Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 06-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #29
White_Knuckle_Tight

Drives: 2001 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
My 94 only has 1 also. 3 speakers total.
Wait what? You guys actually have 1 speaker in the back? I'm so lost...I thought it was 2 in the door, and 2 by the rear seats, or that plus the 2 in the hatch..
White_Knuckle_Tight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #30
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Knuckle_Tight View Post
Wait what? You guys actually have 1 speaker in the back? I'm so lost...I thought it was 2 in the door, and 2 by the rear seats, or that plus the 2 in the hatch..
Nope, not for me. I have 2 door speakers and one in the hatch. I have the slots in the rear seats but they're empty! lol
I also forgot how hard it is for a 6' 3" guy to get in the back seats!

Last edited by Bulldogwinters; 06-17-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #31
White_Knuckle_Tight

Ya know Winters, you were talking about subs the other day, you would probably be happy with some good 6 1/2's in those rear seat spots. They of course wouldn't hit near as hard or deep as subs but it would be some extra bass.

I checked out the car some more yesterday, and have come to the sad realization that the stealth boxes are about the only place to put a sub without taking up room. I have another idea of rebuilding the bottoms of the backseats, but I have no idea how to redesign the look of the seats and keep it "Camaro-ish"
It would work just fine for shallow mounts, and you could still sit on them, but like I said, I'd have to basically redesign them, and I don't know if I could make it not look like an obvious speaker box.
I may just build my own version of the stealth box and sell them cheaper ^_^...if that's even legal, lol.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #32
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Quote:
Ya know Winters, you were talking about subs the other day, you would probably be happy with some good 6 1/2's in those rear seat spots. They of course wouldn't hit near as hard or deep as subs but it would be some extra bass.

I checked out the car some more yesterday, and have come to the sad realization that the stealth boxes are about the only place to put a sub without taking up room. I have another idea of rebuilding the bottoms of the backseats, but I have no idea how to redesign the look of the seats and keep it "Camaro-ish"
It would work just fine for shallow mounts, and you could still sit on them, but like I said, I'd have to basically redesign them, and I don't know if I could make it not look like an obvious speaker box.
I may just build my own version of the stealth box and sell them cheaper ^_^...if that's even legal, lol.
I was lookin at some speakers for the rear the other day actually, I was wanting rear speakers and one 10" sub in a stealth box in the back. I found a stealth box for $89 a kicker 10" sub for $51, and an amp that a company had paired with this sub. the amp itself about $108 all in all with free shipping its about $250 so.... hopefully I can get around to selling the ground effects package that's been chilling in my basement for almost a year and get the sound system I want.
If you build one of those stealth boxes... I would definitely be interested though, hopefully shipping wouldn't be too expensive.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #33
White_Knuckle_Tight

I assume those ground effects are for a 4th gen Camaro? what color are they and how much ya want?
Old 06-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #34
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Quote:
I assume those ground effects are for a 4th gen Camaro? what color are they and how much ya want?
Yeah they are, the front and rear are unpainted, and the side skirts I bought from lookin good in red and they are painted red. I was lookin to do maybe 700 plus shipping. they've been sitting around forever, I bought them for about 900 plus shipping, but if you're interested and that's too high make me an offer!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:04 PM   #35
White_Knuckle_Tight

Well I should go ahead and tell you now so you don't get your hopes up, but I have no money to spend on them right now, but I will eventually.
Are they OE, or is it an AM kit?
Old 06-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #36
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Quote:
Well I should go ahead and tell you now so you don't get your hopes up, but I have no money to spend on them right now, but I will eventually.
Are they OE, or is it an AM kit?
They're all aftermarket. the front is a wings west which was made to look OE, the rear is the RKsport one and i have no idea about the side skirts. If I dont end up selling them, would you be interested? what would be a general tiem frame that you would be able to come up with enough? lol
Old 06-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #37
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Quote:
No, I'm pretty sure it was a sound option. I've got an 01 and I don't have them
My '01 has them. 8 speakers in all. Do you have the Monsoon system?
Old 06-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #38
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyg1rl View Post
My '01 has them. 8 speakers in all. Do you have the Monsoon system?
WHuaaa...? Eight? What are they, hiding behind the sun visors .

My 02 has Monsoon and I have six factory speakers. Two in the back, two in the sails, and two in the doors.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #39
02 WS6 TA
Account Suspended

Drives: GM Stuff
There are 2 in the rear panels, seperate tweeters. The Monsoon Camaro had 8, the Monsoon 'bird had 10- 2 extra tweets in the doors.
02 WS6 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:38 PM   #40
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA View Post
There are 2 in the rear panels, seperate tweeters. The Monsoon Camaro had 8, the Monsoon 'bird had 10- 2 extra tweets in the doors.
What the fart? I stand corrected! I've never had the covers off the ones in the hatch area--I thought they were cheap 6x9's. Had to use my spare a couple of times, but I've never made it a point to look at those speakers.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #41
02 WS6 TA
Account Suspended

Drives: GM Stuff
I know right? wierd.
02 WS6 TA is offline   Reply With Quote