Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2021, 02:02 PM   #1
ChiTown23
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 4
Vortech V3 Supercharger

Hey all how's it going. So i'm looking for a part for my V3 Supercharger on a 2011 Camaro RS. I believe it's called a smooth idler pulley. There's two of them and one of them seized and shredded my serpentine belt so i'm looking for that part too. I called Vortech and they said they only make the headunit not all the other parts and told me to call OverKill motorsports but I guess that's just one dude in Canada and there's no phone number. So I'm wondering if anyone has any information and where I could acquire either of these parts. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
 
ChiTown23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:34 PM   #2
gtstorey

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 824
If no other way to find it, you should be able to measure the pulley and find it in a catalog to match.
For example the Gates idler pulleys are at the end of this catalog.

https://www.gates.com/content/dam/ga...12020_2016.pdf

Last edited by gtstorey; 04-27-2021 at 02:35 PM. Reason: spelling
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:20 PM   #3
ChiTown23
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
If no other way to find it, you should be able to measure the pulley and find it in a catalog to match.
For example the Gates idler pulleys are at the end of this catalog.

https://www.gates.com/content/dam/ga...12020_2016.pdf
Good advice, I'll do that. Dumb question, I'm still learning all this, do you just measure the smooth part around? Like the circumference of it?
ChiTown23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:44 PM   #4
gtstorey

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 824
You need the outer diameter to be close, although you can get by with a little difference in most cases. The width needs to be very close or exact judging from your picture. Inner diameter needs to be exact to match the mounting point of the existing pulley. And of course yours is flanged.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:18 PM   #5
Batmanntexas

 
Batmanntexas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sanford, NC
Posts: 1,210
Can you unbolt the damaged pulleys? If so, unbolt them and take them to your local Auto Parts store. They should be able to fix you up.
__________________
745RWHP/634RWTQ on 93 @ 10psi
806/676 on E85 @ 10psi

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:31 PM   #6
ChiTown23
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post
Can you unbolt the damaged pulleys? If so, unbolt them and take them to your local Auto Parts store. They should be able to fix you up.
Can't get the seized one out but I suppose I could unbolt the undamaged one, I believe it's the same exact size as the other one.
ChiTown23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:18 PM   #7
2012SIMRS
 
2012SIMRS's Avatar
 
Drives: SC 2012 V6
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 139
I may have the the outer pulley for you, I will check tonight. I know for sure I have a ton of the internal bearings if youd want as I bought them as extras to keep on hand incase this happened when I had this style setup. I had little luck finding the external ones from a 3rd party company, but I talked to ipf a while back and they told me the bearings they use since they have certain rpm and load ratings
__________________
Supercharged V6 - 11.756 @ 122.75MPH
2012SIMRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:17 AM   #8
ChiTown23
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012SIMRS View Post
I may have the the outer pulley for you, I will check tonight. I know for sure I have a ton of the internal bearings if youd want as I bought them as extras to keep on hand incase this happened when I had this style setup. I had little luck finding the external ones from a 3rd party company, but I talked to ipf a while back and they told me the bearings they use since they have certain rpm and load ratings
Sorry man I just saw this, that'd be awesome if you did, let me know i'd happily purchase it off ya.
ChiTown23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:44 PM   #9
Ventmaster


 
Ventmaster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,449
See (in particular) post #81 in this old thread. Lots of useful info throughout this post. I ordered the the standard size ceramic bearing mentioned and used it for some time before I sold this car (stupid is as stupid does!), without any issue. Also surprised alot of 5th Gen Camaro SS's and 5.0 Stangs while I kept it.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...eys+ipf&page=6
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 12:00 AM   #10
2012SIMRS
 
2012SIMRS's Avatar
 
Drives: SC 2012 V6
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown23 View Post
Sorry man I just saw this, that'd be awesome if you did, let me know i'd happily purchase it off ya.
I sent you a pm
__________________
Supercharged V6 - 11.756 @ 122.75MPH
2012SIMRS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.