Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-05-2016, 05:01 PM   #15
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael618 View Post
Do you mean the factory reset under vehicle settings? I couldn't find that under radio settings but either way I did that and it still doesn't show up, anyone know if the phone bluetooth module is the same module for the bluetooth music? I swear it has to be a bad, this is just crazy lol. I've followed the manual to the t and even tried every other way that I can think of, even through the steering wheel lol. Nothing ever shows up under available devices. GMusiconnect works perfect all the time, and it's not a method problem on how I'm doing either, have paired phones to different vehicles for years. Just trying to figure out what's broke, somethings gotta be broke lol.
Who is your cell phone provider????? Stop into one of their stores and tell them what's going on. Yea....make them pair it OR show you....you've been doing everything right and it's not you. Like I said....I programmed my s6Edge myself(shocking) 1st try....less than 2 minutes.

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:15 AM   #16
azrael618

Drives: 2012 camaro ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas girl View Post
Who is your cell phone provider????? Stop into one of their stores and tell them what's going on. Yea....make them pair it OR show you....you've been doing everything right and it's not you. Like I said....I programmed my s6Edge myself(shocking) 1st try....less than 2 minutes.
My cell phone provider is att. But my wife's phone is Verizon and I have a buddy from work with sprint. None can find it, pretty sure it's a hardware problem in the vehicle.
azrael618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:40 AM   #17
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I do not beleive the LS model has bluetooth streaming. My old 2010 2LT did though. You had to pair it twice; Once to hands free link, then again to BT audio.
I had to pair twice as well, then toggle between the two to change from bluetooth audio to call audio. Had to access the bluetooth music pairing from my phone's settings
Old 09-06-2016, 07:48 AM   #18
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
What audio devices does my car support?
All models come with the Auxiliary input. This allows you to plug in any music playing device that can connect to a pair of normal headphones. You’ll likely just need a male-male 1/8th inch stereo cable. If you have a 1LT with the C&C package, 2LT, or 2SS you have the PDIM module (explained next). And of course there is that slot you can stick a CD into.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50996
Old 09-06-2016, 09:38 AM   #19
azrael618

Drives: 2012 camaro ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhrex View Post
I had to pair twice as well, then toggle between the two to change from bluetooth audio to call audio. Had to access the bluetooth music pairing from my phone's settings
That's the problem is that I cannot pair to phone, I can pair to music but when I try and pair to the phone part of the car the device cannot be found to actually be able to pair
azrael618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:06 AM   #20
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
You might have a bad PDIM. When trying to pair the phone are you hitting the CONFIG button on the radio, then turn the Menu Select knob down to "Phone Settings" then push in the Menu Select button then it will say "Bluetooth", hit the Menu Select button again, then turn the knob to "Pair Device (Phone)" then hit the Menu Select button again, then the radio will start talking to you and give you a pair code, then go to your Bluetooth settings on your phone and initiate a search. Bluetooth not only needs to be turned on for your phone but it needs to be in discovery mode. Sometimes to force my phone into discovery mode I turn Bluetooth off and back on. It should then show a list of available devices on your phone, pick "Your Vehicle" then put in the 4 digit code from the radio and you should be good to go.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:47 AM   #21
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
@Soozie,

CD player only plays cds. Will not play data disks.
Bluetooth can be finicky and while the previous posters here have given good info on how to use phone and play music with the same device, I prefer the music playing through the PDIM (lightning/usb on smartphones). Reason being is that digital music (mp3, wma, aac) is already compressed to create smaller manageable file sizes. Bluetooth further compresses the file for easier wireless transfer, compromising the sound. As you stated in your post above, you mentioned adding a "monster sound system". If thats the case your going to want you music coming through as clear as possible and using the PDIM/USB port is your best bet. Leave the bluetooth to handle the phone and use the cord for clearer more natural sounding music.
2011 RJT 2SS/RS - Kooks 1-7/8 Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, MTI Short Throw Shifter, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Fasster Billet Fuel Rails & Custom Braided Vapor and Fuel Lines, CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catch Can, Nitto Invos, Hawk HPS, BMR Trailing Arms, 2x Zapco ST4x-SQ amps, ST850x-II Sub amp, Morel Tempo 6 componenets, Morel Maximo 6x9, Morel 124 Primo Sub, Zapco DSP8Z Processor... More to Come.
Imdyinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:23 PM   #22
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdyinhere View Post
@Soozie,

CD player only plays cds. Will not play data disks.
Then that is different from my 2011. The CD player will play MP3 data discs with no problem. It's great having eight hours of Music on one disc.

Last edited by tomlink; 09-17-2016 at 05:21 PM.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:10 AM   #23
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Not 100% on this, but you may be subject to the same thing as me. Early radios did not stream Bluetooth audio, you had to use an aux cable. With the introduction of MyLink Bluetooth streaming became common, but with the old style radio I don't think you can stream...sorry.
This is not exactly correct. Early radios, thru 2012 stream Bluetooth music if they have a PDIM attached to them. All "2 level"(2LT and 2SS) and 2012 ZL1's had PDIM's standard. Also, the "1 level" cars had them, if they had the Convenience and Connectivity package. Furthermore, PDIM's could be added to any 2010-12 by installing a PDIM kit and having a dealer reflash the head unit to activate the feature. All this changed in 2013 with the advent of My Link. All the My Link systems support Bluetooth streaming, but the 2013-15 non-My Link systems do not and it cannot be added.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, bluetooth, phone, wireless