Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Genob4c

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Gouging? Why? Zl1s are plentiful.

I guess I just don't get how any dealer is getting away with jacking up the prices over MSRP. I live in Podunk, KY, and the inventory search frm the Chevy website revealed 30 ZL1s in inventory within 150 miles of me. Both Autos and 6-speeds, and every color, White Orange, Black, Red and Gray.

I would think knowing they're plentiful and letting the dealer know, would make it hard for them to argue for ripping you off. Am I wrong here?

Thanks,

Geno
Genob4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
The Viz

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genob4c View Post
I guess I just don't get how any dealer is getting away with jacking up the prices over MSRP. I live in Podunk, KY, and the inventory search frm the Chevy website revealed 30 ZL1s in inventory within 150 miles of me. Both Autos and 6-speeds, and every color, White Orange, Black, Red and Gray.

I would think knowing they're plentiful and letting the dealer know, would make it hard for them to argue for ripping you off. Am I wrong here?

Thanks,

Geno

Alot of the cars that show up may still be sold. Not everyone ordered in as a sold order.

"God help the child who grows out of everything"
The Viz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
Genob4c

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
In other words, you're saying, just because it says it's in inventory, it could already be a sold order. I see what you mean. That still shows there are a lot of them being produced and shipped.

Thanks,

Geno
Genob4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
Bob Cosby

Drives: 2010 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genob4c View Post

Thanks,

Geno
Dealers will get as much money for a car as they can - that is what they are in business for....to make money. If they cannot sell a car for xxxx above MSRP, or at MSRP, or whatever, they will adjust the price accordingly.
Bob Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote