Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #15
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Congrats on your cam purchase. I think you'll like it. It's a little rowdy of a cam, but VERY popular with the Camaro5 community.

As for your intake, you should be fine sticking with what you have. The upgraded intakes offer minor hp/$ gain and with your plan of boosting later would be a waste of money, IMO. I have a friend who with his twin turbo LSX 427 was running a stock LS7 intake and 17 psi of boost and making between 1,100 and 1,200 rwhp through a turbo 400 trans. For what you're doing, you'll be more than fine.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 04:46 PM   #16
Teeth

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmn View Post
Stock intake is great for performance. I’m changing it for a different look- to be different. But their are plenty of 1000+ hp Camaros on the stock intake/TB.
Yeah, I'm glad to hear that the intake holds up, but looking different is good too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Congrats on your cam purchase. I think you'll like it. It's a little rowdy of a cam, but VERY popular with the Camaro5 community.

As for your intake, you should be fine sticking with what you have. The upgraded intakes offer minor hp/$ gain and with your plan of boosting later would be a waste of money, IMO. I have a friend who with his twin turbo LSX 427 was running a stock LS7 intake and 17 psi of boost and making between 1,100 and 1,200 rwhp through a turbo 400 trans. For what you're doing, you'll be more than fine.
Holy hell. I was only planning for 800 RWHP down the line, so that sounds great to me, thanks!
L99 to LS3 conversion, Vararam ram air intake, BTR Nightfury cam, Johnson lifters, LS7 injectors, Circle D 3200 stall converter, Kooks LT headers, Custom X-pipe
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:53 PM   #17
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
Holy hell. I was only planning for 800 RWHP down the line, so that sounds great to me, thanks!
He's on one of the fastest 1/4 mile lists here. 9.22 @155mph with a full interior. To look at his car you'd never know it had anything unless you knew what to look for. The only indication without the hood popped was the intercooler in the lower grill. When he had the hood up it still looked pretty stock except the intake pipe was one to make you wonder and if you knew that a Chevy orange LS block meant a LSX. He would even throw 315 35R20's on stock SS wheels so it would keep the stock look. When he fired it up his cam was custom to not lope and it just sounded like a loud exhaust. What a fun ride that was!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote