Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #15
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
Glad to see NW step up and correct this issue won't hold my breath though.

On a side note...saw a nice looking Grand national today. Gonna cruise by later and hot wire that badboy,then take it for a spin

You can hot wire that turd all you want. The only that's gonna make it move is a flatbed. I'm guessing you visited Ted today. Had I know I would've swung by and autographed a picture for you.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #16
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
You can hot wire that turd all you want. The only that's gonna make it move is a flatbed. I'm guessing you visited Ted today. Had I know I would've swung by and autographed a picture for you.
You know you heard the BEAST coming up E.Main! Probably pulled one of these
Autograph!? lol
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
You know you heard the BEAST coming up E.Main! Probably pulled one of these
Autograph!? lol

It had to be under 6k rpms otherwise your NW 102 would have shut your ass down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #18
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
jamie, you def life of the party...good to have you back...as for the lynch mob, i just believe when you shell out the kind of $$$ for a tb, that it should be obvious that it is for a high hp car and if there are issues that it should not be used with a sc or above 600rwhp, then it should be sold with a disclaimer...also since whipple has been trying to work with nw , it should of been brought up to nw vendors ...hopefully nick is really working to resolve this and not still tring to sell the tb,s that won,t work ...or at least notifying vendors that sells his stuff that it is not recomended for sc use....but have talked to a handful of sellers and whipple , and it was never released to the buying public that it was a issue...now that $$$$ has changed hands...the truth is coming out...the 600.00 is not gonna make or break me , its the principal behind the facts...if your product does not work and you cannot make it work for what it is designed to do...then offer refund /credit or exchange for one that does work...thats all i,m saying...I WANT MINE TO WORK..:dri nking:
Old 05-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #19
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
jamie, you def life of the party...good to have you back...as for the lynch mob, i just believe when you shell out the kind of $$$ for a tb, that it should be obvious that it is for a high hp car and if there are issues that it should not be used with a sc or above 600rwhp, then it should be sold with a disclaimer...also since whipple has been trying to work with nw , it should of been brought up to nw vendors ...hopefully nick is really working to resolve this and not still tring to sell the tb,s that won,t work ...or at least notifying vendors that sells his stuff that it is not recomended for sc use....but have talked to a handful of sellers and whipple , and it was never released to the buying public that it was a issue...now that $$$$ has changed hands...the truth is coming out...the 600.00 is not gonna make or break me , its the principal behind the facts...if your product does not work and you cannot make it work for what it is designed to do...then offer refund /credit or exchange for one that does work...thats all i,m saying...I WANT MINE TO WORK..:dri nking:

I spent the day on the dyno with the Whipple 416 and didn't have a single problem at 732 RWHP, we do know they shut at 800 RWHP though.

Where at this power level I did have a problem with the Maggie pulling it shut.

I will tell you they work a lot better on the KB due to the location or proximity to the Rotors.

I would not expect a problem until 850 RWHP or more.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #20
honeybucket99

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM CAMARO BEAST
Agree on the KB. No problems at 815
2010 CGM 2SS/RS; 418 stroker; JE Forged Pistons (offset wrist pin); Forged Crank; upgraded valvetrain; Custom Comp Cams Cam; Kenne Bell 2.8; ID 1000s; Aeromotive Fuel pump with return; ARH Long Tubes; Spec heavy duty clutch; 3" Magnaflow Cat Back; Nick Williams 102 mm Throttle Body; Tune fixed by Dave Steck; 815 HP and 14 mpg

Upcoming--
Disintegrated drivetrain;
Divorce if/when my wife catches on to
my addiction
honeybucket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #21
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
I want to buy one, but not until the issues are resolved. I almost bought one a couple months back. Glad I waited it out a little.
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
I AM NOT SAYING IT WON'T HAPPEN BUT

Just off the dyno with another JRE 416 Whipple build and here are the results

I did not have any Problems on the dyno but that does not mean it won't happen on the street or track due to how fast the motor revs in lower gears.
Attached Images

JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #23
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
nice ... u got 17 lbs of boost out of the whipple! was this with a 2.75 pulley?
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #24
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
good info ted, curious, how did jamies respond on the dyno....did it close up on the dyno everytime..or was it more prone to happen in real world driving...not a dyno expert, but knowing how jamie drives , there is only foot off gas pedal and foot pushed hard to floor without letting up...i would expect it to run on dyno but not well at track due to instant 9 sec of wot.. 2nd - any chance this build will take car to track and see how it runs...
Old 05-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #25
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
good info ted, curious, how did jamies respond on the dyno....did it close up on the dyno everytime..or was it more prone to happen in real world driving...not a dyno expert, but knowing how jamie drives , there is only foot off gas pedal and foot pushed hard to floor without letting up...i would expect it to run on dyno but not well at track due to instant 9 sec of wot.. 2nd - any chance this build will take car to track and see how it runs...
I can take this one. On the dyno it closed with the 3.2. So Ted tried the 3.4 and it stayed open, on the dyno. First pass at the track it closed almost instantly. Ted told TPIS how he wanted then made and we tried a TPIS/JRE 102. So now Im running the 3.4 coupled with the spacer makes 16 psi. :(If all goes well at the track this Thursday I'm gonna push for the 3.2. But it's up to Ted. In the past, prob 1 1/2 ago, we also had the prob so Ted used a vette ls2 tb. The logs showed it stayed wfo on my glory run!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #26
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
I can take this one. On the dyno it closed with the 3.2. So Ted tried the 3.4 and it stayed open, on the dyno. First pass at the track it closed almost instantly. Ted told TPIS how he wanted then made and we tried a TPIS/JRE 102. So now Im running the 3.4 coupled with the spacer makes 16 psi. :(If all goes well at the track this Thursday I'm gonna push for the 3.2. But it's up to Ted. In the past, prob 1 1/2 ago, we also had the prob so Ted used a vette ls2 tb. The logs showed it stayed wfo on my glory run!

Just fix it so you don't have any excuses.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #27
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Just fix it so you don't have any excuses.
Mine's fixed! One more day with the beginner pulley and that I'll have at it. Most likely the JRE rental for what seems like 20 grudge matches!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #28
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Mine's fixed! One more day with the beginner pulley and that I'll have at it. Most likely the JRE rental for what seems like 20 grudge matches!
You hitting any of the LSX shootout events? Atlanta is the next one...1st week in June.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boooo, oc2donefixed