Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-18-2015, 12:06 PM   #1
easyfame

Drives: 2013 Camaro LFX
Cruze Leather Wheel swap?

I currently have an LS and want to swap the rubber wheel for a leather one, but don't want to pay $270 for a "camaro" wheel.

The cruze wheel looks almost identical and I was wondering if all the controls and oem airbag would fit in the cruze wheel, Does anybody have any experience with this?
MRT V2 Axle Back, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 20" Voxx SS Wheels Matte Black, Blacked Out Bowtie, Side Markers, Taillight Bezels, Front Bowtie Delete, 1LE Suede Steering Wheel, Shift Knob and boot. 4-Pack Gauge Cluster, Fog Lights
easyfame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Have you tried eBay or craigslist for a used camaro wheel?
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:53 PM   #3
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
eBay, there are some on there for a decent price.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #4
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
The Cruze steering wheel might work, but there are plenty of Camaro wheels out there. If you can't find one for a good price here or on Ebay try a salvage yard. It shouldn't cost you any more than a Cruze wheel.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #5
easyfame

I can't find any LT wheels for a decent price.

I can't have a hot wheels wheel and i can't get an ss or zl1 wheel because of the badging.
MRT V2 Axle Back, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 20" Voxx SS Wheels Matte Black, Blacked Out Bowtie, Side Markers, Taillight Bezels, Front Bowtie Delete, 1LE Suede Steering Wheel, Shift Knob and boot. 4-Pack Gauge Cluster, Fog Lights
Old 02-18-2015, 01:30 PM   #6
kudzu71

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyfame View Post
I can't find any LT wheels for a decent price.

I can't have a hot wheels wheel and i can't get an ss or zl1 wheel because of the badging.
Bummer. I was about to offer to sell you the wheel from my SS. I just upgraded to a ZL1 wheel.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:34 PM   #7
JR 1

I don't know what you consider a good price, but the going rate for a Camaro steering wheel at a salvage yard around here is $100. I'm sure there have to be some good yards a lot closer to you, but check this out for reference. I swear salvage yards are a great but much overlooked option for parts.>

http://www.schramauto.com/Search/Par...ice=&id=&name=
Old 02-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #8
easyfame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
I don't know what you consider a good price, but the going rate for a Camaro steering wheel at a salvage yard around here is $100. I'm sure there have to be some good yards a lot closer to you, but check this out for reference. I swear salvage yards are a great but much overlooked option for parts.>

http://www.schramauto.com/Search/Par...ice=&id=&name=
I can get a brand new cruze leather wheel for 100 though. I just want to know if will work.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:48 PM   #9
JR 1

Wow, that is definitely cheap for a new leather wrapped wheel. That isn't a dealer price is it?

The two wheels are available with the same control layout it appears the air bag is the same, but the wheel itself is definitely different. Unless somebody chimes in that has done this I would just play it safe and get a Camaro wheel for the same price. Sure you would have to get a used one, but most of those cars only had a few hundred miles on them. Or just get an SS or Zl1 wheel. The badging police won't hunt you down.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:48 PM   #10
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
it will work but none of the controls will work on the steering wheel. You would have to get it programed, which will cost you as well.
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote