Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
JoshJ81

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS Black
LT and all these cat back systems

Does the ARH or Kooks long tube headers match up to MBRP or other 3 inch cat back systems? I know ARH has a LT, 3inch, xpipe combo, but in the picture that ZZmotorsport gave us, the exit part that connects to the muffles flares inward as if to go back to a 2.5 inch diameter. Meaning it should hook up to my stock muffler inlet.

I'm looking to get MBRP's catback system, but I want to be able to add in LT headers as well, but not at the same time (money don't grow on trees ). My fear is that the position of the stock manifold's collection point is alot shorter than where the LT headers' are and they will need to be modified?
JoshJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
A.R. Headers

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Josh, I say to wait a bit and get an ARH system complete first. This will net the best performance results right from the get go. You can then add an axle back of your choice. Next week we'll be sound testing the Borla axle back with our system. This axle back will work with our 2-1/2" reduction at the end of the system. I'm expecting great things from this combo. I'll report what we found.

Nick
A.R. Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
JoshJ81

Is there a performance lose when you make a drop like that in the end of the exhaust pipe line?

Thanks for your reply. I'm getting antsy
Old 08-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
OSU Cowboy
The Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R. Headers View Post
Josh, I say to wait a bit and get an ARH system complete first. This will net the best performance results right from the get go. You can then add an axle back of your choice. Next week we'll be sound testing the Borla axle back with our system. This axle back will work with our 2-1/2" reduction at the end of the system. I'm expecting great things from this combo. I'll report what we found.

Nick

I've been waiting to hear this combo.
OSU Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R. Headers View Post

Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSU Cowboy View Post

I've been waiting to hear this combo.
Me too! I can't wait to hear it!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35488
Old 08-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #6
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
is axle back the camaro term for cat back?
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
khislop007
ZEUSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by okyankee View Post
is axle back the camaro term for cat back?
cat back

axle back
Old 08-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
JoshJ81

no, there is both. The axle back is when the exhaust part you are change starts near or just behind the rear axle area. The cat back starts near the cat backs near the front just behind the engine.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #9
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
which is better for performance? the axle back or the cat back?
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:03 AM   #10
khislop007
ZEUSS

Without headers the cat back will produce better HP #'s over the axle back because of the x-pipe. However if you choose ARH LT's with there x-pipe you can gain up to 50HP with a tune. Then adding an axle back to that you may get 6-8HP more.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24491
Old 08-08-2009, 03:51 AM   #11
Santos
Santos

Drives: 1SS Blk 6M ECS 1500
man i cant wait to hear it that will def be the system im trying to get if it sounds great
Old 08-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #12
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJ81 View Post
Does the ARH or Kooks long tube headers match up to MBRP or other 3 inch cat back systems? I know ARH has a LT, 3inch, xpipe combo, but in the picture that ZZmotorsport gave us, the exit part that connects to the muffles flares inward as if to go back to a 2.5 inch diameter. Meaning it should hook up to my stock muffler inlet.

I'm looking to get MBRP's catback system, but I want to be able to add in LT headers as well, but not at the same time (money don't grow on trees ). My fear is that the position of the stock manifold's collection point is alot shorter than where the LT headers' are and they will need to be modified?

Someone just recently made a post in another thread saying that his ARH headers wouldn't match up correctly with his Magna Flow catback. He's having issues with the catback not aligning properly because of this. He's having an exhaust shop do a custom pipe so he can run the ARH headers with his catack and have everything aligned correctly (exhaust tips, etc).
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #13
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJ81 View Post

Imo, catback systems are a waste of money if you plan on getting LT headers. Getting them to align will be a pain and they very well need to be modified. You will be better off waiting until you can afford the LT headers and buy it and an axleback exhaust as the same time.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote