Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-17-2020, 02:02 PM   #1
paulh012

Drives: Camaro SS
2013 automatic Cammed Camaro

Got my car cammed and tuned back in December and since then the car just doesn’t seem right to me. I’ve never been in a cammed Camaro before but I know from what I’ve seen online mines is different from everyone else. I have a stage 2 btr cam and the car will be very jumpy when I am stopped at a light and it will turn off every blue moon. I’m not sure if it’s the tune or if it’s supposed to be like that.
paulh012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Its gonna be a little lopey but shouldn't be so much that it stalls. If there's no other issue like a vacuum leak or mechanical issue it's likely in the tune.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:21 PM   #3
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
I have the same BTR stage 2 on stock converter and it definitely has some cam surge at stop lights where you just have to hold the brakes a little harder. Also with cammed cars, if you don't let it warm up fully from cold start, the car will stall. That is expected behavior. Make sure you let the car fully warm up to about 160 degrees coolant temp before driving, maybe 10 minutes of letting her sit idling.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:25 PM   #4
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
I haven't driven a cammed Camaro, but I had a cammed Mustang and I never had to let it warm up before I drove it (from what I remember).

Who did the tune?

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:27 PM   #5
paulh012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
I have the same BTR stage 2 on stock converter and it definitely has some cam surge at stop lights where you just have to hold the brakes a little harder. Also with cammed cars, if you don't let it warm up fully from cold start, the car will stall. That is expected behavior. Make sure you let the car fully warm up to about 160 degrees coolant temp before driving, maybe 10 minutes of letting her sit idling.
As far as performance did you notice a big difference? I don’t know if it’s just me but I feel like the performance is the same as it was before the cam. Because I got headers and full exhaust too.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:29 PM   #6
paulh012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
I haven't driven a cammed Camaro, but I had a cammed Mustang and I never had to let it warm up before I drove it (from what I remember).

Who did the tune?
The shop that put the cam in around my area had someone they knew do it but I honestly think I need to take it somewhere else because it took the person weeks to get it tuned just to stop turning off.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:33 PM   #7
LsxDoctor
15 Year LS1Tech Member

Drives: 2010 ss 391ci LS3
Do you have your tune file saved? Can you upload it so we can take a look and see if there is anything that doesn't look right

GJDM
LsxDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:35 PM   #8
paulh012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsxDoctor View Post
Do you have your tune file saved? Can you upload it so we can take a look and see if there is anything that doesn't look right
I don’t have any of that information, everything was done through the shop so I’ve never even got to see or meet the person who did the tune
Old 02-17-2020, 06:02 PM   #9
GAD

Drives: Silver 2014 Camaro 2SS
I’ve said the same about my car. Something just doesn’t feel 100% since the cam was done. I’ve had the guy rework the tune 3-4 times. Each time he says there was some small issue. But it doesn’t feel right. I’m having a different tune take a crack at it.
2014 Silver 2SS L99 with Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LT Headers, Kooks Cat-less 3” exhaust, TS Stage 3.2 VVT CAM, Circle D 3200 Stall, E85 Kit, FIC 850cc injectors and Elite Engineering Catch Can. Dynoed at 478rwhp.
GAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #10
paulh012

Yea ima do the same thing it’s a shop about a hour from me that I’ve heard some good things about so ima take it there and see what they say.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:35 PM   #11
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Ok guys, not sure if OP is an auto L99, BUT...if these are VVT cams, you need to have the right VVT settings for it to run right. I would talk to the TSP/BTR and ask them respectively for the VVT settings and make sure your tuners are running either those settings or something close.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:39 PM   #12
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I had a BTR stage 2 cam installed last year and I'm running a stock converter. Below 5mph it gets a little jumpy, but it isn't bad. If you don't feel a big jump in your power over the stock cam there is definitely something off on your tune.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:23 AM   #13
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Drives: '13 Mod Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh012 View Post
Got my car cammed and tuned back in December and since then the car just doesn’t seem right to me. I’ve never been in a cammed Camaro before but I know from what I’ve seen online mines is different from everyone else. I have a stage 2 btr cam and the car will be very jumpy when I am stopped at a light and it will turn off every blue moon. I’m not sure if it’s the tune or if it’s supposed to be like that.
yeah thats why uyou dont buy just a cam you have to buy headers and CAI and other stuff its such a rough idle cause all the other stuff doesnt add up
Old 02-18-2020, 06:09 PM   #14
paulh012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxren_Camaro'13 View Post
yeah thats why uyou dont buy just a cam you have to buy headers and CAI and other stuff its such a rough idle cause all the other stuff doesnt add up
I have all of that on my car. Headers, full exhaust, and CAI