Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-30-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
cwalms

Drives: 2SS Red Jewel Tint
Send a message via Skype™ to cwalms
Hot Air from Vents

Has anyone else had a problem with hot air leaking from the dash vents. I noticed it was getting hotter inside the car over the past couple days and today felt hot air coming from the vents. The t-stat was on cool and the fan was off and still heat was coming in the car. If anyone has experienced this please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
cwalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Happens to me on hot days after the car has been parked in the sun.
Hit the recirc button and it should go away.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
Yep...turn on the fan for a minute to clear the warm air out of the tubes.
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
cwalms

Drives: 2SS Red Jewel Tint
Send a message via Skype™ to cwalms
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
cwalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #5
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
I noticed it also and wondered if I was crazy. Also feels like hot air coming from under the steering wheel as well. I've done the fan trick but doesn't help much. Sometimes it's so bad I have to close the vents.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #6
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
I was searching this problem as well. Even when the temp outside is in the 60-70's, I can't just turn on the fan with the air off. It gets fairly warm. My options so far are to roll down the windows or have the air on. I was expecting colder air if I have the fan on high and temperature to cold and the air off with colder outside temperatures. Am I missing something? or do I need to take it back in to the dealer?

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels

Last edited by kbui; 11-11-2010 at 07:41 AM.
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:00 PM   #7
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
You also want to make sure the temperature knob is set to cold.
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Went to the dealer today about the warm vented air and was told that the outside air basically flows thru the engine compartment and very little of the outside air goes directly to inside the car. Hence you do not really get cool outside air??? This is even more noticeable as the engine heats up and the "outside" gets warmer. Things might improve a little bit as the car is cruising at higher speed. It doesn't have real vents to get the outside air directly into the interior of the car.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #9
Reaper1a

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
Went to the dealer today about the warm vented air and was told that the outside air basically flows thru the engine compartment and very little of the outside air goes directly to inside the car. Hence you do not really get cool outside air??? This is even more noticeable as the engine heats up and the "outside" gets warmer. Things might improve a little bit as the car is cruising at higher speed. It doesn't have real vents to get the outside air directly into the interior of the car.
Sure it does...they're called windows
But seriously, just set your dial to recirculated air and it should stop pulling the air out of the engine bay That mixed with the previous post that said to make sure the temp is set to cool should fix the problem. If it doesn't, I would have the dealer check the seals around the vents.