Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #211
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1 View Post
I think they will soon after the green comes out make it available for the SS also. My thoughts are that if they get enough V6's sold they will then allow it on all so when you see a green one going down the road you won't know at a distance if its a V6 or SS. Just a crazy thought on my part. As we know GM does weird stuff sometimes. When I ordered my 2SS a couple weeks ago wanted the Aqua Blue so bad. Blues my favorate color on automobiles but I like a bright blue. And it was just right. But no they drop it. Some say to allow the green in. Why not have kept both? So I have an Inferno Orange with Orange/Black interior and black stripes which I think will look good also.
This post by Hopper in the Aqua Blue thread should explain to you that Synergy green is a limited time color only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
Yes, Summit White was always in the plan. When it came in, it was going to replace the low runner. That was, and still is, ABM. My point was that Summit White DID kill it by coming in, not Synergy Green, as has been rumored in many threads. The plant has been running 1 color over since Summit White came in as the plant can only produce a limited number of colors in volume. The relatively low volume of ABM allowed them to continue it along with SW for awhile. If Synergy Green didn't come in, ABM was still done. Had the discussion personally at Carlisle with Settlemire, Fitzpatrick and Pilcher. I work in Chevy marketing with all three of them on a daily basis. When Synergy Green is done, it will not be replaced with another volume color. We will do other colors, but they will be more special edition in nature. IOW, low volume.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #212
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
Well, I was going to order ANOTHER SS in green, but now that its only available with the V6... Nevermind.

GM Marketing hiring manager: I need somebody to market the new Camaro.
Close friend: I know a mentaly challenged guy that can walk...
GM Marketing hiring manager: Tell him he starts monday!

Seriously GM, what are you guys thinking???
Old 12-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #213
colorado pony

Drives: 1972 nova ss
old vs new... v6 vs v8

i was around when ther was 250ci straight sixs... 350ci and 395ci v8 camaros. no one ever got down on a 250 ci sixer,.... it was a camaro.. thoses little 250ci with a 3 speed ran just fine...at less than $2000 brand new they were a deal.... if you wanted to step up to a rs 350 or 396 ss you had come up with about $4200 dollars
today we face the same thing... 25k for a sixer..or 40k for a ss.

I still have my 1972 350 ss 4 speed vehicle.... it only 350 hp I still think that is a true muscle car.... also think that my 2006 supercharger v6 mustang is a muscle car...(336hp... 296tq at the rear wheel)...... thru out time there have been many diffent models within the camaro cars..... basic car... rs,ss z-28, 6 packs, twin 4 bbls... and of course colors.... why are you guys up in arms about one color? if you want green buy what you want on a on a ss white vehicle and paint it!!!! i think that FORD has a better deal going on by letting the buyer go thru the speed shop to add what the buyers want!!!! GM is missing the boat not letting us get muscle car options thru some type of GM speed shop program..... I AM WAITTING TO GET MY 2012 CONVERTIBLE.. I AM HOPING FOR A TWIN TURPO V6 that will match the new 2011 twin turpo mustang.....i am trading the v8 engine price for the convertible
o one more thing the new mustang v8 is a 5 liter engine with 400hp....lol watch out now you guys with those v8 camaro ...you might get burned by a mustang

Last edited by colorado pony; 12-07-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #214
btf331

Drives: new:2014 BLK 2SS/RS, NPP, Short Thr
Send a message via AIM to btf331 Send a message via Skype™ to btf331
how much is this going to be?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #215
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaman View Post
That's what got them into trouble in the first place. their flat-out focus on profit is wha tled them to start using cheap plasticky interiors, water based paints, same sheet metal for 5-6 years straight. GMs problem wasn't selling cars it KEEPING cars around that wouldn't sell.
First the paint issues were widespread beyond GM but beyond that the problems you are talking about were not caused by focusing on making money. What you describe is focusing on little crappy cost cutting measures that simply traded reduced product quality for reduced cost. It's a practice that can work for a short while until people realize they are buying a cheaper car, after this point it can still seem to work on paper for awhile longer but such cost cutting isn't what one does to make money, it's simply making and selling cheaper vehicles. You are right that people in business (in GM and many, many other companies) have often equated this simple-minded approach to cost cutting tradoffs with true improvements such as technology or reduced labor costs that cut costs without sacrificing product quality. Note that the best manufacturing technology isn't necessarily 'high tech', and similarly with labor it's not about what you pay per hour it's how much productivity you get per dollar spent on the employee and the equipment they use. I may be getting a bit far OT though so enough of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btf331 View Post
how much is this going to be?
This is a very interesting question IMO but it's hard to speculate very much until we have more solid info on what the interior will be like. I'll toss out my random guesses anyways though. If it's basic synergy green with plastic panels and some stitching I would speculate around $400, if they are going a bit more elaborate with the two tone interior and ambient lighting it could shoot up near $600. Much higher than that and this special edition 1LT w/Boston Audio + C&C starts to compete with the 2LT's. GM could go lower if they're really trying to use this to boost 1LT sales or they could go higher to milk the special edition buyers for extra $$, figuring they will gain a few higher profit sales while those looking for bargains will still buy the regular 1LT's instead.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:13 AM   #216
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
Wow, what's with all that early on hate and discontent?
Vin#30271
Old 12-11-2009, 10:25 AM   #217
MrRaZ28
@MrRaZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28 #80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
Wow, what's with all that early on hate and discontent?
Because it prevents those of us who wanted it on the 2SS, 1SS, 2LT with RS package from getting it without huge expense to have it done by a custom shop.

Last edited by MrRaZ28; 12-11-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #218
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaman View Post
That's what got them into trouble in the first place. their flat-out focus on profit is wha tled them to start using cheap plasticky interiors, water based paints, same sheet metal for 5-6 years straight.
The water based paints were not for cost cutting but in response to new enviromental laws. Many manufactureres use water based paints now including BMW (saw that on Ultimate factories)..

The waiting 5 years or longer for a style change was in response back in the late 60's and early 70's that American cars changed too often and needed to remain the same for longer. Many people saw it as a drawback and it was what made American cars more expensive than Japaneese and German cars. You may not be old enough to remember the days when American cars changed grills and bumpers and taillights every year and were completely redesigned every 2 to 3 years...
Old 12-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #219
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Lol, this whole thing with the Synergy Green car is hilarious...GM shows an SG car at the 2009 SEMA show...with 21" wheels, GFX, and the high wing spoiler...looked great...but now the high wing spoiler is cancelled and you can only get SG in a 1LT...LOL.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:41 AM   #220
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy2tehBone View Post
Because it prevents those of us who wanted it on the 2SS, 1SS, 2LT with RS package from getting it without huge expense to have it done by a custom shop.
Well, with that I totally agree. I understand what there thinking but I think it was a supremely stupid idea limiting the color to the V6. I have one and love it. But, I got my V6 for specific reasons. I think it should be available across the board.
Vin#30271
Old 12-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #221
DET MUSL
Let's Go Wings!

Drives: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC
You know why the Mustang is so great? The damn variety! Look at all the color combinations and interior combinations you can get with that car. Why the hell does GM do this?
GMPP Stage 2
K&N CAI
Vibrant Racing Muffler
Carbon Fiber Hood w/ SS style scoop
Black Wheels
Best 1/4 Mile Time
13.8 @ 101.4mph
Old 12-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #222
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by brothersperformance.com View Post
I took some pictures of the green Camaro at SEMA this year.

http://www.brettgarrettphotography.com/Sema2009/

I think you'd want to look at pictures 67 and 68 specifically. I color balanced the images to be as close to the actual color. The lighting inside the convention center is Sodium based, and it plays havoc with photography lighting:

(larger images are on the site if you follow the link above)

There are some fantastic pictures in your link. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DET MUSL View Post
You know why the Mustang is so great? The damn variety! Look at all the color combinations and interior combinations you can get with that car. Why the hell does GM do this?
It's going to be interesting to see what happens with this decision, but I do expect to see quite a few of them running around. And you can get a matching cell phone too

Last edited by CynAgain; 12-20-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #223
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
What assclown makes these decisions? Uncle Ed should fire them!
Old 12-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #224
CaMeRoN187

Drives: 2011 SW 1LT

not my cup of tea

Closed Thread