Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #29
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrider View Post
Might have been easier to send your team to Oshawa to work on it or have Chevy just ship the parts

I ordered my 'mods'...Bow-tie blackouts, and dark gray hood spears to, as my wife said, "pull some color from the interior to the outside"

Starting small for me...Have a great weekend!
Funny. There are many people that would like to order the car just primered. I don't think we're ready for camaro kit cars

There's no hurry on the mods. Take your time and do only what you want. I like the hood spears. That will look good.

Come on Wednesday!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #30
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Got a call from 4RD H8R... the car won't be ready until late this week (hopefully). He said that the clear was very thin, and they sanded through it in spots. The good news is that they will be repainting most/all of the white, before clearing the whole car. Should give me good thickness, so hopefully I won't suffer from chips as easily.

I'm getting very anxious!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #31
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Got a call from 4RD H8R... the car won't be ready until late this week (hopefully). He said that the clear was very thin, and they sanded through it in spots. The good news is that they will be repainting most/all of the white, before clearing the whole car. Should give me good thickness, so hopefully I won't suffer from chips as easily.

I'm getting very anxious!!!

Bounced over for a look...can't wait to see it...
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:35 AM   #32
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Stopping in to check on your progress! Was nice getting to know you in the TPW thread. Can't wait to see this car when the paint is done! BTW =p passed your callaway in mileage last week ;-)
Old 04-22-2011, 05:28 AM   #33
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone★ColdNuts View Post
Stopping in to check on your progress! Was nice getting to know you in the TPW thread. Can't wait to see this car when the paint is done! BTW =p passed your callaway in mileage last week ;-)
I have a few more pics I'll post this morning, and should have lots by tonight. They're getting very close now. Just about ready to start reassembly.

Yeah, after a long road trip, my convertible is getting close to the callaway's mileage, and I haven't even had the convertible in my possession for almost 3 weeks!

Are you enjoying your ride?
Old 04-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #34
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

I have posted a few more pics in the first few thread messages. Lots of parts missing! I'm ready for some pics of it going back together. I've been able to stay away and let them work their magic. The shop is about 25 miles away, or I would be there every day.

Getting close now
Old 04-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #35
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Nice color choice! Was nice meeting u as well! You coming down for rd 2 in Ga October 8th? We'll be making the trip again. Can't wait.to see how the car looks then! Im hoping to hit the strip w it this time!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #36
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Nice color choice! Was nice meeting u as well! You coming down for rd 2 in Ga October 8th? We'll be making the trip again. Can't wait.to see how the car looks then! Im hoping to hit the strip w it this time!
I knew you would love the color! Not sure about Oct. 8th yet. That was a heck of a drive...but who knows. I hit the strip in my other camaro when it was at 500 miles. I wasn't ready with the convertible...only having it for 4 days.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #37
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

More paint pictures added to the first post. It looks matte/satin because it hasn't been cleared yet. The whole panels will be cleared once completely done. I thought a little about matte or satin, but I'm not quite sure yet how to take care of it.

I was promised more pics of the main body being painted. It is getting done as I write this.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #38
Lightrider

Quote:
More paint pictures added to the first post. It looks matte/satin because it hasn't been cleared yet. The whole panels will be cleared once completely done. I thought a little about matte or satin, but I'm not quite sure yet how to take care of it.

I was promised more pics of the main body being painted. It is getting done as I write this.

That is going to be one sweet ride when its done. Are you going to paint a red pinstrip along the car where the black/white come together? Thinking about what you did with the wheels...
Old 04-23-2011, 06:29 AM   #39
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrider View Post
That is going to be one sweet ride when its done. Are you going to paint a red pinstrip along the car where the black/white come together? Thinking about what you did with the wheels...
Yes, red pinstripe. The car will be mostly put back together, the pinstripe applied by a talented by-hand pinstriper, then two more coats of clear on top of everything. This should get done on Monday.

Bowties will be painted black to match the top (including chrome), and will also have a red pinstripe. Tail lights will be sprayed to darken them, and tail light bezels will be tinted as well to produce a black chrome. If the black chrome doesn't look great, then they will be painted satin/matte black. SS emblems will stay red, but the chrome will be painted black. Side Camaro emblems will not be going back on (at least for now). That should eliminate all of the chrome.

The black paint also has a red metallic flake in it. Can't see it until you look at it in the sun.

Thanks again 4RD H8R for staying late to make sure this gets done right!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #40
Lightrider

Quote:
The black paint also has a red metallic flake in it. Can't see it until you look at it in the sun.
On top of everything else you're doing, this is going to be absolutely KILLER!

I may have to come down to Suwanee to see it in the sun. My company has a Distribution Center there maybe I need to visit...

Make sure to get a good macro close-up of the black paint when complete.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #41
YOUNGnRECKLESS
Building the Beast

Drives: 2010 VR LS3
cant wait to see the end product
Old 04-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #42
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Bookmarked. This car sounds awesome.