Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 10-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #7673
2L82RUN

Drives: ABM SS/RS
Third of four

2L82RUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #7674
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Love the videos! Thanks, JD!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #7675
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Animal Sciences? Anyone? Anyone? Dairy Science? Anyone?

:(

I think you're the lone ranger on that one! However, I really wanted to be a vet when I was little. I love animals and grew up on a horse farm. We had all kinds of animals!

I know I'd have a hard time putting an animal down though-- so that's why I never went to vet school.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:52 AM   #7676
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
MEs: Theres enough of you on here I'm hoping someone may be able to help! What do you use to draw gears? what about simulating gears?

I am trying to draw some gear trains for a patent application, and haven't had any luck with anything I've been using. I picked up some gear simulation software, but it wouldn't let me do some of the things I'm trying to do (such as create a gear with both internal and external teeth)

Eventually I'd also like to simulate my gear trains for optimizations sake, and to calculate the specs for the parts prior to putting in an MO.

I used Catia when I was in college, but that is unreal how pricey it is. I think I'm going to probably end up having to buy SolidWorks, but its kind of pricey too (although a lot cheaper than Catia, it gets a lot more expensive, especially when I pick up the simulation add-on, but we don't need to use the stress analysis features yet, so would be willing to use a less-impressive software package) AutoCad Inventor may also do it, but I haven't been able to figure that out for sure yet.

Any insight? What would you recommend?
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:48 AM   #7677
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo View Post
MEs: Theres enough of you on here I'm hoping someone may be able to help! What do you use to draw gears? what about simulating gears?

I am trying to draw some gear trains for a patent application, and haven't had any luck with anything I've been using. I picked up some gear simulation software, but it wouldn't let me do some of the things I'm trying to do (such as create a gear with both internal and external teeth)

Eventually I'd also like to simulate my gear trains for optimizations sake, and to calculate the specs for the parts prior to putting in an MO.

I used Catia when I was in college, but that is unreal how pricey it is. I think I'm going to probably end up having to buy SolidWorks, but its kind of pricey too (although a lot cheaper than Catia, it gets a lot more expensive, especially when I pick up the simulation add-on, but we don't need to use the stress analysis features yet, so would be willing to use a less-impressive software package) AutoCad Inventor may also do it, but I haven't been able to figure that out for sure yet.

Any insight? What would you recommend?
We have solid works and AutoCad Inventor at work. I don't do much design, but I can ask around today with some of the guys who do. Especially our driveline group, they may know.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:44 AM   #7678
2L82RUN

Second of four

Old 10-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #7679
2L82RUN

One of four. Hope everyone enjoys them!

Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #7680
BVaughan77
American Muscle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
PE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
No clue brooks was an engineer... cool. You guys prob don't bother with the PE huh? It's really important for civils but most others it doesn't amount to anything to even make it worth the time.
I was too busy during my last two years of college to take the FE, so I am taking that in a few months and I will have my PE in about 2 years from now. I do HVAC and Plumbing consulting engineering at a architectural/engineering firm in Columbus.

Mods: Cold Air Inductions, MTI, Kooks, Borla, Ported and polished TB, Custom Dyno Tune, NGK, Hypertech, PFADT, BMR, DSS, JRE, Hurst, SLP, black out bowties.

GM sure did their homework on the new camaro! I just wish it had better visibility...

"HP sells cars, Torque wins races." -Shelby

"There is no replacement for displacement."
BVaughan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #7681
BVaughan77
American Muscle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Hero/Go pro camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L82RUN View Post
Still working on getting all the videos edited/uploaded. Have the last segment done... 3 more to go!! Hope you enjoy them.
NOTE: Be sure to check out 15:30 into video where Drew soils himself!!

Awesome video! I was wondering who that was who did the huge burnout at that stop sign. Drew left some nice black strips on the road. Man he barely stayed on the road there at the end of his burnout! That was sweet! Awesome video!

Mods: Cold Air Inductions, MTI, Kooks, Borla, Ported and polished TB, Custom Dyno Tune, NGK, Hypertech, PFADT, BMR, DSS, JRE, Hurst, SLP, black out bowties.

GM sure did their homework on the new camaro! I just wish it had better visibility...

"HP sells cars, Torque wins races." -Shelby

"There is no replacement for displacement."
BVaughan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #7682
rexkwando17

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS, 97 Saturn
Those videos are amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash84 View Post
The 'Stan sucks big time. I'm can't wait to leave. I'm looking at a couple goodies to have installed before I return. I'm thinking about a cam, and I have a custom system being installed in Dec. I think I'm going to powdercoat the 22's black. Can't wait to go on our road trip. I'll PM you my email address and we can start planning a nice road trip.
I will second that, but after my trip last year, that's how I was able to get my SS. I would almost try to go back to get money for parts, but it is such a @#$hole I'm not really jumping at going back, that and when I left we were taking rockets every day.

Last edited by rexkwando17; 10-25-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: add more to comment
rexkwando17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #7683
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmat View Post
We have solid works and AutoCad Inventor at work. I don't do much design, but I can ask around today with some of the guys who do. Especially our driveline group, they may know.
That would be fantastic!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Old 10-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #7684
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L82RUN View Post
One of four. Hope everyone enjoys them!

These are great!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #7685
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Got my 2012 ZL1 Allocation

My parents are trying to talk me out of putting the money down... They have a good point.

I have just a few hours to decide...

If this thing ends up being like 62k I'm talking to a bankruptcy lawyer.. 54k I'm going to be eating Ramen, 48k I'm permagrin. Blah.... My parents think I should just sell my car for like 25k and drive my truck... haha...

I feel like I'm in highschool again, talking about my parents affecting my purchase decision. How old am I? haha!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #7686
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
You took one... Cool

Sucks you don't know when they are for.... Look at it this way, you should have it by August. I couldnt put that much down and wait that long....
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?