Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
Meister

Drives: 2016 Corvette Stingray Z51
MyLink Died - Rose From the Dead

I had what I thought was a very strange problem with the MyLink system yesterday. After driving to work in the morning with all radio functions working as properly as they could I parked for the day at the office. Pretty hot day - low 90s - I start up the car for the drive home expecting to listen to my iPod again. Normal issue, instead of starting up where I left off from the iPod the system reverted to the last used FM station. This happens all the time so I opened the center console lid, unplugged the USB cord, waited a few seconds and plugged it back in. This is the usual procedure I go through to use the iPod after the car has been off. Well, the system didn't start indexing the iPod data like it normally does. It kept playing FM. I tried the USB cord routine again - nope. Figured I would just shut the car off and start the process over. When I restarted the engine - after opening the driver door to shut down reserve power - the MyLink screen was dark and no sound. Power button did nothing. Tried the engine off routine again and same thing - no MyLink - no tunes for my ride home. All the way home which was about a 40 minute drive I had no response from MyLink. I was not happy. Then, later that evening I decided to give it one more try and lo and behold it powered on like normal. WTH? I've read lots of threads on MyLink troubles but has anyone had anything like this happen to them? Very frustrating that this new problem seems to be intermittent. I didn't take the Camaro to work today so I am anxious to see what happens next time.
Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:12 AM   #2
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
I am having chronic problems with mine. They replaced my Mylink radio with a new one. The new one cut out completely 3 times the first day. The screen was completely black. It came back by itself. They since have put the original radio back in. I still have my original issues. It seems Mylink has a lot of bugs that need to be worked out.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Yep, I have had the same issue, and the car is only 5 days old.
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Same issue here. Talked to my service rep at the dealership and he showed me the email bulletin from Chevy. To paraphrase the email, the manufacturer knows about the issue but no software update to fix the issue is to be expected.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
Robdollar77

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
I tend to have the most problems if I start my Camaro with a device plugged in the USB port. It is more reliable for me if i dont plug any thing in the usb untill the mylink radio is fully booted up. However my iphone is jailbroken and I have Grooveshark, pandora, and from time to time the mylink radio does some strange things if I listen to any other music app on my phone other than just the music on iTunes. I typically just use Bluetooth for the most part .
Robdollar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:53 PM   #6
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
I just had this issue, anyone know a fix to get it back up? or do I just wait?
Old 04-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #7
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Never had these issues with MyLink and I've owned two 5th Gens....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mylink, radio locks up