Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-25-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I finally saw one in person!!

And all I can say is, WOW!!!! And even then, it was *just* a 1LT with sunroof, 19" rims, and C&C package, auto, no R/S. But wow. Pictures do this car almost no justice. The lines on this car are just amazing. The car I saw, at Dimmitt Chevy in Clearwater, was black with gray cloth interior. Everything anyone has had complaints about held no water with me when I saw this thing. The hard plastic dash doesn't look hard at all, and it even feels nice and soft!! As for headroom, like I said, this one had the sunroof, I'm 6' even and 214 pounds, and I had still had space above my head. Of course, I did adjust the seat to my liking, but again, this was with a sunroof. I imagine without will be even better. And someone already said here somewhere, but the "blank" passenger side dash really isn't that noticeable or glaring. All the knobs and materials were just nice, and again, not even 2LT uplevel interior! The cloth seats were even incredibly impressive and supportive. The whole interior just fit like a glove, and I didn't find the visibility bad at all! BA sound system, awesome!! Very crisp and clear, even at low volume. The trunk size was nice too. I could just go on and on... Now I really can't wait for mine to come in!!!! Astounding job, Camaro team!! I have absolutely no remorse/qualms about pre-ordering this car.
Attached Images

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT

Last edited by Optimus Prime; 04-25-2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Pics. Taken on Blackberry Storm, so quality is good, but not great...
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
sweet , i'm gonna have to go down there & check it out
Old 04-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Cool
Old 04-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
Speed 1

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro 365 days a year
nice pictures!! thanks.....
Old 04-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
And all I can say is, WOW!!!! And even then, it was *just* a 1LT with sunroof, 19" rims, and C&C package, auto, no R/S. But wow. Pictures do this car almost no justice. The lines on this car are just amazing. The car I saw, at Dimmitt Chevy in Clearwater, was black with gray cloth interior. Everything anyone has had complaints about held no water with me when I saw this thing. The hard plastic dash doesn't look hard at all, and it even feels nice and soft!! As for headroom, like I said, this one had the sunroof, I'm 6' even and 214 pounds, and I had still had space above my head. Of course, I did adjust the seat to my liking, but again, this was with a sunroof. I imagine without will be even better. And someone already said here somewhere, but the "blank" passenger side dash really isn't that noticeable or glaring. All the knobs and materials were just nice, and again, not even 2LT uplevel interior! The cloth seats were even incredibly impressive and supportive. The whole interior just fit like a glove, and I didn't find the visibility bad at all! BA sound system, awesome!! Very crisp and clear, even at low volume. The trunk size was nice too. I could just go on and on... Now I really can't wait for mine to come in!!!! Astounding job, Camaro team!! I have absolutely no remorse/qualms about pre-ordering this car.
Feels Good don't it?
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
gtjacket
2G1FT1EW0A9118618

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black/IOM M6
They should not allow a V-6 to be built in Black. Just kidding
gtjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #7
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
I can't wait to get into one of these..or at least be able to see one in person...

Man anyone else notice the huge dealer sticker on the back?
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
gtjacket
2G1FT1EW0A9118618

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black/IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
I can't wait to get into one of these..or at least be able to see one in person...

I noticed and that dealer should be ashamed putting his garbage on that beauty. My dealer assured me that he does not put any dealer markings on "elite" cars.
gtjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #9
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
^^^ That sticker...first thing they probably did to the car.

Thanks Optimus! Always good to hear a very positive opinion.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:16 AM   #10
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-10maro View Post
sweet , i'm gonna have to go down there & check it out
Oh my, another New Port Richey guy... I didn't think there were any others here. You got one on order yet? And I like the one in your pic. That's a beaut!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
Feels Good don't it?
You have no idea!! I have NEVER had a car do to me what that Camaro did when I first laid eyes on it. As a matter of fact, I went again yesterday afternoon, and a rather nice guy came in and talked to the same salesman I was talking to, and this guy had a Ferrari F430, which he drove to the dealership. I looked around at it, and the guy even turned it on and gunned it for me as he left the dealership. Funny thing is, even that very nice exotic Ferrari didn't have the same effect on me as the Camaro. Plus, the Ferrari owner had a lot of nice things to say about the Camaro, and when he looked at the rear of the Camaro, he actually said it was the best back end of a car he'd ever seen!! Chevy's impressing a $250,000 Ferrari owner with their $28,000 Camaro!!! I love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post

Actually I didn't even notice it. I was too stunned by the whole car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
^^^ That sticker...first thing they probably did to the car.

Thanks Optimus! Always good to hear a very positive opinion.
Any time. Some of the negative opinions about the car here kind of worried me. Nothing against those opinions (everyone has their right), but all my concerns have been COMPLETELY put to rest. I think I understand Fbod's term "perma-grin" much more fully now.

2011 Avalanche LT
Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Ouch, you saw a black one! If you were not hooked in before you sure as heck are now
Old 04-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #12
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Ouch, you saw a black one! If you were not hooked in before you sure as heck are now
No kidding!! Of all the dealer car colors they used (red, yellow, silver, orange, I think, and black), black is absolutely the best for this car, IMHO. Still staying with IBM, but that black is so tempting...

2011 Avalanche LT
Old 04-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #13
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
No kidding!! Of all the dealer car colors they used (red, yellow, silver, orange, I think, and black), black is absolutely the best for this car, IMHO. Still staying with IBM, but that black is so tempting...
Good choice. I'm stuck between IBM, like my sig Black, and Red with rally stripes!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #14
Panther67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Thumbs up Got to see one and test drove it

I finally saw one too but hear is the kicker i also got the chance to test drive it, i punched the gas this sucker sure packs a big punch so haha ............................:headb ang:.......J/K......but i sure got to drive it very fast.....