Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-08-2015, 08:11 AM   #1
Awit92

Drives: 2015 camaro 2LS
LFX SOLO HFC with muffler/resonator delete and resonated x-pipe

Hey guys. I've been a lurker on here for forever and finally decided to make an account. I owe camaro5 with my current setup which is a CAI intake, VTC, Muffler delete, and resonated x-pipe.

I recently ordered the solo high flow cats. I'm curious if anyone has added this to a resonated x pipe + muffler delete setup. Just curious if I should have went with ARH instead due to the Solos having resonators. Curious how the resonators will play with the resonated x pipe. Hopefully I wont lose any volume. Thanks!
Awit92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:51 AM   #2
camrytt

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
How weird, I was just about to search for these on here.
Have CAI, mvr v2, and am about to get the vmax, ported mani and spacer.
camrytt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #3
Awit92

Sweet deal. Thanks Sanjay. I've been searching for weeks and haven't found anyone with this exact setup. Hopefully I'll get a throatier/deeper sound with some added volume. Ported throttle body is next!!
Old 08-08-2015, 12:02 PM   #4
Awit92

Forgot to add that the resonators are gone too. 2.25 piping all the way through though. and thanks for the sound clip! I really like that sound. I'll take a video once I get mine installed. Hopefully they'll be here soon
Old 04-24-2016, 08:26 PM   #5
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Instead of making a new thread...

Does anyone know of any videos where only Solo high-flow cats are installed, with straight pipe back (so no resonated x-pipe)? Just wondering if it would sound any better/different as they have their own resonators.

I just got my exhaust done and am now considering high-flow cats; wondering if I should go with the Solo's for the resonators or someone else's, sans resonators. Any ideas how the sound may differ between resonated and non-resonated cats? Guess I'd be looking for a deeper/grumbly-er sound.

I went with the resonated x-pipe and 2.5" pipe back (removed resonators and mufflers), and finished with the 3.5" dual tips (AKA quad tips); sounds pretty good - clean and refined and not annoyingly loud; not too much drone; and letting 'er rip while under a bridge or in a tunnel is audibly orgasmic.
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:48 PM   #6
Badmaro95

Drives: 2015 camaro 1ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Instead of making a new thread...

Does anyone know of any videos where only Solo high-flow cats are installed, with straight pipe back (so no resonated x-pipe)? Just wondering if it would sound any better/different as they have their own resonators.

I just got my exhaust done and am now considering high-flow cats; wondering if I should go with the Solo's for the resonators or someone else's, sans resonators. Any ideas how the sound may differ between resonated and non-resonated cats? Guess I'd be looking for a deeper/grumbly-er sound.

I went with the resonated x-pipe and 2.5" pipe back (removed resonators and mufflers), and finished with the 3.5" dual tips (AKA quad tips); sounds pretty good - clean and refined and not annoyingly loud; not too much drone; and letting 'er rip while under a bridge or in a tunnel is audibly orgasmic.
http://youtu.be/MOUofhNJvnM
Badmaro95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #7
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
From what I've read and heard it seems like the resonator and cat combo will be better for the lower/beefier sound.

If/when I do the cats I'll start the engine with just the cats in place - not connected to the cat-back - if I can and see what she sounds like without the x-pipe; I suspect it would be neighbour-raging loud, however.
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #8
SneakyBlue

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Hi-Flow Cats

I was planning to pick up a set of Solo Performance Hi-Flow Cats w/resonator. Does anyone have advice on how that would perform on a V6 LFX with an Airaid intake, IPF tuner module, and Dynomax axle-back exhaust?
SneakyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:25 PM   #9
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
i didn't gain much volume from my solos. i would go for the arh if i were you. especially since you have the x pipe
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:27 PM   #10
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyBlue View Post
I was planning to pick up a set of Solo Performance Hi-Flow Cats w/resonator. Does anyone have advice on how that would perform on a V6 LFX with an Airaid intake, IPF tuner module, and Dynomax axle-back exhaust?
the perfect video for you

Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hfc, muffler delete, solo