Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-28-2020, 08:17 AM   #1
Cmitopgun

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Bad ECM

Hi everyone, haven’t posted in ages but I have a problem. My 2011 LLT stopped working, wouldn’t crank. Took it to the dealer and they said there is an issue with the ECM that is blowing fuses. Apparently I need to replace the entire ECM. They quoted me over 1200 bucks and the part in on a national back order.

I am wondering if anyone here has done their own ECM replacement. Is it straightforward? I found some ECMs online for about 200 so I am tempted to tow the car home and fix it myself. Is it as easy as just swapping out or is there programming involved. Thanks everyone!

ZL1 Front Fascia, Rockers, & Diffuser, LED DRLs and Fogs, 1LT/RS badges from EmblemPros, CAI Intake, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Cat-Back Dual Tip Exhaust, IPF Tune, TF3 style stripe kit, Black OEM high wing spoiler, trunk lid blackout stripe, Nitto Motivo tires, 20" Niche rims, and more to come!
Cmitopgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #2
Machh5
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
I've done a few mail order ECM replacements. Most of the time everything went well if the seller knew how to program properly so its plug and play but a few times they didn't work because they weren't properly programmed. turned into a big hassle because the seller knew everything and wouldn't listen. Sent a ECM with anti theft programmed in for a car that didn't have it. Luckily the ECM they sent was good and I was able to reprogram it. Look on ebay, I saw a bunch of places on there that do it.
Machh5 is offline   Reply With Quote