Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #29
PROZ11

Drives: 2012 RS/2SS, 69 ProStreet Camaro
I had the opposite scenario happen. Years ago my dad backed into my Tahoe Sport while I was visiting. Only he went down the side of it, did quite a bit of fender and door damage. For some reason that thing was magnet for other cars. It was hit 5 times in the 3 years I owned it, once by a ghost car with no driver. I really loved that truck but after the 5th, and most damaging hit, I got rid of it.

Last edited by PROZ11; 04-03-2018 at 11:33 AM.
PROZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:48 AM   #30
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Ouch. My advice for the OP is to ANNOUCE that your car is behind his car. I do this all the time if I park behind someone in the driveway. "Hey, I'm behind you! Don't hit it!" At least this makes the driver of the other car somewhat aware.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:18 AM   #31
Centauri

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Well, to get the bumper removed, stripped and repainted is like $1,200. To have it sanded and patched will $300. I have to take the lesser option even though it may be noticeable.

The car is my DD, and I have started to notice a few specks along the front from rocks and such, so I'll likely redo the thing 12-18 months down the road.

And for those wondering, my son is still alive. My goal is that if he drives for 80 more years, he always checks behind him before backing up. At least it was my car and not the neighbor's toddler.
Centauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #32
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Not sure how old he is or what his ability to help with the repair is, but I think he should have to help you get it repaired. Probably not make him pay for all of it but contribute, just so he feels what it is like to have an obligation and to be responsible.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:22 AM   #33
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
It happens. I jumped in my car once (not the Camaro) and was very distracted with a heated discussion with the passenger, and sure enough I slowly hit the car behind me in the driveway. I felt like an idiot. Now with my Camaro, because I care so much about putting a scratch on it, I am VERY aware of my surroundings when backing up.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:35 AM   #34
Grey2ss

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
I agree with helping on the repair costs. If he is young I had my daughter pay the difference when the insurance went up.

Luckily just a car and fixable.
Grey2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:35 PM   #35
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
It happens. I jumped in my car once (not the Camaro) and was very distracted with a heated discussion with the passenger, and sure enough I slowly hit the car behind me in the driveway. I felt like an idiot. Now with my Camaro, because I care so much about putting a scratch on it, I am VERY aware of my surroundings when backing up.
I backed into a light pole once because of a passenger, and I was heated, but it wasn't a discussion. It was what is now termed an 'attractive nuisance', if you know what I mean.

To the OP. It happens to everyone.