Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-25-2020, 07:52 PM   #1
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Nightowl RGB help

I recently got a new phone and can't control the lights with the new phone. the old phone still works great but it's a pain to carry around 2 phones whenever i need to switch the lights. The new phone seems to have all the same settings as the old one, and claims in the settings menu that the wifi is connected and stays connected, but once you open the nightowl app it says "WIFI NOT CONNECTED"

All the data was backed up from the old phone, so it still has my account info saved on the app. If anyone has any idea how to fix this or possibly reset the wifi/app to work again it would help a lot, or if anyone can recommend a different wifi controller that is compatible with my RGB kits.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:55 AM   #2
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Worry about this sort of thing all the time. Keep my old ipod and I never update it, music or nothing. Subscribed.

Good luck, OP
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:25 AM   #3
SR71

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Have the same problem with no fix. I just have to keep the extra phone in the car like a controller.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:42 PM   #4
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Possible its staying connected to the old phone and cant connect to the new one?
Old 04-04-2020, 12:10 PM   #5
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
try this on your new phone go to wifi. click on nightowl wifi link and select forget this network. after that power your phone off. now turn your phone back on hit wifi and select the nightowl network and see if you get connected.

this method worked for me for sure on some devices and getting them reconnected.
good luck this is worth a shot
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:35 AM   #6
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Hard2See View Post
try this on your new phone go to wifi. click on nightowl wifi link and select forget this network. after that power your phone off. now turn your phone back on hit wifi and select the nightowl network and see if you get connected.

this method worked for me for sure on some devices and getting them reconnected.
good luck this is worth a shot
hey appreciate the PM. I had already tried this

Apparently (thanks to sjmautoprod for this info) newer phones are simply not compatible with the old nightowl app/wifi. So my only viable options are to keep an old phone or ipod for controlling it, kind of a hassle but whatever. For reference my galaxy s8 works fine, s10 does not.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote