Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 10-16-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Broken Moreno Motorsports camber plate (x-post)

Another user posted this in the 1LE sub but I know a lot of us without a 1LE have these. It appears that it might be that a bolt backed out rather than it just fatiguing and breaking. If nothing else just keep an eye on all of the fasteners. I know you can see the 2 inboard bolts from the top.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510624
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:41 PM   #2
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
The bolt backed out leaving no support for the bearing housing which caused the failure. The 6mm bolts are installed with green loctite, the same loctite they use to fasten 2 piece brake rotors together. I am betting my assembler missed this bolt, which is of course on us, so i apologize for the incident, and i have a replacement on the way to TEX1LE. It would be good practice to make sure the bolts are tight and do not come out easy before install. We are doing another check on all outgoing units to make sure this does not happen again
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:46 AM   #3
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Thanks for the update MM,

That's an example of Excellent Customer Service!!
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #4
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Just got a set of these in from Gen5diy... They included the new strut nuts, however upon disassembling them for inspection noticed one of those 6mm bolts was missing the green locktite...Just a FYI
The quality of the parts/fasteners and machining detail is impeccable, can't wait to install
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote