Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #127
floyd haughton

Drives: 2010victoryred2lt
the perfect camaro paint sound looks lovin it
floyd haughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #128
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Vehicle is nice. Why did you go with a 429ci. instead of 427ci.? Also, did you swap out the RPS clutch for the McLeod RXT and why?
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #129
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd haughton View Post
the perfect camaro paint sound looks lovin it
Thanx I appreciate that.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #130
andredmg
Big Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Vehicle is nice. Why did you go with a 429ci. instead of 427ci.? Also, did you swap out the RPS clutch for the McLeod RXT and why?
Thanx. I wanted something different that no one else had (goal was to make the entire car different from anything else out there). I blew the RPS clutch and put a Mcleod RXT in, I luv it feels stock holds the power good. RPS is a great clutch but a C5 was accidently installed in my Camaro and I blew it in a couple hundred miles. I installed the Mcleod myself to make sure it was done right.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #131
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by andredmg View Post
Thanx. I wanted something different that no one else had (goal was to make the entire car different from anything else out there). I blew the RPS clutch and put a Mcleod RXT in, I luv it feels stock holds the power good. RPS is a great clutch but a C5 was accidently installed in my Camaro and I blew it in a couple hundred miles. I installed the Mcleod myself to make sure it was done right.
I knew it; I hear a lot about the RPS ZR1 cluthes but I don't think they hold well for vehicles at higher TQ levels. Many folks are making high HP#'s but few are making the high TQ#, so of course that makes a huge difference.

Was there any specific reason why you went with McLeod vs Spec or RAM for example?

What type of power are you making, have you done any dyno runs yet?

And, heads; Those are LS7's, what brand did you go with?

Sorry, for all the questions but I'm also planning a stoked 427ci. LSX specifically for boost, expecting to have something similar but quite unique as well, so it's nice to see a "few" others doing something similar and see what was done, and why certain decisions were made.

Have to tell you man, your ride is sick dude, and you definately did something original that's for sure.

Loving the lumpy idle sound.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #132
andredmg
Big Nasty

Quote:
I knew it; I hear a lot about the RPS ZR1 cluthes but I don't think they hold well for vehicles at higher TQ levels. Many folks are making high HP#'s but few are making the high TQ#, so of course that makes a huge difference.

Was there any specific reason why you went with McLeod vs Spec or RAM for example?

What type of power are you making, have you done any dyno runs yet?

And, heads; Those are LS7's, what brand did you go with?

Sorry, for all the questions but I'm also planning a stoked 427ci. LSX specifically for boost, expecting to have something similar but quite unique as well, so it's nice to see a "few" others doing something similar and see what was done, and why certain decisions were made.

Have to tell you man, your ride is sick dude, and you definately did something original that's for sure.

Loving the lumpy idle sound.
I made 703hp, Im running Performance Induction 285cc LXR heads. Compression is high because I plan on staying naturally aspirated. The cam is very big (makes lots of power) maybe too much for some but that was my goal, Im really diggin it. The Mcleod RXT holds the power like a lot of other clutches but it feels stock like the ZR1 twin disc. The RPS is a good clutch but the wrong one was installed in my car (it has a high engagement though). I'll be tuning into your build I luv it when people customize their rides, good luck with it and definetly post videos with sound.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #133
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by andredmg View Post
I made 703hp, Im running Performance Induction 285cc LXR heads. Compression is high because I plan on staying naturally aspirated. The cam is very big (makes lots of power) maybe too much for some but that was my goal, Im really diggin it. The Mcleod RXT holds the power like a lot of other clutches but it feels stock like the ZR1 twin disc. The RPS is a good clutch but the wrong one was installed in my car (it has a high engagement though). I'll be tuning into your build I luv it when people customize their rides, good luck with it and definetly post videos with sound.
Appreciate the feedback. I'm stilling planning my build what a PITA sometimes getting all the details worked out. But, in the end it will be quite awesome. I'll keep you in the loop.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:38 AM   #134
Philar299

Drives: 2021 Forte GT
wow just got a chance to see this beast... all i can say is wow... that thing is truely 1 beauty of a beast... Congrats.

Never thought beauty and beast can come in the same sentence
Philar299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:46 AM   #135
HashimAzzouz

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM ~ 2009 Traverse LT
WHY? stock 2SS wasn't enough, man r u kidding...
HashimAzzouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #136
Gibroni

Drives: '12 IOM LT 'vert
Gibroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #137
andredmg
Big Nasty

Quote:
Appreciate the feedback. I'm stilling planning my build what a PITA sometimes getting all the details worked out. But, in the end it will be quite awesome. I'll keep you in the loop.
No prob brotha, I look forward to your biuld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philar299 View Post
wow just got a chance to see this beast... all i can say is wow... that thing is truely 1 beauty of a beast... Congrats.

Never thought beauty and beast can come in the same sentence
Thanx, havin lots of fun with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashimAzzouz View Post
WHY? stock 2SS wasn't enough, man r u kidding...
lol, just havin fun (stock was cool) everything I own is custom though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibroni View Post
Right back at ya
Old 08-18-2011, 11:38 PM   #138
contractor357
Burn Baby Burn

Drives: True Fire Camaro S S 2010

I like the Art work!! Just wondering why you only did the "Rally" stripe area & not spread out/ or the masked off look. I'm just curious as flames/fire is kind of erratic by nature but I still like yours..
It took me a while to find someone to do this design (“True Fire” vs. “Ghost Flames”) after I seen it on some older Street Rods.
I have a few questions for you, as I don’t know a lot about these. I would rather ask someone that isn’t trying to make money.
1.Where is a good place to get the ground effects, do they attach over existing or do you need to modify factory equipped & how is it on the street, (over driveway curbs/aprons) too low?
2. Do you know where to get the orange “Halo” lights? (Head & tail lights).
3. What exhaust system do you have? (I assume you have a new 3”.) What do you think about changing the exhaust (complete with headers vs. cat back system?) Is it really worth buying the complete vs. cat back? Do they increase hp that would be noticeable? I’d like to change factory sound more than increased hp at this time. I have a “FlowMax” cat back on my Impala SS just for the sound.
4. Any input or advise would be helpful!!!!!!

I love the True Fire designs. I am having mine re-done. This pictured one was done by "Idiots" that messed up the clear coat,

The shop is Boitnotts out of Fairfield, OH website....... http://www.boitnotts.com/content/ The have a lot of cars in the "local" Cavalcade of Customs shows in Cincinnati.

They have stripped/sand blasted it. Im going back with: Black with Gold flake, then Orange Candy Gloss to give the gold a tint of orange. Everything painted black w/gold flake, (Jambs, inside trunk, under hood & engine compartment) except the fire wall behind the engine. The new flames are spread out more across the hood, instead of a "V" shape. A little more down the sides also. The new flames have a bit more yellow which makes them “Pop” in the sunlight. I like mine the flames all across the front to hide the bugs when they splat on the black. The car may be done next week. I will post the new paint on here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/camarogarage.php?do=garage&id=28492
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited by contractor357; 08-19-2011 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Image
contractor357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:11 AM   #139
andredmg
Big Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by contractor357 View Post

I love the True Fire designs. I am having mine re-done. Im going with: Black paint with Gold flakes then Orange Candy Gloss (Jambs, trunk, under hood & engine compartment) everything except the fire wall as the engine will not be removed). The flames will be spread out more across the hood, instead of a "V" shape. A little more on the sides also. The first flame job is 98% orange shades & the new will have a bit more yellow which makes the flames really stand out but still the majority will be orange to go with the interior.
Sweet, you have anymore pics of your whip.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #140
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Have you done any upgrading on the drive shaft, half shafts, and / or rear end? This car sounds awesome.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote