Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-15-2021, 05:47 PM   #15
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSkat View Post
Ls3 cars have quite a bit more HP than the L99 bolt on for bolt on so you would probably walk one if you can shift half decent.
Performance bolton for bolton has neither the l99 nor the ls3 pulling. They perform similar.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:31 AM   #16
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
I used to beat the early 6.1L cars

I guess that .3 L gave them enough power to overcome that 2 metric ton weight(4400lbs)
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:32 AM   #17
102SS
waiting at the tree

BTW I think the Scat Pack and 1320 models have a way better gear ratio than us.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:09 AM   #18
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Ls3 cars have quite a bit more HP than the L99 bolt on for bolt on so you would probably walk one if you can shift half decent.

That's why I wrote it.
The LS3s have a bit more HP, plus minor tweaks, and I'm still not sure if I can compare to the Scat Pack.

With the manual, I think I'm more than capable.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:43 PM   #19
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
That's why I wrote it.
The LS3s have a bit more HP, plus minor tweaks, and I'm still not sure if I can compare to the Scat Pack.

25 hp more but its been known for years that the l99 and ls3 run door to door. Mod vs mod the auto does a little better.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:07 PM   #20
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
That's why I wrote it.

25 hp more but its been known for years that the l99 and ls3 run door to door. Mod vs mod the auto does a little better.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:59 AM   #21
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
Man ... I'm not entirely sure with that door.
My own experience.

At the time when I bought my LS3 Camaro, an acquaintance brought an L99. He kept arguing with me that he had the most powerful V8 engine to go into it. On the contrary, I said that it has the weakest of the V8 engines on offer.

No!!!

So we went on the road.
And it turned out the same as in this video.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:26 AM   #22
102SS
waiting at the tree

Quote:
Man ... I'm not entirely sure with that door.
My own experience.

At the time when I bought my LS3 Camaro, an acquaintance brought an L99. He kept arguing with me that he had the most powerful V8 engine to go into it. On the contrary, I said that it has the weakest of the V8 engines on offer.

No!!!
So we went on the road.
And it turned out the same as in this video.

From a roll? a manual has a huge advantage.

Real drag racing is done from the dig.

The A6 has the advantage from a dig....unless you want to hope you don't scatter parts on a 5k clutch dump
Old 09-17-2021, 06:08 AM   #23
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
From a roll? a manual has a huge advantage.

Real drag racing is done from the dig.

The A6 has the advantage from a dig....unless you want to hope you don't scatter parts on a 5k clutch dump

I don't know how fast he was behind me. (From the dig). We do not play drag races in Europe. But it didn't take long for him to lose the length of the car.

In any case, I do not deny the advantages / disadvantages of A6.

I just want to say on the road LS3 shares will always be faster in the end than stock L99.

Nearly 30 extra horses and less loss in the converter are simply noticeable.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:48 PM   #24
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
I don't know how fast he was behind me. (From the dig). We do not play drag races in Europe. But it didn't take long for him to lose the length of the car.

In any case, I do not deny the advantages / disadvantages of A6.

I just want to say on the road LS3 shares will always be faster in the end than stock L99.

Nearly 30 extra horses and less loss in the converter are simply noticeable.
Your buddy needs to use the paddle shifters to gear down to the right gear on a roll. Just hitting the gas doesnt work well because the 6l80 trans has a soft factory tune.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:51 AM   #25
102SS
waiting at the tree

Quote:
Your buddy needs to use the paddle shifters to gear down to the right gear on a roll. Just hitting the gas doesnt work well because the 6l80 trans has a soft factory tune.
Agreed.

It seems like it tries to accelerate in what ever gear it in.

In sport mode its a different beast but sport and competition mode is where it really shines.
Old 09-26-2021, 01:41 PM   #26
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Agreed.

It seems like it tries to accelerate in what ever gear it in.

In sport mode its a different beast but sport and competition mode is where it really shines.
I just find the kick down seems to take forever....it seems to not know what gear to go into. The first vid from mexico is when i dropped into second then put it into D after the initial hit.
https://youtube.com/shorts/CFzFgqRxCe0?feature=share

This vid is from second but I tried to use the paddles for the entire run but but hit the limiter.

https://youtube.com/shorts/H1xAwFheeaU?feature=share
Old 09-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #27
SSkat

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I just find the kick down seems to take forever....it seems to not know what gear to go into. The first vid from mexico is when i dropped into second then put it into D after the initial hit.
https://youtube.com/shorts/CFzFgqRxCe0?feature=share

This vid is from second but I tried to use the paddles for the entire run but but hit the limiter.

https://youtube.com/shorts/H1xAwFheeaU?feature=share
You need your tuner to set it to auto shift in manual mode. Mine is set that way and its perfect for rolls. Also good kill on the 10 speed.
SSkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:21 PM   #28
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
You need your tuner to set it to auto shift in manual mode. Mine is set that way and its perfect for rolls. Also good kill on the 10 speed.
What is auto shift....say you start off in second on a roll.....does it shift into 3rd on its own at redline? I just put it in D after the hit and let it shift on its own.