Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #1
Baseballkurt

Drives: 2012 Camaro convertible 2LT
2011 vs 2012 2LT

Are they about the same or was there significant MY changes that I need to know. Thanks
Baseballkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:07 AM   #2
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Welcome to the Convertible Forum.

There are some minor differences. 2012's came with a backup camera in the rear view mirror (small, IMO). Not sure if this was standard on all trim levels but I believe it was.

Since you're looking for a convertible, you might want to stay away from any early 2012 built 'verts because of the many top problems 2011's and early 2012's have experienced.

To be completely on the safe side, opt for a 2013. They came with a full-sized rear view camera and the overwhelming majority didn't have top problems.

DEFINITELY read this forum about the various top issues and study up on pricing - unless you know what you should be paying for a pre-owned 12 or 13 'vert.

You may want to consider a "GM Certified Pre-Owned" (CPO) vehicle unless you're a DIYer and don't car about a year's worth of BTB warranty.

Also, ALL LT's and SS's came stock with Pirelli P-Zero SUMMER-ONLY tires. Unless you're considering acquiring a 'vert as a nice-weather cruiser, that is something to be acutely aware of and you may want to check what type of tires are on your potential new ride. If you intend on having the 'vert be your DD, you don't want to be unpleasantly surprised when you learn you need to fork out a grand for a new set of all-season radials.

If you're purchasing from a GM dealer, you can have their service dept. print out build sheet for you as well as a service history. The history will show what type of service has been performed on that vehicle at any GM dealer - including recalls and weather they were performed.

Check to see if the vehicle comes with the spare tire or not as well as with the tonneau cover. The spare tire was optional on LT's and the tonneau cover came stock with the 2LT's and 2SS's. On 1LT's and 1SS's the tonneau had to be purchased as an add-on / accessory.

These may all seem like little things but they do add up in the long run.

Good luck in your search. Please keep us posted and visit the forum often and ask questions. Everyone here is very friendly and super helpful.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 01-09-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:31 PM   #3
Baseballkurt

Drives: 2012 Camaro convertible 2LT
Thanks for the wealth of info! I live in Michigan, we just got about 18 inches of snow so I know how good tires make a difference. It will be my DD, and I have read the posts about the Vert top issue. Any way the Vin number tells when the car was built?
Baseballkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #4
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
There is a sticker in the door jamb that will tell you when it was built.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote