Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-27-2018, 10:10 PM   #15
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
I’m thinking this is happening to my car .. But i did installed HUD . Thought it went good until I tried my ac yesterday & my heat today. I don’t think you have to remove the windshield .. I maybe wrong
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:47 PM   #16
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
There is a thick metal bar thats behind the passenger side of the dash. there are some bolts that are behind that bar that need to come out and in order for that to happen, the windshield needs to come off

a very brave soul posted a video of him doing the job but opted to cut some bolts in order to avoid the high cost of taking it to the dealer. look it up

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:55 PM   #17
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Ahhh ok ok
I’m hoping mine is something I did and can fix easily
I don’t mind removing the dash again
I did high end car audio for 18 years so ! It don’t bother me if I need to

Last edited by Scotty D; 05-27-2018 at 11:06 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:43 AM   #18
blumaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS / 1977 Trans AM
I managed to take some pics of the quality windshield installation. I met with the glass company on Friday and realized where this may be going when the manager stated that it looks like someone leaned on the glass before the adhesive cured causing the glass to move. Sounds like some BS to me. For your viewing displeasure:

Driver's side, touching the A-pillar. Passenger side large gap. And passenger side damaged roof ditch molding. Also note the gap between the top of the windshield and the roof.

-Ray
Attached Images

blumaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:30 PM   #19
Deathstroke0571

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro SS
i dropped mine off at the dealership today. I will update you when i have news
Deathstroke0571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:08 PM   #20
BIGSWOLE

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 2SS/RS (L99)
Can anyone tell me the symptoms of the door going out? My air only blows warm air. Compressor is working, tested the coil and voltage. It’s holding around 90psi on both the high and low sides. If anyone has a clue on which direction I should go it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
BIGSWOLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:11 PM   #21
Deathstroke0571

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSWOLE View Post
Can anyone tell me the symptoms of the door going out? My air only blows warm air. Compressor is working, tested the coil and voltage. It’s holding around 90psi on both the high and low sides. If anyone has a clue on which direction I should go it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
From what I understand, it’s when one side blows warm, and the other blows cold. If yours only blows warm but thr compressor works and the blower works, then you most likely have a refrigerant leak.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:16 PM   #22
blumaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSWOLE View Post

In my case the heat became cool and the AC became warm. The air blend door broke away from the actuator and became frozen somewhere in the middle of it's range of operation. It did not matter which way I turned the temperature knob since the door was no longer coupled to the actuator.

-Ray
Old 05-30-2018, 02:17 PM   #23
Deathstroke0571

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumaro View Post
In my case the heat became cool and the AC became warm. The air blend door broke away from the actuator and became frozen somewhere in the middle of it's range of operation. It did not matter which way I turned the temperature knob since the door was no longer coupled to the actuator.

-Ray
So it turns on I had an evaporator leak. The dash was removed and so was the windshield. Already on my third windshield and the car isnt even 3 years old yet.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:30 PM   #24
blumaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstroke0571 View Post
So it turns on I had an evaporator leak. The dash was removed and so was the windshield. Already on my third windshield and the car isnt even 3 years old yet.

Wow, evaporator leak? How does that even happen? I would understand a condenser leak as it could be damaged by road debris. It has to be some sort of manufacturing defect. When I purchased my car in 2012 there was talk about heater cores failing. I guess we can add the heater blend door and evaporator to the list of failures. WTF GM? Really? My 1977 Trans Am still has the original heater core, evaporator, and blend door.

-Ray
Old 05-30-2018, 08:06 PM   #25
Deathstroke0571

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumaro View Post
Wow, evaporator leak? How does that even happen? I would understand a condenser leak as it could be damaged by road debris. It has to be some sort of manufacturing defect. When I purchased my car in 2012 there was talk about heater cores failing. I guess we can add the heater blend door and evaporator to the list of failures. WTF GM? Really? My 1977 Trans Am still has the original heater core, evaporator, and blend door.

-Ray

tell me about. The car isnt even 3 years old and i only have 23k miles. Maybe i am being dramatic but i feel as if it will never be the same again. I mean they removed the steering wheel, the entire dashboard etc. Who knows what kind of collateral damage I will have. I am suppose to have it back Friday so I will update.

If they butcher the winshield install like they did yours, I am going to go postal!
Old 05-31-2018, 11:15 AM   #26
BIGSWOLE

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 2SS/RS (L99)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstroke0571 View Post
From what I understand, it’s when one side blows warm, and the other blows cold. If yours only blows warm but thr compressor works and the blower works, then you most likely have a refrigerant leak.
Don’t think I have a leak, with gauges hooked up , the pressure never dropped on either side. At first my pressure switch wasn’t plugged in. Once I figured that out the compressor was kicking on and off like it’s supposed to. If the pressure switch was bad the compressor wouldn’t kick on and off, correct?
BIGSWOLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:34 PM   #27
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
dang mine is acting similar tomorrow will see if it gets hot on the hot setting 2015 ss 20,000 miles on her
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:08 PM   #28
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
it is a different issue , clutch not engaging ever since my cam swap anyone know the pressure switch location? could be loose
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote