Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
RedRaider

Drives: 2000 Tahoe LT, 2010 2LT/RS
24-hour test drive

Well, not literally. I just picked up a 1LT from AVIS at DFW airport. Pics will come later, camera battery just died.

But I had to post about the experience so far. I know you've probably read a hundred posts just like this, but this car is PHENOMENAL. The acceleration is AWESOME! The ride is SMOOOOOTH. I am so happy to be getting a 2LT / RS!

I was stopped at a light just outside of the airport in Irving/Las Colinas area. Its a beautiful morning here, so my windows were down. A woman in a mini van pulls up next to me and goes "Wooooooh....that is MEAN...just mean...I mean....(Charles Barkley voice)TERRIBLE!" I replied "thats the way we like it!"

I'm definitely not used to the power. City driving is difficult only in that you accelerate to speed limits in the blink of an eye! When you've driven a truck daily for the last 14 years, this takes getting used to! I love the handling; this car grips the road like nothing I have ever driven.

If you are fortunate enough to have a Camaro, or one on order, stop and take a moment to thank God for His blessings. I don't believe in the "just a car" concept. There is a ton of passion out there for the Camaro. I see nothing wrong with being passionate about a car, unless it interferes with my passion for God and doing His will.

Hope to see some of you on the road today!
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
Mark A Collier Sr
Retired Army, 101st ABN

Drives: 2 SS/RS w/sunroof
I like Avis. hope to get another Camaro Monday when I go to FL! I will have my camera this time!
BORN ON 4 NOV 09 at 12:26pm VIN:63460~ HOME on 18 NOV 09!
"101BABY"
Mark A Collier Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #3
Mark A Collier Sr
Retired Army, 101st ABN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Well, not literally. I just picked up a 1LT from AVIS at DFW airport. Pics will come later, camera battery just died.

But I had to post about the experience so far. I know you've probably read a hundred posts just like this, but this car is PHENOMENAL. The acceleration is AWESOME! The ride is SMOOOOOTH. I am so happy to be getting a 2LT / RS!

I was stopped at a light just outside of the airport in Irving/Las Colinas area. Its a beautiful morning here, so my windows were down. A woman in a mini van pulls up next to me and goes "Wooooooh....that is MEAN...just mean...I mean....(Charles Barkley voice)TERRIBLE!" I replied "thats the way we like it!"

I'm definitely not used to the power. City driving is difficult only in that you accelerate to speed limits in the blink of an eye! When you've driven a truck daily for the last 14 years, this takes getting used to! I love the handling; this car grips the road like nothing I have ever driven.

If you are fortunate enough to have a Camaro, or one on order, stop and take a moment to thank God for His blessings. I don't believe in the "just a car" concept. There is a ton of passion out there for the Camaro. I see nothing wrong with being passionate about a car, unless it interferes with my passion for God and doing His will.
Hope to see some of you on the road today!
THAT is good to see brother!
"101BABY"
Old 07-25-2009, 09:14 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I know what you mean, I got my first one 33 years ago, it became a passion. Becasue of a growing family, it fit in anymore. The wait began till I could afford another as a second car for me, when I could, the camaro had been discontinued. NOW its back, and it was a happy day that is for sure. like so many others here, we have a passion for our cars, and like so many, we ordered our cars so when it arrives, its EXACTLY what we wanted, not just something off the lot, but if by miricle I find one in the mean time that is EXACTLY like the one I ordered, I would be a true gift, and I would snap it up in a heart beat!!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #5
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
great read!!1 enjoy the rental and I can't wait til you get yours!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #6
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
I know EXACTLY how you feel about the 2LT...that's what I have and if you check out any of my many enthusiastic posts, you will know that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Camaro...

And yes, I do thank God for being blessed enough to be fortunate to own this car at this stage of my life where I've had a tough 2 yrs with my own health issues and my Dad's death last Sept.18, 2008

I know that life is short, and we should all appreciate what we have now, and stop and "smell the roses", or should I say, stop and "SMELL THE NEW CAR CAMARO SMELL"...LOL...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #7
RichieFlorida

Drives: 69 SS Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I know what you mean, I got my first one 33 years ago, it became a passion. Becasue of a growing family, it fit in anymore. The wait began till I could afford another as a second car for me, when I could, the camaro had been discontinued. NOW its back, and it was a happy day that is for sure. like so many others here, we have a passion for our cars, and like so many, we ordered our cars so when it arrives, its EXACTLY what we wanted, not just something off the lot, but if by miricle I find one in the mean time that is EXACTLY like the one I ordered, I would be a true gift, and I would snap it up in a heart beat!!

I bought my 69 back in 1977. Fortunately my buddy has his own dealership and 3 new Camaros on the lot. I borrowed the yellow one for the day. I was shocked at the performance level of the V6. This week I will check out the Black V8 and then I am going to do a write-up on both cars.

RichieFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #8
Mark A Collier Sr
Retired Army, 101st ABN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieFlorida View Post
I bought my 69 back in 1977. Fortunately my buddy has his own dealership and 3 new Camaros on the lot. I borrowed the yellow one for the day. I was shocked at the performance level of the V6. This week I will check out the Black V8 and then I am going to do a write-up on both cars.

OH WOW!!!!
ABM would be a perfect match!! THEY ARE BOTH AWESOME!
"101BABY"
Old 07-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieFlorida View Post

"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
RichieFlorida

Drives: 69 SS Camaro Convertible
Thanks Donna. My Camaro is an original Suffolk County car.

RichieFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #11
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Def.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #12
RedRaider

If you are gonna be in DFW any time soon and you are thinking of renting the LT, look this guy up:
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #13
RedRaider

Car returned to AVIS :(

301 miles later, I took her back to Avis this morning. My brother and I counted 64 Camaros in the DFW rental return area for Avis. My guess is that there were probably another 10 or so more already prepared for rentals. The selection there was ridiculous. They had SIM, CGM, Black, Yellow, IOM, and Victory Red that we could see. Looked like mostly SS, but definitely a good selection of LT models.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #14
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Nice report.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote