Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-27-2015, 07:21 AM   #15
Turbosaurus

Drives: '14 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
imitation is flattery

I'm thinking it's a generation thing. You said one was a high schooler. What about the other? I was introduced to a couple of young guys, one of which put a cam in his LS/CTS. Running around with no mufflers and thought he was so cool. When i tried to engage him in a conversation about cam specs, tuning, etc., I was lucky to get grunts for response. They were clueless about my 1LE parked nearby (probably thought I added the ZL1 wheels and Krylon-ed the hood). When I showed him a pic of my twin-turbo dragster, he didn't say a word. When I was his age, I was talking up everyone who was interested in cars; learning and sharing. They were more interested in texting on their phones than talking.

Past:

'69 Chevelle SS396
'79 Camaro 400SBC/TH400
Present:
'14 Camaro 2SS/1LE
'03 Avalanche (tow car for...)
Twin-turbo SBC Super Comp Dragster
Future:
FFR 33 Hot Rod w/ SBC
RCR GT-40 w/ LS7
Turbosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:47 AM   #16
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
It's a compliment really coming from a guy who is modding his in that vain with some Z28 influence as well. Never try to pass off as one though and tell anyone who asks that it is a L99 since my wife cant drive stick so we compromised.

Yeti is bad ass man, shows are subjective.
Thanks man, good way to look at it. Nothing beats the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Doesn't sound like you're car show material. The point isn't to be the most looked at. No offense, but maybe their rides had something that was more appealing to people. Or, maybe it was just all in your head.
Just because they have black hoods and ZL1 wheels, that doesn't make them copy cats. Real enthusiasts will know the difference anyhow.
She was pretty clean and shiny. It probably was all in my head, i'm not used to sinking into a crowd. Hell I used to have a showstopper Trans Am WS6 before this thing. I know what you mean though, i'd rather have a conversation with an enthusiast than a teenage boy liking the looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Maybe the Yeti is less for show and more for go?? Don't try to make your car different just to win shows or impress others. Be proud of it regardless! I could care less if people like my Camaro over some others. In fact quite often my girl hates it because I pay more attention to it than her. go figure...
I am proud of it. Super proud I'm just tired of these car guys who have jack sheet knowledge of our cars but want to look "cool" because its a "Camaro" so they invest as much money into visual mods that could have bought them a better package. It boggles the mind.

And that sounds about right my ex was the same way, so she kept begging me to sell it for a BMW. Man what is with this generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosaurus View Post

I'm thinking it's a generation thing. You said one was a high schooler. What about the other? I was introduced to a couple of young guys, one of which put a cam in his LS/CTS. Running around with no mufflers and thought he was so cool. When i tried to engage him in a conversation about cam specs, tuning, etc., I was lucky to get grunts for response. They were clueless about my 1LE parked nearby (probably thought I added the ZL1 wheels and Krylon-ed the hood). When I showed him a pic of my twin-turbo dragster, he didn't say a word. When I was his age, I was talking up everyone who was interested in cars; learning and sharing. They were more interested in texting on their phones than talking.
THANK YOU. So it's not just me. These idiots do visual stuff to the car but have no idea what its about. When you confront them on it they're speechless. So what're you doing at a car show you jack wagon? That's when you get the people who start doing things like lifting it and giving it 30" rims on skinny tires and all that

I didn't catch up with the owner of the other, but the car really looked pretty good in that darker color.
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #17
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
You can have show and go. Shows for me and my close buds are for meeting up. If you get the chance to get an award it's very cool but not the end all. I'm a big fan of make your car your own. I've added the front splitter and a few things. One thing is for sure. I can pic my car out of a long line of camaros.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 710
Size:  96.7 KB
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:22 AM   #18
kansjfr

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I entered my Victory Red '13 1LE in the biggest car show in this area and won a trophy. There were at least 6 other gen 5 Camaros several new Challengers and lots of Mustangs. My 1LE is completely stock, and some of the other Camaros has lots of mods. Who knows why they award like they do, but I got a trophy with the same car in the same show in 2013. My son chided me for being one of "those guys" who bring new cars to a car show. I did it on a whim both times, but the judges must've liked it.
kansjfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:59 AM   #19
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Not much of a lawnchair/parking lot guy myself,I would much rather waste my time picking up timeslips from the shack

Build your car your way and let them build theirs the way they like it.

One thing I have learned in this hobby is that some people have way more disposable income than me and can buy bigger,prettier and faster cars or parts than than I can but nobody has more fun per dollar spent than me
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:26 AM   #20
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
I too live in Phoenix and drive a 2014 CRT 1LE . I could care less what others do to their cars . I bought mine for the entertainment value it can provide to me. I say enjoy and let enjoy. I don't go to many car shows , I would rather be driving my car and enjoying the curves and wagging the tail with my right foot to the floor.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:56 PM   #21
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Car shows are so much cheaper than drags though. I mean, the one here is free to enter. It's expensive to do a few laps or a drag (both out of pocket and tires)

yeah I do love it, that's for sure. Makes me feel good knowing there aren't many 1LE's out there. Like we all own a piece of GM treasure.
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:05 PM   #22
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerrillakilla13 View Post
Car shows are so much cheaper than drags though. I mean, the one here is free to enter. It's expensive to do a few laps or a drag (both out of pocket and tires)

yeah I do love it, that's for sure. Makes me feel good knowing there aren't many 1LE's out there. Like we all own a piece of GM treasure.
Plenty of great public roads to enjoy and abuse the speed limit on when LEO is not around.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:05 AM   #23
MikeL84

Drives: 2014 Berger 2SS RS 1LE
I tell people when they ask what 1LE is "its a factory track day car from Chevy." Dont throw out the buyable option part for a SS tho. Most of the time people say, "oh cool." But feel lucky, try explaining what a Berger car is to someone. The old acronym "Often replicated never duplicated." Comes to mind.
MikeL84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:13 AM   #24
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
People are visual. It would take someone that knows what they're talking about to know what a 1LE really is.
We were at the dealer picking up our new 1LE and there was another couple there, HE was looking at the black 1LE while SHE wanted the V6.
He kept trying to explain the difference to her, but her ultimate argument was, "but this one is red".

Ever gone house shopping with a female? The man looks at the roof, the foundation, the furnace. The woman walks in and says "I hate the carpet" and that my friend, is the end of the story...

So far I have actually been surprised at the number of people that like the White on Black color scheme. Coming from Utah where you probably have 5 white vehicles to any other single color..
Don't take it personally, just don't expect everyone else to look at things the way you do..
And also, as previously stated... Imitation is the highest form of flattery..
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:27 AM   #25
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
I am not a car show person by any means, my trophies come from race tracks, but I do understand both sides and sometimes it is a matter of perspective.

I have a 1LE with Z/28 wheels, suspension, seat, intake.....But none of that is for show and I don't present is as a Z/28 as the motor, brakes, fascia's, side flares, hood are all different. But I could see someone assuming I was trying to "fake"....I am not, just trying to build a fast track car with OEM parts.

Matt
Old 11-19-2015, 08:39 AM   #26
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
You can have show and go. Shows for me and my close buds are for meeting up. If you get the chance to get an award it's very cool but not the end all. I'm a big fan of make your car your own. I've added the front splitter and a few things. One thing is for sure. I can pic my car out of a long line of camaros.

Attachment 753172
Car looks great. Is it just me, or does it look like that added splitter is deforming in the picture at speed?
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #27
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Yea. This setup grabs a lot of air. I don't have any vibrations or funny feel at high speeds. 85+ this car is on rails
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:55 PM   #28
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
I have a pure stock 1LE. I have won a couple of plaques and stuff.

For the most part though, if you take a 5gen, put lambo doors and colored halos, and maybe even some black rims, the public loves it. Especially if it is yellow.

But its all good. I know what I have, and love hanging with the camaro guys. They are some good people I have met.

Although I have been blamed for painting my calipers and doing the hood to look like a wanna be etc.

But again, I am cool with that. I know what I drive.