Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #57
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Interesting that he said that. I had the same issue as you. I just drove the car around and all the monitors finally were set and I passed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #58
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
another question...would a fried circuit for the o2 sensors maybe cause the monitors to not set?

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #59
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Well, I heard from Arno at IPF this morning and he is checking my tune. He thinks the readiness test may have been turned off of my tune and never turned back on. He is going to update if this is the issue. I don't have headers so the exhaust issue doesn't apply. I have the stock cats and just a solo cat back system on my car.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #60
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

do you have any Ready monitors?

if you do...i highly doubt the test was turned off lol

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 12-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #61
Nutbutt

If I look at the live data from the OBD the O2S_cmp is set. If I run the check on the readiness tests it is clear ??? This is why he thinks maybe where the readiness stores data vs the live data is stored is turned off. We'll see !
Old 12-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #62
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

let me know

Old 12-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #63
The Crusher
still a kid at heart

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS with sunroof
WOW....i have the trifecta tune and it passed the first time....i will be needing a new inspection soon...i thought trifecta costumed tune the cars to your specific mods....mine was....my lower o2's were turned off i have mbrp cat backs and jba headers...hummm just wondering if it will pass 2nd time around...i cant be turning the tune back and forth to stock ...what a pain...my tuner guy is in Austin and im in dallas....and trifecta tuners in DALLAS???
did yours finally pass 2010?? love your color BTW..i wanted that
Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #64
hawkfe

Drives: 2014 Stingray 3LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crusher View Post
WOW....i have the trifecta tune and it passed the first time....i will be needing a new inspection soon...i thought trifecta costumed tune the cars to your specific mods....mine was....my lower o2's were turned off i have mbrp cat backs and jba headers...hummm just wondering if it will pass 2nd time around...i cant be turning the tune back and forth to stock ...what a pain...my tuner guy is in Austin and im in dallas....and trifecta tuners in DALLAS???
did yours finally pass 2010?? love your color BTW..i wanted that
I'm due for my 2nd go around if Feb, 1st time around no problems.
hawkfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #65
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

thanks crush...shes a rare one!

i havent gone back yet...im waiting to get the iOBD2 for my iPhone so i can tell when the monitors are ready and save me the hassle of driving back and forth to the dealer

Old 12-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #66
Nutbutt

In Massachusetts on your inspection after 1 year they only run a safety check they do not do the emissions check til the 2 year inspection. They do this to allow more than enough time for your readiness tests to complete. I had my car tested yesterday and it would pass emissions test, but if I were to go in to get the car tested today they would reject it because the readiness tests are not complete. I know that the tuning can mask these flag never letting them get set. I am having the tuners check mine to make sure they are not turned off.
I can pass the emissions test with the SC if I could just get these test to be completed. Hopefully I'll have an answer today.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #67
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I need a better reader!!
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #68
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
well i heard back from Vince finally....he said that if the exhaust has been modded and youre not passing emissions tests, then it'll need to be restored back to stock. This is regardless of whether the car is tuned or not.

so...with that said...it would appear im going to revert back to the stock program and see if i can pass that way...if it passes without the tune...but keeping my headers...then ive got evidence that proves Vince wrong...however...if the monitors still do not correct themselves....it looks like ill be going back to the stock manifolds as well..

question...if i remove the headers...will i need a re-tune or are those just for additions and not subtractions?
If I was to reset my tune back to stock, I would end up getting a check engine light with an o2 sensor code wouldnt I? That was the reason of me getting Trifecta was to get rid of the CEL after putting on my longtubes.....and I am still having a CEL but its for a P0300 and P0305 which is cylinder 5 misfire. I am going to replace the injector to see if this fixes the problem. Ive always had misfire codes, but assumed it was because of the rough cold start or maybe something in the tune. I would always clear the codes, but when I would go down to try and get the car inspected, I would still have monitors say NOT READY

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #69
Nutbutt

Just a thought, if they are able to mask out the codes why couldn't they just set the readiness test and be done with it. Failures would still be flagged but the readiness would alway be set.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #70
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

any answers to my fried o2 sensor circuit question?