Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 05:18 AM   #85
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I think the October date will bring more info then we'll expect. (maybe pricing AND allocation) but I DO NOT EXPECT ordering to change from January, UNLESS the production date gets changed.

JMO - don't quote me Road & Track!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #86
Camaro0911

Drives: 2002 Chevy Impala
Does anyone know exactly what day is the Second IDL Dealer Broadcast taking place on.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #87
MCMLXIX
1967 Chevelle Pro-Touring

Drives: 1967 Chevelle
Per Scotty's other post...

2nd IDL Scheduled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just posted:

Details:
2010 Chevrolet Camaro Walkaround and Ordering

Description:
During this broadcast the Camaro Product Manager will conduct a walkaround of the 2010 Camaro and the Marketing Manager will discuss Camaro target customers as well as provide detailed content and the latest ordering information.

Date: Oct 10 2008

WE ARE GETTING CLOSER!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #88
JAMIEB
Inventory Manager

Drives: 2004 2500HD SILVERADO
CAMARO INFORMATION

Distribution

Early Order Program
2010 Camaro Production Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Early Order Program

Chevrolet is pleased to announce that on Monday, October 13, 2008, GM GlobalConnect’s Order Workbench’s Quick Order system will be available to only accept bona fide sold customer orders for the 2010 Camaro Coupe. This program is being implemented to help satisfy a very strong demand that’s expected with the return of this high-profile sports car.

Starting Friday, October 10, 2008, your individual estimated Camaro production guide will be available on REMOVED Please keep your estimated production guide number in mind and on hand when submitting orders. Placement of an order does not guarantee production of said order, and exceeding a guide number will not generate additional production. Only bona fide sold customer orders with complete information (including customer’s name and full address) will be accepted by General Motors. Consumers making inquiries on the status of their orders will be instructed that the dealer has received an estimated production guide number, and will be directed back to their dealer for further information on their order. It is very important that you manage customer expectations consistent with your production guide numbers and consistent with the uncertainties in the production process.

The ability to submit bona fide sold customer orders well in front of the start production is a unique opportunity to strengthen relationships with existing customers, and establish a bond with new customers. Be sure to stay tuned to [REMOVED] throughout the program duration for any important updates.

2010 Camaro Production Guide

Below you will see your estimated Camaro production guide. It was developed based on two factors: (1) on your Chevrolet retail sales (both cars and trucks) over the twelve months ending August 2008; and (2) Mustang registrations for the twelve months ending June 2008 in your DMA. The guide covers anticipated Camaro Coupe production from the start of regular production (currently scheduled for mid-February 2009) through approximately Q3 2009. Questions regarding your estimated production guide number should be directed to your District Sales Manager. As always with a vehicle launch, these guide figures are not an assurance as to future production, but are issued to you only for planning purposes. Given the vagaries of scheduling production, and the possibility of subsequently developing constraints or other business factors, we cannot make any firm commitments at this early stage.

REMOVED

Questions regarding Estimated Production Number should be directed to your District Sales Manager.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is GM allowing for the submission of sold customer orders so far in advance of production?

Since the unveiling of the Camaro concept coupe in 2006, the anticipation for the production version has been unprecedented. Over 600,000 people have raised their hand requesting information on Camaro. There have been many rumors of customers submitting their names to various dealers to be placed on waiting lists for the car. With the premiere of Camaro in the new NBC series “My Own Worst Enemy”, and the fact that production is scheduled to start in a little over four months, the timing to start taking sold customer orders seemed ideal.

Will the production guide numbers supersede future estimated shipments and/or consensus activities?

No. The production guide numbers were created to provide dealers with a preview of their expected allocation for production from mid-February through Q3 2009. These guide numbers are not guaranteed and provided only for guidance. Monthly consensus activities, which include calculating an estimated shipment number, are expected to start either in December 2008 or January 2009. Reasonable measures will be undertaken to fulfill individual production guide numbers during the mid-February through Q3 2009 production period; however, potential unforeseen disruptions in production or changed business conditions could prevent GM from actually producing these quantities.

Is there a special method for submitting sold orders?

Sold orders can be submitted using the “Quick Order” feature under the Order Workbench’s Order Vehicles selection. This feature is a quick and easy method for submitting orders. To access the Camaro ordering information, Dealers need to select the “2010” model year and a “sold” order type (SRE for direct contact and SDC for RCC dealers). All sold orders will require customer’s full name and address information. If Dealers have any issues in submitting orders, please contact the Dealer Business Center.

Why are only “sold” and not “stock” orders being accepted?

Dealers will have the opportunity to submit stock orders during the normal consensus and order submission periods late this year or early next year. This is an opportunity to legitimize customers’ demand for Camaro, and provide acknowledgement of that demand with an actual GM-issued order number. Again, however, please insure that you counsel with your customers appropriately about the uncertainties in whether and on what timetable vehicles will actually be produced.

Why are customers’ full name and address information required on the sold order?

This sold order submission activity provides an opportunity to build a special bond with these customers. Having customers’ name and address information permits the customer, Dealer and GM to easily track individual orders. If price protection is offered in the future, having accurate, matching customer information on both the order and delivery record is a requirement for price protection payment. Please make every effort to submit accurate customer information when submitting the ordering information.

If sold orders are not submitted during this early ordering period, is there a risk the production guide will be lost?

No. The production guide is not dependent upon the number of sold orders submitted. In fact, dealers can opt not to submit any customers’ orders during this period, and submit stock orders during the traditional order submission periods. As mentioned earlier, the goal of the production guide was to provide a preview of expected estimated shipments for the initial production period in an effort to manage your business and customers’ expectations accordingly.

If bona fide sold customer orders are submitted in excess of the production guide number, will additional shipments be provided to cover these orders?

No. The goal of the production guide was to provide a preview of expected estimated shipments. The option of submitting orders in excess of the assigned production guide number is solely that of the dealer. Future allocation will be based on a fair and equitable equation, not on the number of sold orders submitted to GM.

Will GM automatically place our bona fide sold customer orders into production? And is the first order submitted the first order produced for our dealership?

GM cannot guarantee production of any order at this early stage. Dealers are responsible for the flow, or prioritization of sold orders or stock orders during order submission periods. Actual production will be impacted by available weekly allocation, material constraints, and priority numbers assigned by the Dealer. It is strongly suggested Dealers assign a varied priority number for each order on hand, starting with the lowest number on the order the dealer would like to be the first submitted into production.

You mentioned constraints; are any expected on the Camaro?

GM is doing what is reasonably possible to avoid constraints, but some issues are emerging. See the answer to the next couple of questions. One of several reasons constraints occur is an imbalance between forecasted supply and actual demand. A survey was recently conducted with 10,000 early intenders to help identify areas where demand may exceed our initial forecast. The results of this survey are helping adjust material schedules. Furthermore, the ability to accept bona fide customer orders provides GM a real-time view of initial demand. This view will provide a further opportunity to avoid constraints.

So, are you guaranteeing there will be no constraints?

No. The fact of the matter is, it is difficult to identify future material shortage until orders are on hand. Some issues have already surfaced due to various regulations. On LS and LT models, for example, an available option is a compact spare tire (the standard condition on all Camaro models is a tire inflator kit). Due to a number of factors, this option is constrained to 30% of LS and LT production (and not available on SS models due to different suspension requirements). If additional option constraints develop, notification will be provided through normal channels.

What about model constraints – is the SS model expected to be constrained?

All SS models come equipped with 6.2L V8 engine. All LS and LT models are equipped with the highly efficient, powerful 3.6L V6 engine. The results of our early intender survey indicate the majority of the demand will be for the 3.6L V6, however, the plant is preparing for a 50/50 production split between V8 and V6 engines.

Why do you think there will be a higher demand for the V6 engine models?

There are a number of reasons, including affordability, fuel efficiency and power. The 3.6L V6 engine features Variable Value Timing and Direct Injection that reduces carbon output and delivers a GM-estimated 27 mpg highway and 300 horsepower rating. While EPA estimates are not yet available, Challenger and Mustang’s V6 engines do not come close to offering this combination of power and fuel efficiency, and foreign sport coupes like Nissan 350Z and BMW 335I are much more expensive.

How will customers know they can submit an order?

As mentioned earlier, over 600,000 individuals have raised their hand and requested information on the Camaro. Plans are in place to send all these individuals an e-mail on Monday, October 13, 2008, announcing the early ordering activity. The date has been leaked to a number of enthusiast Web sites which have generated a great deal of “buzz” in the enthusiast community. Chevy.com/Camaro Web site will also be updated with information regarding the early ordering activity, including an update with packaging information to the downloadable specification sheet, and a list of Frequently Asked Questions (which follow this answer). All of these plans should lead to very viral spreading of the word to interested customers.

Customer Frequently Asked Questions (posted on Chevy.com/camaro)

How much will the 2010 Camaro cost?

Delivering great value to our customers has been one of the hallmarks of Chevrolet and previous Camaro generations. The 2010 Camaro was developed with this legacy in mind – to deliver great value against its core competitors in the areas of style, technology, fuel efficiency and performance. The actual Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price for 2010 Camaro will be announced closer to start of production.

Once pricing is announced, can I change the order?

Orders can be changed, but only by your Dealer, and up until the time the order is placed into the production cycle. Once the order is placed into the production cycle, no changes can be made to the order.

If I place an order for a Camaro with a Dealer, is it guaranteed to be produced and delivered by the summer of 2009?

Order submission assists GM and Chevrolet in understanding market demand. Each Chevrolet Dealer has been provided an estimated production guide number based on an estimated production horizon. The guide number comprehends individual dealer’s retail sales and competitor’s market trends, and was calculated based on expected production through Q3 2009. However, General Motors does not guarantee order production due to many factors, including unexpected production disruptions. Chevrolet Dealers are also responsible for controlling and prioritizing their customer’s order flow versus their individual production guide numbers, in some cases, customer demand may exceed production capacity. For this reason Chevrolet will not guarantee individual customer’s order’s production or timing.

I want to make sure my Camaro order gets produced as soon as possible: How can I find each dealer’s production guide number?

Sorry, each dealer’s production guide number is considered confidential and not available to the public.

Which Chevrolet Dealer should I order my Camaro from?

Chevrolet has great respect for every authorized dealer, and does not recommend one dealer over another. To see a list of your closest Chevrolet dealers, please visit the home page of Chevy.com, and enter your Zip code in the dealer locator section.

Am I obligated to take delivery through the Dealer I ordered the vehicle?

As indicated in an earlier answer, Dealers are submitting customer orders against an estimated production guide. Unless extenuating circumstances are present, orders cannot be transferred from one Dealer to another.

How do I know my order was submitted to Chevrolet?

Upon entering the order information into the GM ordering system, each dealer is provided a six-digit alpha numeric order number for customer and Dealer reference.

The Dealer requested my name and address for the order; is this a requirement?

Yes, for a Dealer to submit a bona-fide customer order, the customer’s full name and address is required. You will also want to ensure your correct name and address is on the order in the event GM and/or the Dealer needs to contact you in the future.

How can I track my order?

As mentioned above, your order is assigned a six-digit alpha-numeric order number which is necessary to track an order. The best method to track the order is to stay in touch with your ordering Dealer; however, you can also track the order by contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 800-222-1020.

Why can I not submit an order for my Camaro directly to Chevrolet?

The partnership between Chevrolet and the vast nationwide network of Chevrolet Dealers is very important, and was established to best serve our customers. With this in mind, only Chevrolet dealers are authorized to submit orders to General Motors.

Will I have to put a deposit down to order my Camaro? And how much?

As part of normal business practices, some dealers require customers to put down a monetary amount to submit an order. A deposit requirement, as well as final transaction price, is negotiated between you – the customer – and the dealer.

When can I submit an order for a Camaro convertible?

The Camaro convertible is scheduled to start production in the summer of 2010 as 2011 model. Convertible ordering information will be provided at a later date.

Will I be able to take delivery of my Camaro at the plant?

Camaro will be produced at the award-winning Oshawa assembly plant in Ontario, Canada. U.S. and Canadian customs and legal requirements prevent us from offering delivery of your Camaro at the Oshawa assembly plant.

Where can I find information regarding models, options and packages?

Chevrolet has prepared a downloadable PDF file that provides basic ordering information. Each Chevrolet Dealer has been provided full order guides and workbooks to help you chose the Camaro that is perfect for you.

Is there a full-line Camaro catalog available to review?

Our catalog is under development and will be available early in 2009.

In reviewing the Camaro model lineup, I noticed there is no Z28 model; are there plans for Z28 model?

The “Z28” moniker has an honored place in Camaro’s history; but at this time, Chevrolet will not have a Z28 model available in the first production year. Chevrolet continues to review market opportunities and does not comment on future product plans.

Last edited by JAMIEB; 10-11-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: PRIVATE DLR WEB SITE
Old 10-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #89
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
What does "bona fide sold" mean? Deposit? Pre-approved credit?
Old 10-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #90
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
the ppl who know they are going to buy one.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #91
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
By the time we get to NAIAS show, we'll have saleable pilots -- and yes, there will be a Camaro at NAIAS to sit in.
NAIAS Detroit 2009
Saturday, January 17 - Sunday, January 25, 2009.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #92
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
delete

Last edited by Zabo; 11-09-2008 at 11:16 PM. Reason: double-post
Old 11-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #93
gac458

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
I see where people are posting the cost of a new Camaro for msrp or less from delaers in their area when they arrive at dealers. I have a brother that works for Chevy and he is being told that all new Camaro's will be MSRP + dealer added value. He is telling me no dealer will offer their allotment below msrp for at least 18 months. Meaning a dealer can add whatever mark up to the cars they can get depending on demand. I think anyone that believes they will get their new Camaro for below MSRP anytime in the near future is kidding themselves!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #94
MEY

Drives: 2004 Avalanche Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by gac458 View Post
I see where people are posting the cost of a new Camaro for msrp or less from delaers in their area when they arrive at dealers. I have a brother that works for Chevy and he is being told that all new Camaro's will be MSRP + dealer added value. He is telling me no dealer will offer their allotment below msrp for at least 18 months. Meaning a dealer can add whatever mark up to the cars they can get depending on demand. I think anyone that believes they will get their new Camaro for below MSRP anytime in the near future is kidding themselves!
My dealer continues to say they will, so I guess if they back out of it when my car comes in they will have 1 they can mark up as high as they want to because I will be taking my deposit back and waiting. I have bought 4 vehicles from them already but if this happens I won't buy another one. This dealer got an allotment of 80 to order, so I can see them selling them for MSRP and making plenty of money. I don't think they want to end up with 80 cars to sell at a premium.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #95
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by gac458 View Post
He hasn't heard of me, has he. That goes for my buddy at Classic Chevy in Texas as well
Old 11-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #96
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
He hasn't heard of me, has he. That goes for my buddy at Classic Chevy in Texas as well
Hey Scotty, You been hiding since ordering began?
Old 11-11-2008, 08:15 AM   #97
gac458

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
SO, when someone orders their Camaro from CamaroScotty you give them their purchase price on their vehicle they have ordered that day?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #98
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Tahoe Z71, 2009 Silverado
2010 Chevy Camaro Ordering, Production and Accessories Update Distance Learning Broadcast

DATE: January 9, 2009

TIMES: 12:00 (EST) and 3:00 (EST)

COURSE: B10CM.010D3

Mark January 9th on your calendar! Don’t miss the third IDL broadcast on the new 2010 Camaro. We will talk about this 21st century sports car as we provide customer information, introduce the Camaro Key Messages, discuss the models and standard equipment as well as the available accessories. Join the Marketing Team as they provide their ordering insights and answer your questions.

Broadcasts are scheduled for 12:00 noon and 3:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time). Use the information provided to learn about the model differences and to help you order the right vehicles for your showroom.

Date: Friday, January 9, 2009
Times: 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Channel: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Schedule of ORIGINAL DATES for upcoming events:

July 21, 2008
Public reveal

July 22, 2008
First IDL Dealer Broadcast

September 2008
Second IDL Dealer Broadcast

November 3 – 7, 2008
SEMA, Las Vegas, NV LOTS OF ACCESSORIES TO BE ANNOUNCED HERE!

December 2008
Third IDL Dealer Broadcast / Ordering & pricing

January 2009
First round of Dealer orders

February 16th, 2009
Start of Coupe Production

First Quarter 2009
Start of Sale

FEEL THE LOVE PEOPLE, FEEL THE CAMARO LOVE! :patriot:

NEW DATES as of 8/18:

October 2008
Second IDL Broadcast