Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
2010bomexguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro w 678 HP
PFADT Stage 5 Kit Installed With A FEW Pics!!!

Hello all. I have never really posted in this forum, but I have gathered alot of information from here. My camaro is a 2010 with 678 HP and 4,000 miles.

After researching all available kits, I bought the stage 5 suspension from PFADT and just got it installed. I have included what pics I have and will include many more once the car gets out the paint shop. (Unfortunately I still have not nailed down a paint job.)

I did drive the car for a short time today and I could definitely see a vast improvement in handling. It seemed alot more responsive and it seemed like it hooked alot better when I got on it.

There was some things I did not like about the install and the end result. First off, the instructions sucked (even for professionals). Each part of the kit had individual instructions and the entire set of instructions is meant for those with a stock car. They do not figure in headers, the supercharger, and several other things.

The other thing I did not count on is the vibration that the aluminum motor mounts and rear sub frame mounts cause. I can feel the shake in my steering wheel and even the gas pedal. It shakes quite a bit with the cam I have and the amount of power I have.

Anyways, The shop is installing new carbon fenders, a carbon hood, a carbon trunk, billet grilles, rims and tires, and a full body kit.

All this should be done in the next 2 weeks and I will post more pics then. I have a full set of pics from the install that pretty much show each step of the install. I will post them when I get access to them.
Attached Images

2010bomexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
Scruffage

Drives: 2011 2ss Rs LS3 manual in black
Holy cow, I wish I had your budget. Looking forward to see the rest of the build.
Scruffage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #3
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
From what I've read the shake from the motor mounts will go down considerably as they "settle" in.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:16 AM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Nice. Once you get a few miles on the car the vibration will get better.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:18 AM   #5
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
From what I've read the shake from the motor mounts will go down considerably as they "settle" in.
+1 on this. I have the Pfadt engine mounts and the first time I fired up the car after installing them they scared the piss out of me. After a couple of weeks of regular daily driving they settled down a lot. There is still a bit more vibration than stock and they will punish you if you lug the motor but nobody that gets in the car complains (mother, wife, sister)....

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
2010bomexguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro w 678 HP
Quote:
That is awesome to hear. I will be able to deal with it as long as it gets at least a little better.
2010bomexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #7
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Wow, I really love how the burnt orange bronze color contrasts with the black. Soon as I can get some funs, I'm going PFADT too.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Wow, I really love how the burnt orange bronze color contrasts with the black. Soon as I can get some funs, I'm going PFADT too.
Feel free to hit me up when you are ready.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #9
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Any updates on cabin noise/vibration from the solid subframe bushings and solid tie rods? Did you also do the sphericals up front?

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
Any updates on cabin noise/vibration from the solid subframe bushings and solid tie rods? Did you also do the sphericals up front?
The Pfadt tie rods definitely do add some NVH but the solid sub frame bushings don't add too much. I have no concerns recommending them even for daily drivers.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #11
pbm457

Drives: 2009 Dodge "Cuda", 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010bomexguy View Post
Hello all. I have never really posted in this forum, but I have gathered alot of information from here. My camaro is a 2010 with 678 HP and 4,000 miles.

After researching all available kits, I bought the stage 5 suspension from PFADT and just got it installed. I have included what pics I have and will include many more once the car gets out the paint shop. (Unfortunately I still have not nailed down a paint job.)

I did drive the car for a short time today and I could definitely see a vast improvement in handling. It seemed alot more responsive and it seemed like it hooked alot better when I got on it.

There was some things I did not like about the install and the end result. First off, the instructions sucked (even for professionals). Each part of the kit had individual instructions and the entire set of instructions is meant for those with a stock car. They do not figure in headers, the supercharger, and several other things.

The other thing I did not count on is the vibration that the aluminum motor mounts and rear sub frame mounts cause. I can feel the shake in my steering wheel and even the gas pedal. It shakes quite a bit with the cam I have and the amount of power I have.

Anyways, The shop is installing new carbon fenders, a carbon hood, a carbon trunk, billet grilles, rims and tires, and a full body kit.

All this should be done in the next 2 weeks and I will post more pics then. I have a full set of pics from the install that pretty much show each step of the install. I will post them when I get access to them.
I have the solid engine mounts as well, and yes they suck at certain RPM's. I have thought about removing them, but we might set the idle above the harsh spot and see if that works. You might want to have your tuner do that. Mine is bad at about 750-1000 RPM. I haven't noticed anything bad from the rear though. Check to make sure everything is good and tight. And yes the instructions plain SUCK! the product on the other hand is their saving grace.
pbm457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #12
pbm457

Drives: 2009 Dodge "Cuda", 2010 Camaro
Quote:
What's the magic mile mark? I have over 200 miles on mine and it hasn't diminished.
pbm457 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 camaro suspension, pfadt stage 5 suspension, pfadt suspension