Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-27-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
Beandip2811

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Just for fun take a walk down memory lane

Just for fun can you recall all the cars, trucks, or other motorized vehicles you have owned? Over the years my wife and I have had some good laughs about the cars and trucks we owned. Usually she had her daily driver and I had mine but there was always a fun car for the both of us. Really it was more for me than her but she has been a good sport about it for the most part. Here is a list of ours over the years:

1.1957 Chevrolet Bel-Air 4 door sedan, rolled it on a gravel road with a couple of friends. Damn I miss that car, this was my first one and I bought it when I was 14 years old.

2.1967 GTO 2 door hardtop. Be carefull what you wish for you just might get it. Me and my friends were talking a couple of days before we rolled the 57 about how my next car was going to be a 2 door, fast, and have a manual transmission. Two weeks after the accident...poof I got my wish.

3.1980 Ford Pinto (college car) Sold this one to a cousin who needed a car.

4.1966 Ford Mustang. Ruff and tuff old car but burned more oil and transfluid than gas.

5.1984 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 door (her first car)

6.1981 Suzuki GS1000. First motorcycle I ever owned, and almost the last, I ran into a deer with it five days later.

7.1965 Ford Mustang. Bought it for my girlfriend at the time(now my wife) but two weeks after I got it for her I wrecked it. I fixed it with a used fender of a different color but it just wasn't the same for her after that.

8.1966 Chevrolet Malibu 2 door hard top. Bought it wrecked in the front, gave the motor to my brother for his truck and sold the car a year later but didn't do anything else to it.

9.1977 Chevrolet Malibu 2 door. Belonged to a buddy of mine before I bought it. Haven't owned too many cars that road as well as that one.

10.1980 Ford "Sport Pinto" Traded first Mustang in on it for my wife to drive. It was the coolest pinto we have ever seen...It even had louvers on the back window! Traded the 66 Stang in on this one. What was I thinking?

11.1985 Chevrolet Cavalier 2 door type 10. After we sold the SPORT PINTO we bought this one. This is the car that took us on our honeymoon. Sold the GTO just before we were married in May of 1994.

12.1979 Dodge Ram 150 short box reg cab 4x4. Good truck, sucked the gas. Sold the 77 Malibu just after bought this one.

13.1986 Oldsmobile 98 Regency. (Remember that the Dodge sucked gas.) Man that car was nice. We brought home our first child in this one.

14.1969 Chevrolet C-1500 Long Box. Since We sold the GTO before we got married this was the first FUN vehicle we bought with both names on the title. It was a really low milage truck that we bought from the original owner but when we titled it at the court house they wouldn't verify the milage so when they put it in our name the milage showed exempt. Bummer for resale!

15.1978 Ford E350 Cargo Van Factory AWD with a snow plow. Bought it to make a little extra money, but lost my butt a little bit.

16.1993 GMC Jimmy SLT, traded #11 and #13 in for it. This was a very big step up for us, first vehicle we ever took out a loan for. It was about this time I went to work as a salesman for the dealership that I was working as a mechanic up to that point.

17.1996 Pontiac Grand Am GT 4 door. Technically we leased it but our names were on the registration and it was our 1st new car.

18.1970 ElCamino SS tribute. Fun truck but not for me so we sold it to a friend of ours that still has it today. Looks much better now and has a killer Big Block 454 in it. We sold the 69 C-1500 before we got this one.

19.1974 Chevrolet K-1500. One more of my attempts to try and make a little money. I bought it with no engine with the hopes of putting one in it and get it running so I could sell it. Well lets just say the good news is we didn't loose any money this time. But if time was money I lost a little bit more.

20.1984 Pontiac Fiero 2M4. Fun little car that held up well during the hail storm of 1996 but sold it when a friend of ours was in bad need of a car. I don't care what they say about the early Fiero's that car was way ahead of GM's time.

21.1986 GMC K-1500. Nice old regular cab truck that I really didn't have a need to buy I just wanted it because it looked good.

22.1996 Chevrolet Impala SS Dark Cherry. Blast of a car even though it had 4 doors.

23.1989 Suburban Conversion. It was sweet, it was black and silver just like Dale Earnhardt's #3 and had Centerline Hellcat wheels that just looked cool.

24.1982 Yamaha 650 Maxim. This bike sucked compared to my Suzuki so we didn't have it long and luckly I didn't kill any deer with this one.

25.1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT. Indigo Blue over Pewter, best looking color combo that I can recall. This one was also a lease, but for 375 dollars a month we wouldn't have been able to aford to buy anything of its caliber for that. Sold the 1989 Suburban to take advantage of this smokin lease.

26.1996 Pontiac Grand Prix 2door Special Edition. Husker red with chrome wheels made it a nice eye catcher. Got this one to replace the 99 Suruban.

27.1998 Chevy Tahoe. This one was more than likely my wife's favorite, bright white with dark blue interior. I then drove the Grand Prix and the Impala SS was gone before this one came along.

28.2000 Chevy S-10 truck. Regular cab with the X-tream package and hey with only one kid in the family who needs more room than that right? We traded the Grand Prix for this little truck.

29.1979 Chevrolet Corvette L79. After we sold the Impala we did'nt have fun car for a while and my wife asked "What about a Corvette?". I have to admit that Corvettes were really never on the top of my list but she seemed excited about owning a "Barbie Vette". I was a little less excited.

30.1997 Chysler Town and Country LXi. What else can I say it was a mini-van. It was her vehicle and more than likely her least favorite. We traded the Tahoe in for this one.

31.1997 Oldsmobile 88 LS. Yes this one could be called my fathers Oldsmobile, even though I bought it for me, my dad should have been the one driving it. At this point we had two kids and #three was on the way so we traded the 2000 S-10 for it. I now needed the room.

32.2001 Dodge Durango RT. This is how I redeemed myself after making my wife drive the Chrysler. Sorry about the Van honey. But I didn't learn my lesson about the gas mileage so we didn't have this one very long even though it had the best cup holders to that point.

33.2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. Also another great lease, I drove this as my daily driver for about a year and put just under 14,000 miles on it. Head up display is sooooo underrated, I think it should be on all cars.

34.1992 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe. Still not sure if a Corvette was the fun car I had in mind I came accross another one that was more to my style and less of a "Barbie Vette". If I could have ordered one out new in 1992 this would have been the way I would have. Mr. Black was the first car ever to recieve a name by the family. He was a black on black beauty with a six speed manual and had a few of just the right bolt ons to make this a wickedly fast Vette. We owned this one just short of four years and only put 3,000 miles on him. Of course I sold that damn barbie vette when we bought this one.

35.1994 Chevrolet Suburban. We bought this one for the wife and went back in time a little because this one was so well cared for we pimped it out a little and put some 20" wheels and a big DVD player in it. That was the best looking 94 Suburban in town. We traded the gas pig Durango in on this one.

36.1999 Buick Regal LSE. Nice car for a Buick and it was a good color but again don't know what I was thinking. I only owned this one for a month. Check out #37.

37.2004 Pontiac GTO. Six speed Manual in a Special Edition Pulse Red. When the folks at GM needed to unload some of the left over 2004 GTO's they came as close to giving these cars away as I have ever seen in the 10 years that I had been selling cars. My lease payment on this 350hp beast was less per month than the insurance. At 107 dollars a month it was mine for two fast years. The only difficult choice over those next two years was which car did I drive on Sunday. The Goat or Mr. Black? That just depended on which one of the family members wanted to go with.

38.2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71. When the wife got a little worried about driving the 150,000 mile Suburban, we took the 20's off of it and swapped the DVD player out of it and away we went. This one was my wife's dream Truck.

39.2004 Nissan Quest Sport Van. Even though it was her dream truck she had to wake up to reality so we traded my wife's Tahoe for another van. As cool as the Tahoe was to look at it just didn't fit in to the people hauling buisness that my wife was into. This van I have to say ended up being one of our favorite family vehicles and I am talking about all five of us. This is only the second vehicle we ever named. But even so, Vandora didn't last for ever.

40.2004 Nissan Pathfinder Armada. In the fall of 2007 we bought a little 17' Larsen Ski boat. After tearing up a couple of sets of tires on Vandora we new she wouldn't be able to handle the weight of the newest family toy so we traded our second van in for what looks like a small garbage truck.

41.1963 Chevy II. After four years of owning Mr. Black( 92 Corvette )on a rather dim witted decision I traded him for this one and a enough cash to buy #42. Other than the fact that this car was straight there wasn't a panel on the little car that wasn't rusty. The only good thing was all of the trim pieces were there.

42.1969 Pontiac Firebird. After years of looking and trying to find my 67 GTO unsuccessfully I turned back the clock on the Fun car and bought this car with the cash we had left over from the Vette sale. It is the car you now see in my profile at the top. We have had the banana bird now for about a year and a half and even though it isn't nearly as fast or complete as the Corvette I and most of the family are enjoying this one much more. When your driving down the street and some one looks over and gives you the thumbs up, you just don't get tired of the feeling. And when you are at the gas station filling up, the people you meet and share stories with just don't happen as often while driving a Vette. Only the wife isn't as happy with the Firebird as the rest of us, I think she misses the Corvette.

43.2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS LS3. This has been a long post and if you have stuck with it this long thanks for humoring me. I have always been a car guy ever since I can remember and I have been wanting to write an account of all the cars my wife and I have bought and sold. Over a period of 22 years(5 years of my own and 17 together) we have had our share of vehicles and looking back at it now I really can see how blessed I am to have a wife that understands, a family that accepts, and a job that provides me with the opportunity. This will trully be a multipule firsts for us. It will be the first car that my wife and I ordered out the way we wanted. It will be the first car that the whole family had a say about. It will be our first Camaro!!! I can't even belive that one and I truly hope this is the car that we will always own and never trade or sell it. Looking back over this post I realize just how many cars that we owned that if we knew what we do now we just might have kept a few of them.

44.2000 Saturn wagon. Oldest daughter turned 15 and she is now driving to school.

45.2009 Mazda CX-9. Traded the 2004 Nissan in on the Mazda. Loved the Nissan, didn't love the mileage but that isn't why we bought it.

46.1988 Pontiac Fiero. I was looking for an 88 Formula for a while now. Just happened to find one around home and in the color I was looking for. Now I just need to figure out what I am going to do with it.

47.2010 GMC Acadia, decent on mileage and can pull the boat and a small car trailer so I found. Traded the wife's CX-9 for it.

48.2013 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. Great fun, Great looking, not practical at all. Did I say it was fun?

49.2007 Pontiac G5. Now the oldest is off to college mom thought she would need a car that the local mechanics wouldn't mind working on. I though things were supposed to be rough in college.

50.2013 GMC Acadia. Round two with the Acadia's. We loved the first one and it pulls the boat a ton better than the Jeep. Can't take the top off but it doesn't put us in the poor house when it comes to gas mileage.

51.2009 Chevrolet Cobalt. Daughter totaled her G5 while at college(not her fault thank goodness) so this was the replacement vehicle.

52.2015 GMC Acadia. Round 3 and again we must like them because this is the first vehicle we have ever owned more than two!

53.1972 Chevrolet Elcamino. Really this belongs to my son so this will be first on his list once he makes his own but I am on the title with him so it counts for now.

54.1953 MG TD. Why not, always wanted a Mazda MX-5, so we will see how this one goes. The owner of the Dealership that I work for sold it to me for a song so I couldn't pass it up. WAY outside my comfort zone I must admit.

55.1979 GMC Short box two wheel drive. Praise the lowered as they say because this one came just the way I always wanted. Lowered, a bit rough on the edges but ran and sounded so tough.

56.2010 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4x4 with a V8. This was my attempt to have my wife drive a truck to pull the boat. We got a bigger boat last summer so the Acadia had to tap out. Lets just say the Canyon didn't last long in the garage. Longer than I thought it would but not as long as I wanted. Really would have liked to have that truck to the end, hard to find them with a v8.

57.1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4x4. School car for my son.

58.2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS. Okay so you say the Canyon won't do it for you? That's fine but I couldn't afford to buy a newer Yukon so we needed something with a V8 to pull the boat and it had to have a sunroof. Good thing she didn't tell me it had to be newer than the Canyon!

59.2006 Monte Carlo SS. Everyone of my kids got to have a "fun" car as their daily drive in hopes that when they were done with it they would have some value left. Sure the 5.3 V8 wasn't the most fuel efficiant but it was a very nice car for my daughters true first car. It was about this time the 1997 Blazer had to go.

60. 2008 Pontiac G6 GT coupe. My son needed a car for daily use being his El Camino was always going in the garage for work on this or that. The 97 Blazer wasn't cutting the mustard so we thought this would do the trick. Nice car but he hated the FWD so not quite a year later he sold it.

61.1990 GMC Sierra SLX. 2WD Reg Cab short box pick up. I have been after this one for a while and it's ours now. Six cylinder 5-speed in great shape and will get an LS transplant soon.

62.1999 Camaro. This is a police car used by the Nebraska highway patrol and I bought it for the engine and transmission that I want to put into the truck. Only issue is that is one of 7 built that year and I am struggling with tearing it apart. It runs and drives and appears to be all original so I am having a hard time with the fact that it is such a low production vehicle and the fact its a police vehicle.

63.2008 GMC Envoy Denali. This vehicle replaced the #59 06 Monte Carlo SS. A childhood friend of my daughters ran into the back of the Monte and totaled it out. So this was a little more practical vehicle for her in the long run so we will find something else for here down the road.

64.2018 Buick Regal Tour X. All these years my wife kept a secret. Buick came out with a new Regal and Regal wagon in 2018. I really like wagons and have always kept and eye out for one, whether it an old one or newer one I have always liked the wagon design. So when we got our first Tour X at the dealership I brought her in to take a look and try and convince her she needed one. To my surprise she LOVED it. Another one of those be careful for what you wish for things because I really liked her Trailblazer SS and always wanted to keep it in the fold but once she saw this Buick it was over. She then confessed to me that she loved the Subaru Outback wagons. We have been married almost 25 years at the time and I never knew that. She said simply that we didn't sell Subaru's so she never mentioned it. I never thought I would own a Buick unless it was a mid sixties Riviera or 66 Buick Skylark but here we are and we both love it.

65. 2002 Camaro SS. My son did not car for the FWD Pontiac G6 so we sold it and bought this Camaro instead. Well taken car of car with only the exhaust having been modified and some aftermarket wheels installed it has been much better received than the Pontiac.

Last edited by Beandip2811; 05-11-2020 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Few More to add
Beandip2811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:07 AM   #2
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Here I go

1) 1996 Monte Carlo Z-34: Bought it in 2003 as my first car for 6K Just recently found the used dealership sticker yellowed in the glove box that said how many miles it had at time of purchase. 74K miles. Now it has over 109K and is falling apart as my brother uses the cars last dying miles for college travel. But despite it being a quasi lemon I still loved it; despite throwing 3 pulleys, 2 new front fascias, 2 new pax doors, and recent repairs putting a 1 foot crack in the bondo repair done at the body shop..

Body shop guys: Next time, check the paint you used before applying it. High heat curing doesn't work on Monte carlos..

2) 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4: Bought it with 49K in 2005 and she's almost ready to push over 103K miles. She's been a dependable college truck and has only had to go in twice for things.

First one was just a wiring hiccup in the charging system that blew the alternator and the second was just a premature pop of the axle seals. None were too serious. Only had one accident in this one too (one car spinout on an icy I94).

Might keep her after the Camaro and drop a used 2001-2004 Cobra motor and transmission in after the fact.

3) 1983 VF750C Honda Magna V45: Bought it after I sold a clunker bike hand-me-down from a friend for 600 bucks. Didn't have 1st gear, perfect wiring, or half an exhaust, but it was my first bike.

I loved it, and rode it until my parents threatened to disown me.. Sold it last April for 400 bucks and spent it on rent. Still stings in the heart when I think about it. I miss that V-4. (I'm actually tearing up as I write this.. it really hurt that day to see it trailered off)
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

ooh love this topic, here goes (takes a sip of water)

car 1: 1977 or 1978 (not sure of the year) Chevrolet Monza 2 door notchback coupe. it had the old 2.5l inline 4 with a auto tranny. my dad got it for me when i was 14 it was to be my first car but it had so many problems that we decided to get rid of it and get a a better car. I never had it registered or had plates on it so its only on this list cause it was my 'first car'.

car 2: 1980 Chevrolet Malibu Classic coupe. 305 V8 with Eldebrock intake, and Holley 4 barrel carb under a all stock car. Only had AM/FM with 8 track (in a 1980 model year car ) AC (did not work) and auto tranny (blew out my first few weeks of ownership, put in one from a 78 corvette ). After high school we gave it a minor exterior restoration, removed the rubber roof, repainted the car from dull gray to 78 Corvette light silver (lower color of 78 Indy pace car Vette). car was totaled in a massive t bone collision in Daytona Beach when we first moved there from NY.

car 3: 1987 Plymouth Turismo 'Duster', bought at a used car lot that was on a guys lawn (that should have raised a red flag there ). being it was the 'duster' model it had every option but sunroof, chrome wheels, rear wing, full gauges, etc. car was a big POS, bad carb, leaky AC hoses, clanked when hit a bump, radio did not work, and the headliner (not just the fabric, but the panel it was 'glued to') came down on me. dealership that sold it went out of business shortly after i bought it so i fixed what needed fixing on it and re sold it. had the carb rebuilt, put in new AC hoses, had the headliner re clipped to the sheet metal of the roof, and put in a working factory radio out of a dodge caravan. sold the car for like 300 bucks LESS than i paid for it. that car left SUCH a bad taste in my mouth i said would NEVER buy a front drive Chrysler corporation car ever again (but that would not last, see car: 7 )

car 4: 1986 Toyota SR5 extended cab 4x4 pickup. I bought this truck of the original owner other than some missing bits it was IDENTICAL to the truck Michael J Fox had in the back to the future films. i replaced the missing things like grill and roll bar light covers and installed the correct wheels tires that were not on the truck. sadly it was totaled in a roll over somewhere in the middle of Virgina and was not drivable anymore .

car 5: 1988 Chevrolet Camaro T top sport coupe, next to my Malibu this is my favorite car and the most fun. had a 305 V8 with a throttle body, which gave it decent power but I lived in Florida so it was more than enough grunt to get me down the road or on the freeways. had a Grant aftermarket steering wheel and American Racing chrome mag wheels on white letter tires. god i loved this car but being it had the 305 and it had almost 150k on the clock it was loosing oil pressure. so i sold the car but i got 300 MORE than i paid for it by including the Pioneer head unit and 6 disc CD changer i had in the back of the car. I wish i would have just kept it and bought a newer motor or a 350 motor from another GM car, oh well.

car 6: 1995 Ford Thunderbird 40th Anniversary Edition. this is easily the nicest and most luxurious car I have ever owned. had the 4.6 V8 motor same one as the current mustang, and the t bird actually got the 4.6 2 years before the mustang did . had power everything, leather interior, with dual power seats, JBL sound system, moonroof, keyless entry with those cool keypad on the door inside the door handle recess to lock or unlock the car or pop the trunk without using the keyring. sadly the car was totaled in 2002 when it was rear ended in a collision by a guy doing 60 mph on a back road while i was stopped. i used the insurance money to buy my mom's car off of her for a good deal (car number 7).

car 7: 2000 Dodge Stratus SE sedan, had the very smooth and peppy 2.4 DOHC inline four mated to a 4 speed auto tranny. this car was VERY quick for what it was, being a smallish light weight car. had power everything, AC, decent stereo, but i replaced it with all Pioneer including speakers shortly after i got it. I took this car to Florida from NY and back 3 times. it had plenty of punch on the highway for a 4 cylinder car, and got great fuel economy. I would not go out of my way to buy another, but for a daily driver in NY it did the job well, sold it 2 years ago to a co worker when could not drive for a year (long story).

car 8: 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS aka Monty, my current car. I bought it off of my dad after my 1 year vacation from driving in NY and needed a new car. he recently retired and did not need his work car anymore so he sold me his 2004 Monte to me last summer for a VERY good deal. It is one of the nicest smoothest, most comfortable car I have owned.......yet. Has without a doubt next to my old T bird's JBL system, the NICEST factory sound system I have ever heard in a car, with factory CD too. I have yet to have the speakers swapped out from OEM to aftermarket (i kept the speakers i had in my Stratus and they were same size as the ones in the Monte), they are that good. I still have the car and will hold onto it for a while, as of this posting it has 147k on the clock and is still squeak and rattle free, i swear it feels like a new car as do my friends .
Old 07-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
ElAntonius

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS A6
1. 2004 Honda Civic LX. Burnt Magnesium beauty, with 108 blistering horses waiting to be unleashed in impromptu drag races versus rascal riding grandmothers. The headlights would get brighter when I turned off the AC.

Snark aside, I really liked this car...my folks bought it for me while I was in school and now that I've graduated and been working for a couple of years the high value retention allowed me to make a nice down payment on...

2. 2010 Camaro 1SS L99, black.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #5
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
1. First car, A Chevy Citation. The car would start shaking when it got up to 80 mph or so, which is probably why I didn't do it much. Car was totaled when I looked down for just a moment to find a cassette. Looked up and I was right behind a guy stopped in the road to do a left hand turn.

2. Second car, probably second best car I ever owned...An 83 Cutlass Culais. V8 engine, white with burgundy interior. (First got lucky in this car back in 93. lol...) Car was stolen and vandalized. Later recovered but never repaired.

3. 89 Chevy S-10. What a POS. Must have been a four banger, no torque or power at all. Cheap plastic and vinyl interior that cracked.

4. 02 Z-24 Cavalier. Decent looking car as far as cheap cars go, but another POS. Power windows went out, CD player went out...at least it got pretty decent gas mileage.

5. (Current) -05 Pontiac GTO. Fell in love with this car after the first test drive. More luxurious and well put together than anything I've ever been in. Scary power, as much as you can handle. They set the bar high with this one...what my next car (Camaro).. will someday be judged against...
Old 07-29-2009, 03:07 AM   #6
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
1. 2005 Ford Mustang. Got it brand new as my 16th birthday present

thats it lol

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:26 AM   #7
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
1. 1989 Pontiac Sunbird
2. 1992 Mazda B2000 4x4- Junk
3. 1992 Chevy 1500
4. 1992 Mitsubishi 3000 GT - worse than junk, they had to but it back tranny problems
5. 1993 Chevy 1500 Stepside
6. 1994 Chevy 1500 4x4
7. 1995 Chevy 2500 4x4
8. 1996 Chevy 1500 extended cab
9. 1997 Chevy 1500 Ext Cab Z71
10. 1998 Chevy 1500 Ext Cab Z71
11. 1999 Chevy 1500 Ext Cab Z71
12. 1994 Chevy Cavilier Z24
13. 1985 Chevy C-10 LWB , Still have
14. 1963 Chevy C-10 SWB Stepside, Still have
15. 1956 Chevy 2 door Bel-Air, wish I still had
16. 2000 Chevy 15Chevy 1500 Ext Cab Z71
17. 2001 Chevy 1500 Ext Cab Z71
18. 2002 Chevy 1500 Ext Cab Z71
19. 2003 Chevy 3500 Ext Cab 4x4
20. 2005 GMC 1500 Crew Cab Z71
21. 2006 GMC 2500 HD Duramax Diesel 4x4, Still have
22. 2008 Hummer H-3 Alpha, Still have
23. 2010 Camaro 2SS, Of course I still have
24. 1964 Chevy C-10 Stepside, Still have
25. 2005 Yamaha 1100 Silverado, Still have
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:26 AM   #8
Bungo
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Bungo
1. 1970 Ford Mustang Grande Coupe, built 302. Bought it when I was 15. I never drove it but I still miss it.

2. 1990 Ford Bronco II, Great truck that found a telephone pole too early in its life.

3. 1986 Pontiac SkyHawk Hatchback, good beater that lived for almost a year.

4. 1973 VW Super Beetle. was a "family" car, whoever needed a car ended up driving "the beetle" started my love for VW's, great car, built 1600 dual port engine in it, Wide fiberglass fenders and custom paint

5. 1986 VW Jetta Turbo Diesel, Car took me to my first and only year of college when it died I ended up with "the beetle" again

6. "the beetle"

7. 198* Subaru Justy, funny little POS, had the spare on top of the 3cylinder engine, stick shift with pushbutton 4WD and 13in wheels!

8. 1988 Bronco II, I hoped every day that this garbage truck would find a telephone pole but alas it never went straight but never found the pole either.

9. 1992 VW Corrado SLC, the first VW with the VR6 engine in it, Great car! won my first award at a car show with it! It was also the end of my cars remaining stock

10. 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S my first financed car. a great car, alot of bolt ons done and alot of body work added. My girlfriend (now wife) was pissed when I sold it, I was done with it and wanted a car without a check engine light

11. 1986 Honda CRX, NON Si carburated garbage car that would not die! I drove it into the ground time and time again.

12. 1992 Subaru Outback Sport, Great beater that was alot of fun in the winter snows.

13. 1973 VW Super Beetle (not the same one) there were actually 2 of these in the driveway at the same time. Neither of them ran and they both ended up as 1 unfinished project

13. 1969 VW Karmann Ghia Vert, Semi-Built 1500cc engine, Porsche Silver, black top, black interior. Loved this car but the car did not love not having a garage. (this was the fun car and the outback sport was the beater)

14. 2002 Subaru WRX, car was lowered with an exhaust. Even more fun in the winter than the Outback.

15. 2006 Hyundai Tiburon V6 (wife's first new car) we modified it as much as we wanted. she won a few awards and we traded it in before it we owed more than it was worth

16. 2007 VW GTi (wife's second new car) great car, it served its purpose by teaching my wife how to drive stick on a car she wasnt scared of hurting. She knew since I worked at a dealership that if she damaged it 10-1 we could get it covered. She never hurt it and it found a new home at a Honda/VW Dealer when we traded it for the S2000

17. 2008 VW GTi DSG 5-Door Still have this car. Hell of alot of fun with the DSG and a hell of alot of laziness if I just want to put it into D and go.

18. 2007 Honda S2000, little bastard handled like a go-kart, Its fun revving a car to 8k but a little annoying in day to day traffic when your sitting. Still alot of fun. It went to its new home on the 25th of this month and has since been named "baby blue" by its new owner

19. 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (well soon to be 19) Aqua Blue Metallic "Big Blue" (named by the new owner of the S) Is on its way here and we cannot wait! like my sig says, I dont normally like being patient but here I sit waiting. I hope and pray like you all say that it is deffinately worth the wait

and the wife says I have to be patient while she gets dressed
Bungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:21 AM   #9
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
1.) 1984 Renault Fuego - Fun car believe it or not
2.) 1979 Pontiact Firebird - blew the first motor and dropped in a 389 out of a 196x GTO
3.) 198x Chevy S10 Cameo - Very fun truck and a good looker
4.) 1995 Mustang GT - Cool car and fun to drive
5.) 1998 Mustang Cobra - with 4.10s and some other mods it was pretty fast!
6.) 2001 Camaro SS - Had LG do some work (G5 cam FLP headers etc) was very fun. Had another company do more work and killed it for me. Just never was the same.
7.) 2004 Mustang Cobra - The best car I have owned to date. Did a ported blower etc (509rwhp / 520rwtq). Should have never gotten rid of this car !!!!!!!!!!!
8.) 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 - Fun car - AWD + Turbo 4
9.) 2008 BMW 135i - Very fun car and the best put together car of the bunch (except for the Mazdaspeed 6). I just longed for a V8 again.
10.) 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - The story is just starting

Crowley
Old 08-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #10
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
1. 1954 Buick Century. Bought it in 2000 in collage, found it at a used car dealership after a deal to buy a second gen camaro fell through. Drove it to school and later to work only failed me once. Still have it planning to do a major restoration next year or so.

2. 1986 Buick Somerset. bought in 2002 decided to stop driving the Century in the winter so i picked this up for 200 bucks. The paint color was (i kid you not) diarrhea brown with really bad rust on the rockers. So not wanting to spend real money on a $200 car I went with a friend to a park and with a armload of craft paint went to work. The car ended up being superman blue on the bottom and dark red top (store ran out of blue) not a bad job for cheap spray paint. Car ran for 2 years and had many interesting features like power door lock (1), power window, never on the same side and the radio would turn on and off at random when the car would want to listen to music. Also there was a hole in the floor below the carpet so every once in a while I had to force open a can of lysol to kill the smell. I parked the car one summer in a outdoor spot i rented and when I went to pick it up in the fall I found I had left the door unlocked and although nothing was stolen I found the floor littered with condoms. The smell of summer baked mold and sex juices spelled the end of this otherwise fun little car.

3. 1981 Camaro Z28. Bought in 2003 Bought with no motor or tranny and spent the next year being ripped off by a former friend to get the car completed. Ended up having to sell the car and cut my losses. IT HAD A PERFECT BODY original car was stick. Can u tell i am still pissed about that.

4. 1996 Corolla acquired in 2003 Friends car he wrecked it gave it to me i fixed it (complete with duct tape fender) and I drove it for about a year before I sold it to a terrorist (i reported him don't worry) try to finished the Camaro.

5. 2002 Honda Bought in 2005 Finally had to break down and declare the Camaro project a fail. Sued the friend and bought this. I hate this car. I can feel it outside my kitchen window glaring at me. It replaced my Camaro. But soon that will be fixed (SS/RS ordered 7/17/09) Sometimes I think I'll keep it and put it upside down on my lawn like a dead cockroach... But such thoughts pass.

6. 1993 Suzuki GS500 Bought in 2008. First bike got it for cheap, it ran I learned then gave it to a friend so they could have a first bike.

7. 2009 Honda Shadow 750vc spirit Nice bike still a bit of a beginner but so am I thinking of doing the watchmen blood spattered smilingly face to the tank.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #11
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpants View Post
1. 1954 Buick Century. Bought it in 2000 in collage, found it at a used car dealership after a deal to buy a second gen camaro fell through. Drove it to school and later to work only failed me once. Still have it planning to do a major restoration next year or so.

2. 1986 Buick Somerset. bought in 2002 decided to stop driving the Century in the winter so i picked this up for 200 bucks. The paint color was (i kid you not) diarrhea brown with really bad rust on the rockers. So not wanting to spend real money on a $200 car I went with a friend to a park and with a armload of craft paint went to work. The car ended up being superman blue on the bottom and dark red top (store ran out of blue) not a bad job for cheap spray paint. Car ran for 2 years and had many interesting features like power door lock (1), power window, never on the same side and the radio would turn on and off at random when the car would want to listen to music. Also there was a hole in the floor below the carpet so every once in a while I had to force open a can of lysol to kill the smell. I parked the car one summer in a outdoor spot i rented and when I went to pick it up in the fall I found I had left the door unlocked and although nothing was stolen I found the floor littered with condoms. The smell of summer baked mold and sex juices spelled the end of this otherwise fun little car.

3. 1981 Camaro Z28. Bought in 2003 Bought with no motor or tranny and spent the next year being ripped off by a former friend to get the car completed. Ended up having to sell the car and cut my losses. IT HAD A PERFECT BODY original car was stick. Can u tell i am still pissed about that.

4. 1996 Corolla acquired in 2003 Friends car he wrecked it gave it to me i fixed it (complete with duct tape fender) and I drove it for about a year before I sold it to a terrorist (i reported him don't worry) try to finished the Camaro.

5. 2002 Honda Bought in 2005 Finally had to break down and declare the Camaro project a fail. Sued the friend and bought this. I hate this car. I can feel it outside my kitchen window glaring at me. It replaced my Camaro. But soon that will be fixed (SS/RS ordered 7/17/09) Sometimes I think I'll keep it and put it upside down on my lawn like a dead cockroach... But such thoughts pass.

6. 1993 Suzuki GS500 Bought in 2008. First bike got it for cheap, it ran I learned then gave it to a friend so they could have a first bike.

7. 2009 Honda Shadow 750vc spirit Nice bike still a bit of a beginner but so am I thinking of doing the watchmen blood spattered smilingly face to the tank.
By the way the Terrorist guy need to ship the car to Armenia ASAP so if he was a terrorist he was not targeting Americans.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #12
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
1. 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme- First car looked great, but a beater at heart...lol never had any issues with it, so a great buy for 2000 bucks

2. 2000 Grand AM GT- I loved this car untill I wrecked it (not at fault)

3. 1994 Cadillac Sedan DeVille- needed a mode of transportation, picked it up for 4000 bucks, and put almost another 100,000 miles on it. But the couputer died, starting with the idle control (guessing). all of a sudden RPM's went to the rev limiter and stayed there, I learned quick what smoldering brakes smelled like!

4. 2001 3.8L Camaro (Y87)- traded the smoldering caddy in for her asap. Best move ever, been in love ever since

5. 2000 Camaro Z28- traded in the 3.8L for her, my current DD
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #13
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Car 1: 1979 Datsun 280ZX, bought it while I was in tech school when I joined the AF for $1000. Paint on the car was so oxidized that if you touched the car, you became a smurf.

Car 2: 1988 Dodge Omni, my Uncle owned a used car lot and I was having some issues with the Datsun so he offered to take the car of my hands and offered me the Omni. Looking back, not as good of a deal as I thought at the time. Ended up sending it to the junkyard after I bought the Camaro.

Car 3: 1995 Chevrolet Camaro, came home from work one day and saw the car sitting on the "Lemon Lot" on base, decided to go check it out. Paperwork stated they only wanted payoff, so called the guy and found out how much payoff was. He told me, I went to the bank, got approved, bought the car. Car was bought by me in Aug 96 and I still have it today.

Technically Car 4: 2008 Mazda3, bought it for the wife.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #14
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpants View Post
By the way the Terrorist guy need to ship the car to Armenia ASAP so if he was a terrorist he was not targeting Americans.
What?

Anyways.

1.1989 Ford Festiva
2. 1985 Dodge Shadow (I couldnt kill that car)
3. 1986 Olds Cutlass calais
4. 199x Mazda 626
5. 1991 Camaro z28
6. 1979 Camaro (biggest heap of shit waste of money ever)
7. 1999 Cavalier (the stupid sport one)
8. 2003 Grand Am GT1
9. 1998 Camaro ss (sold for down payment for 2010 ss)
10. 1995 Ford Explorer Sport
11. 2000 Mercury Cougar (still have...but for sale)
12. 2003 Explorer Limited (still have)
13. 2010 Camaro SS (obviously still have)
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote