Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 08-30-2015, 04:52 AM   #141
Third-Gen
Olson Kustom Works

Drives: 91 Camaro, LS3, TVS2300, TR6060
This is the cage in my Third Gen just so you guys dont think im an amateur lol.

Third-Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #142
s.hammer

Drives: 2015 Z/28
Third-Gen, How did you solve these issues on your install? I am in the process right now and I am running into the same issues. The rear mounts I intend to shim with some 1/8 to 3/16 aluminum bar stock cut and drilled to fit but the fronts are stumping me at the moment. Not sure if they changed the floor of the Camaro between 2010 and the 2015 or if there is something I am missing. By the way, Figures 1 and 10 are pics from a Mustang, in their Camaro instructions. Can't see how that would confuse anyone...
s.hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:46 PM   #143
2013 ZL1 #7860

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.hammer View Post
Third-Gen, How did you solve these issues on your install? I am in the process right now and I am running into the same issues. The rear mounts I intend to shim with some 1/8 to 3/16 aluminum bar stock cut and drilled to fit but the fronts are stumping me at the moment. Not sure if they changed the floor of the Camaro between 2010 and the 2015 or if there is something I am missing. By the way, Figures 1 and 10 are pics from a Mustang, in their Camaro instructions. Can't see how that would confuse anyone...
I ran into the same thing and expressed this to RPM. Basicly was told I didnt know what I was talking about...
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:03 PM   #144
s.hammer

Drives: 2015 Z/28
I don't think it is 100% their fault, there really is no great spot for the front feet to bolt in but that being the case, make some 3/4" x 1 1/2" aluminum bar stock spacers for under the front of the main hoop. Same on rear, I don't think the could go any wider to actually hit the wheelwell and have the ability to still get the bar in the car in one piece. I had to wrestle mine to get it in and I have 1/4" +/- on each side. Once again, 1/4' aluminum bar stock spacers. For the $$$$ paid, it should come with the kit. Did you come up with a similar solution?
s.hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:03 PM   #145
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
I couldn't find/get any good info over on the Camaro6 forum for my 2016 2SS Vert. You guy's had incredible info and Pics!!! Just missing a PDF of the awesome instructions lol. A little surprised at the age of the thread, and that I haven't heard from one of you that have since moved to the 6th Gen. Well, after reading this thread, I'm very discouraged to move forward with this RPM investment.
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:58 AM   #146
cmack

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
comment deleted

Last edited by cmack; 09-01-2019 at 12:46 PM.
cmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:51 AM   #147
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
I know I’m kinda reviving an old thread but I wanted to comment about my experiences installing my rpm 6pt roll bar in my 2010 2ss.

1. This is the first time I’ve ever installed a roll bar and it’s not perfect but I think I did a great job being I had no help at all.

2. If I had to do it again I’d pay someone else to do it! At least one from rpm rollbars anyways.

3. And this is the biggest part and the main reason I am posting! The provided directions rpm rollbars provide is about useless. They are more like guidelines than actual directions. Very poorly written, kinda vague, and pictures were half useless and only somewhat helpful. They didn’t include the picture I’m including here of the rear side panels and what and where you need to cut for installation. The other picture I’m including is parts that go to the front foot mounts between them and the car. The directions made absolutely no mention of them or how they orientate or which 3 of the four holes they go to. The only way I even knew they went to the foot mounts It’s they Were in the bag of hardware labeled foot mounts. They however did do a great job of labeling hardware and what the hardware was for.

4. In the end I’m satisfied with the install my door bars are little tighter then I’d like them to be but I think it’s just easier to get in and out going over top of them luckily I’m kinda small guy if I was much bigger I’d be struggling to do that.
Attached Images

2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote