow it to slide down pass the seal. Also make sure tie wrap cut ends are facing inside trunk to avoid damaging the trunk seal upon closing.
driftxtz is offline   Reply With Quote