Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
Haloman1346
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I got my letter today!!! (Look Inside!)

December 22, 2008

Dear Mr. Williams:

I am sure it is no news to you when I say the auto industry is going thriugh some challenging times. While I feel certain we and the industry itself will perservere, it is impossible under today's circumstances to predict any reasonable timeline for sold orders. Your order will remain as it is now, on order, and you will be given the opportunity to purchase the auto when it arrives, however I can not in good conscience hold your deposit.

Sincerly,
Greg Clark
President

Stapled to the back of the letter was a check for $1,000.00, my deposit. I don't know what to think of this. If you don't believe me, I can see if I can scan the letter and somehow post it on the site.
What should I do? Believe me when I say this, I still want to stay with the dealer, but I am really confused. Makes me think if the dealership itself is folding. Hell look at this

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10878

I posted this on the 22nd, the day the letter was sent. I'm feaking out... Should I really be worried? Should I stick with this dealer? Should I blow my brains out because this car may never come out and I should just end all the suffering?
Haloman1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
This is interesting. Let's see what our Camaro5 dealer-team thinks of this.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Sounds like to me that your dealer is either closing it's doors here soon or isn't sure that it will remain open in time for your car to arrive. Either way I would start looking for another dealer as most likely you won't be getting your car from them.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:28 AM   #4
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
IMO, I would look for another dealer. He may be giving you a "Hint" that they are closing and doesn't want to keep your money due to previous relationships.

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I'd cash that check! He might be thinking about calling it quits and if that is so, I can understand his decision to give you your deposit back. I would think that any dealership that was financialy viable, would keep deposits. He has indicated that your order is being kept and you must have the sales contract so that should protect you if the dealership does get your car in. As others have said, you might want to look elsewhere.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #6
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloman1346 View Post
December 22, 2008

Dear Mr. Williams:

I am sure it is no news to you when I say the auto industry is going thriugh some challenging times. While I feel certain we and the industry itself will perservere, it is impossible under today's circumstances to predict any reasonable timeline for sold orders. Your order will remain as it is now, on order, and you will be given the opportunity to purchase the auto when it arrives, however I can not in good conscience hold your deposit.

Sincerly,
Greg Clark
President

Stapled to the back of the letter was a check for $1,000.00, my deposit. I don't know what to think of this. If you don't believe me, I can see if I can scan the letter and somehow post it on the site.
What should I do? Believe me when I say this, I still want to stay with the dealer, but I am really confused. Makes me think if the dealership itself is folding. Hell look at this

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10878

I posted this on the 22nd, the day the letter was sent. I'm feaking out... Should I really be worried? Should I stick with this dealer? Should I blow my brains out because this car may never come out and I should just end all the suffering?
That is kind of odd. Hope its just your dealer, no offense intended, I can't imagine it goes farther than that. I suppose this is what the financial crisis is going to look like as it starts to effect the real economy. God, this is going to be a looooonnnnnnggg winter.:(
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #7
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
I have to agree with everyone else here, btu at least hes doing the right thing and giving you your money back. I'm sure theres plenty of dealers that went out that didnt....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #8
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
If I randomly get my deposit sent back I'm going to be pissed. You need a better explanation.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:02 PM   #9
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
...Find another dealer...
Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #10
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
This looks like it could be one of two things to me:

1) Like everybody else said, the dealer is going under.

OR

2) Your dealer is playing you straight. He doesn't know for sure if the Camaro will be delayed or not, and is worried that it will be. As such, he is refunding your deposit. Bear in mind that he is NOT changing your spot in the availability list, or getting rid of your order.

Doesn't seem like there's too much risk in contacting another dealer about their availability, but it really sounds more to me that the dealer is just worried about GMs financial situation right now, not about HIS financial situation.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #11
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
A. Dealership is going under.
B. Dealership wants more than MSRP.

-Bobby
bobby35ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #12
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
He must be going under..and if thats the case I would shake his hand for being honest with you..alot of dealers would just go under and your 1000 with it. or yes he is getting better offers than MSRP...only time will tell. but I would cash it and find another dealer.
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #13
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Which dealership up in Orlando?

-Bobby
bobby35ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:36 PM   #14
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
I am from Orlando as well and curious to the dealership...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
B. Dealership wants more than MSRP.

-Bobby
With my past experience with Chevy dealerships in Orlando, I am leaning towards that as well....someone walking in with a boat load of money stating he would take the camaro at any price and they kicked you back a few notches...
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote