Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Wheels / Tires

Old 12-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #15
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I am going to get a shop to paint hood spears on my car when I get it. Do most paint places do rims too? If I tell them to use "Silver Vein" will they know what I'm talking about, or do you have a brand name for that Silver Vein powder coating? Thanks for your help. I love the look of those wheels on your car.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #16
novocaine

Drives: cgm 2ss m6
not sure

I am not sure what brand of powder they used, but if you tell your shop "silver vein" they should have some idea. If not call 509-542-9431. Ask for John, tell him you saw the wheels on Trevor's camaro and wondered what brand of powder it was. If you don't have a local shop, ship to him and he'll do em.

On a side note for some of you..... please don't insult me by making pathetic low-ball offers on here. I know you are looking for a deal, but I assure you I am not going to give away the tires/wheels. Go price out some new ones, then ask yourself if you want to pay over $1500 just for the stupid tires for this car. If you are serious, and have an offer that is close I'll consider it.

thanks!!

Trevor
novocaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #17
Darth_Emma

novocaine
Thanks for the information. I should have my car in about a month and I will be having this done sometime soon after I get it. I love what you have done with your wheels. Very classy.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #18
novocaine

still for sale

Still for sale. I have one guy interested in tires, another maybe in the wheels if he can forgive my oversight on his previous offer. I thought he wanted the tires/wheels and kind of snubbed his offer b/c I didn't see he just wanted the wheels. Sooooo, wheels and tires still up for grabs, but maybe not for long.

Trevor
509-948-0615
Old 01-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #19
gwbates3
Ruby & Blu Imp

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SSRS M6 & LLT RS A6
bump
Old 01-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #20
novocaine

thanks

thanks for the bump. I have had many people looking. I'll drop the price $200 to $1000 + shipping or local pickup. I'd like the room in my garage back...

thanks guys,

Trevor
Old 01-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #21
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Mercuryman86 is looking for some 20"s.

FYI
Old 01-10-2010, 09:26 PM   #22
6liter

Drives: BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by novocaine View Post
thanks for the bump. I have had many people looking. I'll drop the price $200 to $1000 + shipping or local pickup. I'd like the room in my garage back...

thanks guys,

Trevor
PM me for 32218
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd - Mods: Kenne Bell 2.8, Kooks, Wortec Bi-Modal Exhaust & Big Brake Kit (12piston front), MTI Shifter, BC Racing Coilovers, CCW Thunderbolt, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Carbon Fiber and satin wrap. Thanks to Hartely Automotive for helping with this build.
6liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #23
gwbates3
Ruby & Blu Imp

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SSRS M6 & LLT RS A6
Just curious - are you selling the stock sway bars and springs?
Old 01-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #24
Darth_Emma

novocaine, I want to have my wheels on my CGM done just like your powder coated ones. May I ask why you didn't have the original rims powder coated? Why did you buy another set? I'm not questioning your judgment. I just know very little about powder coating and I want that same look. Is it possible to have my Midnight Silver wheels that come on the car powder coated? (I don't want to buy another set if I don't have to). Thanks for any info.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #25
novocaine

here's what I did

I bought another set of Midnight silver Wheels and tires from a guy here on the forum. I had the tires dismounted, removed the sensors, then had them powder coated. I replaced the sensors, and had the tires re-mounted. Then I took the wheels and tires off my car, and installed the powder coated ones. A simple swap. The reasons I did this are:

Keep driving my car while the shop had the other wheels (they were busy and it was going to take a few days) and if I didn't like the look, I was just going to sell them on Ebay or whatever and keep my originals, or have them stripped and done in black chrome.

You don't need to order new wheels. Just put you car on blocks and stare at it for a few days while your wheels are being done.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #26
novocaine

sold

Also, I got a deposit on my wheels for sale, and when I get the rest next week they will be officially sold!!!!

Thanks Brian!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #27
Darth_Emma

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure that I can have the RS midnight silver wheels powder coated. I'll probably drop the car off with the shop and just pick it up when they're done. I'm fortunate enough to have a second car to drive when the Camaro is having beauty work done.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:44 PM   #28
novocaine

pics

be sure you post some pics so we can see the final product!!