Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #71
2010abmss

Drives: 2010 ABM SS
That terrible looking, hopefully they don't cut corners and do it right! Best of luck to you buddy, keep us updated!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #72
2010abmss

Drives: 2010 ABM SS
I'm talking about the cut up parts not the finished product!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #73
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
It's always people driving Toyotas crashing.
I been in 4 accidents , two mayor ones . All with people driving some type of Toyota vehicle. A day before I traded my v6 camaro a Toyota sienna scratch my car while parked outside of a bank and she took off. Had to chase her down . Then my 1LE got rear ended quite bad by a damn Toyota corolla by a girl texting .
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:45 AM   #74
kansjfr

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
My post in another thread, speaking of diminished value. I'd seek damages for it if the car is to be repaired. Sorry for you loss...

I have a buddy that got a hit to the rear in his CTS-V recently and succeeded in getting diminished value $. His dealer said that anything they buy or take on trade with a carfax reported damage incident get deducted 50% of the damage cost from the value.

Look at it this way:

You find car "A" and car "B" wherever while shopping. Car "A" has a spotless record, car "B" has had a $12k collision repaired. Which car are you going to buy, if the price is equal and all other variables are on par? The only incentive that is going to persuade you to buy car "B" is if the owner can tell you it's $5k cheaper and convince you the repair is sound. That's not even enough for some folks to buy it.

This keeps the owner from suffering that hit for an accident that was not his own fault. He was made less than whole, financially. For most of us, our car is the second largest investment we make. You have to protect that.
I'm an attorney, and while I don't do car crashes, I agree 100% with the above post. The person at fault has a legal duty to put you in same position you'd be in if the wreck (notice I didn't call it an accident) had never happened. This means they're responsible for the diminution in value your car has now suffered. It's worth much less when you sell or trade it than if it had never been wrecked. Usually the diminution is $2k or greater.
kansjfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:56 PM   #75
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
To all the guys above getting those repairs at body shop done...I'd request an alignment with printout of the specs. They sure as hell would have to be spot on, particularly the side that got hit!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #76
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Man! So sorry to hear this happened to you and all the crap you gotta deal with.

But really glad to hear you're okay. I know it's tough, but try to count your blessings though. Stay positive.

2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE - 402 of 451
"BATMOB1LE"
- Xpel Stealth Wrap - ZL1 Rockers - 18% Tint - Custom Badges - Heritage Grille - BMR 1.4" Springs - Solo Performance Axel-Back Exhaust - Recaro Sport Seats
BATMOB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote