Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
littlebuffalo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno1LE View Post
Today I called EBC and talked to them about the YellowStuff pads. After I explained my situation, they said that the YellowStuff really aren't the best application for a Camaro because of the weight of the car and also because I don't put many miles on the the car, so they most likely would never be fully bedded in. They said that their BlueStuff pads come pre-bedded, and have better initial bite and a better heat range. Also, they said that they work just as well on the street as the YellowStuff.

They then told me that they are sending me a FREE set of their BlueStuff Pads!

I have to say I was shocked, and I really wasn't expecting that. I can't thank them enough considering the price of pads these days.

I'll let everyone know what I think about the new pads after I get them on the track.
That's great they are doing that. I was thinking of trying the new orange stuff (step up from blue). I ran the blue stuff on my G8 and liked them pretty well, I'd take them off though if you do much daily driving. I was lazy and left them on and the wife's daily commute used more than I thought, so I only got four track days out of them. Our track is murder on brakes I'm expecting to see 140+ at the end of our longest straight then its hard braking for a 90 degree turn.
Sorry I didn't see this post in time to give you my feedback I've only had my 1le for less than two weeks. I'll be waiting for your review to see how you like the blues, my next track day is Sept 14th & 15th.
littlebuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #16
Inferno1LE

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange 1SS 1LE
Just got the new pads today, and my next track days are Aug 31 / Sept 1 back to back, so I'll report back shortly thereafter.
Inferno1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #17
Inferno1LE

I love these BlueStuff pads.

After 2 days at the Pocono FUSA course, the BlueStuff pads worked very well for me. For those of you who are not familiar with that track, it uses the NASCAR tunnel turn, rear straight, and front straight, with some additional road course in the infield. It is 2.5 miles long and I was reaching speeds of over 140 mph on the back straight and over 120 mph on the front straight, with a ton of braking after both. I got great pedal feel, minimal fade, good bite, and they look like they should last me significantly longer than the OEM pads or the YellowStuff.

As for performance on the street, they work very well when cold, and are a little noisy, but nothing you can't live with, way better than the Hawk HP+ my friend has. In my opinion they are a great dual purpose pad for a heavy car like the Camaro.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #18
wernergmhtp

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS A6
Quote:
I love these BlueStuff pads.

After 2 days at the Pocono FUSA course, the BlueStuff pads worked very well for me. For those of you who are not familiar with that track, it uses the NASCAR tunnel turn, rear straight, and front straight, with some additional road course in the infield. It is 2.5 miles long and I was reaching speeds of over 140 mph on the back straight and over 120 mph on the front straight, with a ton of braking after both. I got great pedal feel, minimal fade, good bite, and they look like they should last me significantly longer than the OEM pads or the YellowStuff.

As for performance on the street, they work very well when cold, and are a little noisy, but nothing you can't live with, way better than the Hawk HP+ my friend has. In my opinion they are a great dual purpose pad for a heavy car like the Camaro.
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but are the Bluestuffs still working well for you? Headed to VIR in a few weeks. I have Yellowstuffs on my Cobalt SS and (now sold) C5 Z06 and love them so want to stay with the brand
wernergmhtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #19
Inferno1LE

The bluestuff pads finally gave out on me after 4 track days, one with slicks which works the brakes that much harder. They were great the whole time I had them. They may have lasted longer, but my rotors got severely groved and that'll destroy pads quickly as well. Also, this was the 3rd set of pads on these rotors. The Blue Stuff are significantly better than the Yellow Stuff for our application. I am actually about to try out the Orange Stuff pads in July with a new set of rotors. I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #20
wernergmhtp

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS A6
Quote:
The bluestuff pads finally gave out on me after 4 track days, one with slicks which works the brakes that much harder. They were great the whole time I had them. They may have lasted longer, but my rotors got severely groved and that'll destroy pads quickly as well. Also, this was the 3rd set of pads on these rotors. The Blue Stuff are significantly better than the Yellow Stuff for our application. I am actually about to try out the Orange Stuff pads in July with a new set of rotors. I'll let you know how it works out.
Awesome, thanks. Do you know if the OE 1LE pads are the same as the ones on the non-1LE SS? Would rather run through what's on there before swapping, even if they are going to wear quickly, like you said.

Also I'm used to running Castrol GT-LMA DOT 4 for fluid on the Z06 and Cobalt, do you recommend something like Motul 5.1 in terms of fluid?
wernergmhtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #21
Inferno1LE

Same pads... Ferodo HP1000 I think. I like Amsoil Series 600 DOT4, but any of the fluids around the 600 degree dry boiling point will work well.

Last edited by Inferno1LE; 06-26-2014 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Wrong pad model
Old 06-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #22
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
How much did the yellow and blue dust compare to the stock pads? Reading up on the EBC it appears the red stuff are low dust. Not looking to track my car
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #23
Inferno1LE

Most of the good brake pads make a lot of dust. The stock pads made a lot of dust from what I remember. I have never used the red stuff, but I would probably call EBC and ask what they recommend for the Camaro strictly for the street, and mention that you're concerned about brake dust. It's a heavy car and needs some good brakes if you need to stop in a hurry. Maybe a better investment would be a set of stock pads and a bottle of wheel cleaner.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:10 AM   #24
cawj87

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS 6M 1LE
Any updates on how the Orange Stuff pads compared to the Blue Stuff? I'm about to pull the trigger on the Blue Stuff unless someone has any input. My car is a daily driver and sees a road course every month. I want to keep using a dual use pad for another set or two then I will get dedicated with a set of track pads bedded to their own rotors and a set of street pads bedded to their own rotors it's just not in the time or budget right now to do that.
cawj87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:36 AM   #25
Inferno1LE

Orange Stuff is 100% better than the Blue Stuff in my opinion. Better resistance to fade, better bite, better feel. They are less noisy on the street than the blue stuff too.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:21 AM   #26
Btrbimmer

Drives: 2SS 1LE Silver w/Recaro NPP
Inferno1LE,

A few questions:

Did you run the same pads front and rear?

The EBC catalog seems to indicate the pads are only available for early model years. Did you have any issues on your 2013?

https://ebcbrakes.com/Assets/ecatalo...2016.html#p=86

Thanks!

Quote:
Orange Stuff is 100% better than the Blue Stuff in my opinion. Better resistance to fade, better bite, better feel. They are less noisy on the street than the blue stuff too.
Attached Images

Btrbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #27
Inferno1LE

Call EBC. They will make the pads in the orange stuff compound. It's special order, and I do use the same front and back.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #28
cawj87

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS 6M 1LE
Thanks for the response and I had the same question about how to get them. I couldn't find orange or blue stuffs anywhere for a 2013
cawj87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluestuff, brake pads, ebc, yellowstuff