Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #15
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Ozzie, that is extremely extremely gracious of you and I cannot even begin to tell you how grateful I am that you would offer that to me. But I should add the disclaimer that I'm over here as a civilian contractor, and not active duty military. I do work very closely with the military though, and I was active duty Navy from 98-08. I really appreciate the offer though. My deductible is $500 so It's doable. I'm pretty sure I can arrange to have it repaired before I get home.
Well you served and you are still going into harms way so let me know. The offer still stands. I served in the Navy 1975-1979. We are brothers.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #16
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Sorry about you misfortune. A new bumper cover pretty much will bring it back to mint condition.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:13 AM   #17
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
For sure, my dad is definitely not used to driving lowered cars like that. It wouldn't surprise me if they did it when they first loaded it up and just didn't notice it.
Looking at the damage, I'd say they were driving backwards...
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:33 AM   #18
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
Looking at the damage, I'd say they were driving backwards...
This.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #19
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
yup, caught it backing off the trailer. oops.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:23 AM   #20
TreasureCoastCamaro
CRUISN1

Drives: 2010 LT/RS
I know how it happened... you use a u-haul trailer I bet! If you don't use two wooden boards 2each.. 2"x1ft long under the front tires to lift the front end up to clear the bottom, the car will balance (no matter how you tighten the strips) causing the front botton to get destroyed. The front tires needed to clear 4 inches, because the car sits to low to the front of the trailer top rail. There's many threads about how the load a Gen5 Camaro on a U-Haul trailing in Camaro5. Dam shame, you could have prevented this. I have USAA too, expect a rate increase from them next year if you file a claim.

2010 Camaro 1LT/RS, 6 Speed, RX Catch Can w/ Breather, CAI, DRL Harness, V-LEDS, 4 Gauge Cluster, Painted Calipers, RS Emroidered Headrest. Build #05410
TreasureCoastCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #21
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasureCoastCamaro View Post
I know how it happened... you use a u-haul trailer I bet! If you don't use two wooden boards 2each.. 2"x1ft long under the front tires to lift the front end up to clear the bottom, the car will balance (no matter how you tighten the strips) causing the front botton to get destroyed. The front tires needed to clear 4 inches, because the car sits to low to the front of the trailer top rail. There's many threads about how the load a Gen5 Camaro on a U-Haul trailing in Camaro5. Dam shame, you could have prevented this. I have USAA too, expect a rate increase from them next year if you file a claim.
+100 This!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #22
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie RS View Post
Since you are serving our country I am willing to donate $20 towards the repair of your car so you don't have to do an insurance claim. I urge others to do the same. It can't cost more than a few hundred bucks, which is probably less than your deductible. Send me an PM where to send the $20. PayPal if you have an account. Folks $1 donation will add up quickly to help out a fellow service hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Great idea. I'm in.
I'm in as well. Send me a PM OP and I'm happy to help. Your line of work is something I'm considering myself when I get out of college.

Quote:

Hauled a few old cars on those trailers and I saw that a lowered car would definitely have issues.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #23
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
BAZINGA! Yep, we did use the flat bed uhaul trailer. Damn, wish I'd known about this. I should have done a search before getting this all set up. It was such short notice though, I didn't have a whole lot of time to do research on that. And truth be told, it didn't even occur to me.

How much did your rates go up after your claim? I filed a claim with them last night so hopefully it will get repaired before I get home. God bless my better half Elizabeth, she is surely putting up with a ton of problems while I'm over here in the desert.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #24
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Everybody, I just want to say THANKYOU to my fellow Camaro fivers who were willing to step up and help a guy in need out. I SINCERELY appreciate the offers for assistance.

That is the greatest thing I've seen about this Camaro community is the amount of friends that you make here, and you'll probably never meet most of them, yet they'd bend over backwards to help someone out.

God bless you guys, and thank you for the offers of help.

:party0038::flag1:
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #25
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
That's a bummer for sure! Sorry to hear that. I had something similar happen to one side on the rear bumper when I when through an auto car wash... One of the flaps from the spinning brushes somehow got wedged between the rear bumper cover, and quarter panel, opened the gap, and the beating continued... It was my first and ONLY time through an auto wash with the Camaro.

Love your username btw!
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #26
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Everybody, I just want to say THANKYOU to my fellow Camaro fivers who were willing to step up and help a guy in need out. I SINCERELY appreciate the offers for assistance.

That is the greatest thing I've seen about this Camaro community is the amount of friends that you make here, and you'll probably never meet most of them, yet they'd bend over backwards to help someone out.

God bless you guys, and thank you for the offers of help.

:party0038::flag1:
Well since you won't take me or the others up on the offer do me and the others one favor. Stay safe while deployed and come back home soon.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #27
rexkwando17

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS, 97 Saturn
Quote:
Yea, I am hoping I can arrange for USAA to have it repaired before I get back.
My friend has used USAA a lot, when we were stationed at Fort Lewis, interstate 5 takes a beating on your car. He only has positives to say about their insurance. I know what its like to be in Afghanistan thinking about your car all day, hope your tour is almost done.
rexkwando17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #28
coloeb

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 6L50 automatic TF-3
PM me , Put me down for $20.00.