Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
2010camarolt

Drives: Victory Red 1LT
alignment front camber help

I have pfadt 1.25in lowering spring on my car. I installed them over a year ago and when I went to get the car aligned, the shop said my front camber couldn't be dialed in perfectly, they wanted to elongate the bolt holes or id need camber bolts. I keep reading that I shouldn't need camber bolts and that I shouldn't use camber bolts in the camaro. They only front bolts I found were SPC EZ Cam XR Camber Correction bolts. Has anyone used these? I want to make sure there strong enough, I don't track my car its my daily driver. Heres a picture of my alignment specs.

I just put new wheels and tires on my car and could see the wear in the edge of my winter tires, I really want to fix the problem now
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
Synner

Drives: cars
What edge of which tires were worn? Inner/outer front/rear?

The front is only off by .1, thats hardly anything and not a big deal. The issue is adjusting camber effects toe so what they probably meant to say was they got tired of fiddling with it and its close enough so that it isn't an issue. They could have evened out the rear a bit better but its not really a big deal. You definitely had way too much camber back there before the alignment.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #3
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
The alignment looks just fine! I suppose they could have done a better job with your rear toe settings by making them equal but other than that its a pretty decent job! You should not have any unsual wear with this fresh alignment.
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:16 AM   #4
2010camarolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
What edge of which tires were worn? Inner/outer front/rear?

The front is only off by .1, thats hardly anything and not a big deal. The issue is adjusting camber effects toe so what they probably meant to say was they got tired of fiddling with it and its close enough so that it isn't an issue. They could have evened out the rear a bit better but its not really a big deal. You definitely had way too much camber back there before the alignment.
It's the front outter edge that is wearing both sides. Do I need to find another alignment shop?
Old 06-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
2010camarolt

Bump
Old 06-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010camarolt View Post
It's the front outter edge that is wearing both sides. Do I need to find another alignment shop?
If it's the front OUTER edge wearing faster, you need MORE negative camber. Less camber will only cause the outer edges to wear worse. Too much camber will wear the inside edge of the tire. This alignment looks pretty good, but if you take turns aggressively, you'll want to give it a touch more negative camber to even out wear.

Align to your driving style, not to OEM specs.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #7
Synner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010camarolt View Post
Do you do autocross or anything? There is no reason your outer edge should be wearing with those old specs unless engaged in some sort of motorsports driving. I was expecting you to say rear inner. No you don't need a new alignment shop but we need a bit more info.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #8
2010camarolt

I was thinking about just aligning it to pfadt steet specs. It's my daily driver I don't track my car. A little sprited driving when I want to have fun but not to hard on turns. I want my tires to last. The only difference I see between my specs and pfadt is the front caster. And a little different on the toe.

All I did was put lowering springs on the car and brought it to the alignment shop and told them to align it. Haven't touch any other suspension components
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #9
Synner

See the fact that you did springs means we have no idea what the actual specs were that you were driving around with that wore out your tires. I think you will be fine with what you have and have long tire life. Stop worrying and enjoy the car.