Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #15
Eskilachi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
I have them (Vertical Doors Inc) and I like them. Not had any problem with alignment and such. However I donīt use them every single time I open the door. The good thing about it is that you can still open them normally, just not as far as you can with regular doors.
As Dtrimpi, I too think the vertical doors fit the style perfectly.

The hinges are strong, youīd need some serious misuse for them to go bad. I got to play a little with some other hinges when I was waiting for mine to be installed and itīs the real deal.

But of course, some people will have problems. They are man-made and occasionally some of them are "bad", but you have lifetime warranty on the hinges made by Vertical Doors Inc.

If you by any chance should regret it later they give you the original hinges and you could always change them back.
Eskilachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #16
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
i daily drive mine although i don't use them 24/7 i do about 85% of the time. i do use them every morning when backing in to my work parking lot kind of makes it a breeze and easy. i have had not one issue for the year i have had them. i love them and honestly i don't care what people think. the best is that my friends who own lambos love them on my car.. heres my car with my good friends aventador
Attached Images

camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #17
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChriSS84 View Post
I'm sure alot of idiots will comment about how they don't like them on a camaro.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #18
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
You wanna know how durable the VDI kits are? This was just posted on VDI's FaceBook page earlier today

Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:22 AM   #19
Genious
Army EOD Tech

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have a extra set im selling for about $700 less then they are listed on the vdi website. pm me if anyone wants them
Old 06-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #20
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow 2LT
Have had my VDI kit installed since May 2010 and have 50,000 + miles on the car since installed (daily driver- car has 69500 to date).

After I realized the lock nut placement was wrong according to the instructions, I had no more adjustment issues. Doors only go up at car shows otherwise for daily use they open regular. They "do" have a stop toprevent the doors from opening too wide but if someone forces the doors open past that stop there can be some damage.

Installation is a key ingredient to having a trouble free door. If not done properly owners can have problems.

I have installed the doors myself and have also installed at least 4 other VDI kits. Well made product, should have no problems with them but they are not for everyone.

This picture shows the placement of the lock nut The instructions have you placing the lock nut at the "black" arrow side of the bolt. Doing that caused the hinge to drop after a few months and cause a re-adjustment of the door. I placed the lock nut on the other side of the bolt (red arrow) and solved the problem of having the door settle downwards.

For those that are having to readjust the doors try looking at the placement of that lock-nut.
CiscoBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #21
CamaroIOM

Drives: IOM
One of my favorite mods on my car!!! It gets tons and I mean tons of comments/looks!! I have had zero trouble with mine. The haters come on here and say ohhhhh they are for lambos only...Whatever...I have actually had people come up and ask if it came factory like that. Plus you have the option to open up normally. Its a no brainier really...Love them
CamaroIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #22
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroIOM View Post
One of my favorite mods on my car!!! It gets tons and I mean tons of comments/looks!! I have had zero trouble with mine. The haters come on here and say ohhhhh they are for lambos only...Whatever...I have actually had people come up and ask if it came factory like that. Plus you have the option to open up normally. Its a no brainier really...Love them
I get that a lot too too. Everyone always asks if all the new camaros ate like that and then they go on to say how much they like it. Technically speaking these are not "lambo" doors, they are vertical doors. Nothing wrong with putting them on a vehicle other than a lambo. The camaro is one of the few cars that can pull off the look though.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #23
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroIOM View Post
I have actually had people come up and ask if it came factory like that.

Well, if car nuts like that think they are cool, they must be.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #24
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
The doors look great. If install correctly than your good to go. Don't listen to the negative post about rice and it's only or lambos.
It's your car Ou do what you want.

Now onto my story, I had them installed by a VDI certified installer an he screwed it all up.
My fenders are jagged and are open to rust. the hinges weren't adjusted corrctly leaving te door to sag, along with pushing against the fenders it caused tem to bend. So now I need new fenders..
However, the idiot that installed it had insurance and was NOT certified by the county or state to work with vertical doors. So i am being reimbursed for the install, he's paying for the damages and getting a person to properly install them. I might save the money and attempt it my self. I'm still trying to figure out how to adjust the doors before I tackle the install. So if anyone has an idea of how to please pm me
Old 06-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #25
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
I have done quite a few mods on my car from cutting T2 ports to installing my own afterburners and getting into a bit of painting. I think I could probably pull this off but if I do this I am going to drive to Texas and have Lupe install them for me. And I would like to see his pride and joy in person too.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #26
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
i have had mine 2 years, i made one adjustment 6 months ago, i would not change it. no regrets

lupe
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #27
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Im still figuring out what else is behind the install that's difficulty I mean I have the hinges install,they just need to be fix to not sag.
There is NO DIY vid on how to adjust them.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #28
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrorcr View Post
I talked with a stang owner about his doors and he wishes he had never installed them, he told me the supports on his frame couldn't support daily door use with out adjustment every week???????
That's because he has a Ford.