Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-28-2009, 01:30 AM   #15
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
I haven't looked up LS2 GTO stock times, but there are several 2010s with very low 13s and 12.9, 12.8, and even a 12.6..

I am fairly certain the 2010 is a bit faster than .1.
I'm 90% sure the LS2 GTO hit a 12.8. This is a close race, even when comparing their best times.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #16
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I owned two LS2 GTOs (05 M6 GTO, 06 A4 GTO) and now a 2010 Camaro.

The 2010 Camaro is slightly faster with higher trap speeds (same driver skill, same track conditions, etc).
My L99 A6 Camaro has been running faster than my 06 A4 GTO and my 05 M6 GTO mod vs mod. I never came close to running 12.5 with just exhaust, intake, and tune in my GTO. I know some others may have run that fast in their GTO with those mods, but that's not me. When comparing apples to apples (my local track with me driving in similar conditions), my Camaro is definately faster than either of my GTOs.

Yes, guys have pulled high 12s in stock GTO's. But they've had several winters to accumulate these times. Give the 2010 Camaro a few more winters and the list of stock Camaro's running 12s will be very long.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #17
tyler20c

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS/RS
A freind of mine has a modded LS1 gto with tune, intake, full exhaust, long tubes, and suspension work. We have never raced but from riding in it it definitely feels faster than my stock 2SS.
tyler20c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #18
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
I haven't looked up LS2 GTO stock times, but there are several 2010s with very low 13s and 12.9, 12.8, and even a 12.6..

I am fairly certain the 2010 is a bit faster than .1.
Considering the 12.6 was not 100% bone stock, the ZGTO and Camaro have both run 12.8s bone stock, simple drivers race
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #19
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Considering the 12.6 was not 100% bone stock, the ZGTO and Camaro have both run 12.8s bone stock, simple drivers race

yeah I forgot he changed his air filter.. lol

I heard he also used a tree shaped air freshener, thus his interior wasn't stock either.

show me the LS2 GTO that replaced his air filter and ran a 12.6. ( I haven't done research, it may exsist, but I haven't seen it or heard of it)

Please don't even bring up the fact he changed his oil... LOL--- before long you won't be able to take that airbag warning laminated piece of paper hanging from your glove box, or you will be "modified".....
________
Ford Proving Grounds Picture

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 10:16 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #20
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Not to mention there are many more Camaros running those 12's than the GTO's did.
I think you coulld count on one hand how many stock GTO's actually hit 12's stock.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #21
Stew

Quote:
yeah I forgot he changed his air filter.. lol

I heard he also used a tree shaped air freshener, thus his interior wasn't stock either.

show me the LS2 GTO that replaced his air filter and ran a 12.6. ( I haven't done research, it may exsist, but I haven't seen it or heard of it)

Please don't even bring up the fact he changed his oil... LOL--- before long you won't be able to take that airbag warning laminated piece of paper hanging from your glove box, or you will be "modified".....
He also replaced all of his fluids with royal purple, that is supposed to give extra RW ponies and has shown it on a dyno before. You can't call it stock, if it is not running all stock parts.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #22
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Quote:
He also replaced all of his fluids with royal purple, that is supposed to give extra RW ponies and has shown it on a dyno before. You can't call it stock, if it is not running all stock parts.
As I said before removing weight is a modification that gives an advantage too..

So I claim that ZERO times on this site are legitimate. Because they are not straight from the dealership bone stock, because most everyone if not everyone runs with less gas, in the 1/4 mile, than the dealership gave you.
Most of you remove that airbag warning card -- BAM weight reduction.

Most everyone who cares about E.T lowers the tire pressure below stock settings. Better grip = better 60 ft, = better E.T. Bam MODIFIED.

Some people remove rear mats, because they don't have people in the rear seat, and they don't need them. BAM weight reduction. NOT STOCK.

________
BUY GLASS BONGS

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 10:17 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #23
cmiller8006

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS/TC
Quote:
As I said before removing weight is a modification that gives an advantage too..

So I claim that ZERO times on this site are legitimate. Because they are not straight from the dealership bone stock, because most everyone if not everyone runs with less gas, in the 1/4 mile, than the dealership gave you.
Most of you remove that airbag warning card -- BAM weight reduction.

Most everyone who cares about E.T lowers the tire pressure below stock settings. Better grip = better 60 ft, = better E.T. Bam MODIFIED.

Some people remove rear mats, because they don't have people in the rear seat, and they don't need them. BAM weight reduction. NOT STOCK.

Right thus not stock. Just like the guy that changed the air filter=not stock. Your argument makes no sense, unless there are camaros on the "stock" 1/4 list that have lowered the air pressure or takin out the rear seats or mats.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #24
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller8006 View Post
Right thus not stock. Just like the guy that changed the air filter=not stock. Your argument makes no sense, unless there are camaros on the "stock" 1/4 list that have lowered the air pressure or takin out the rear seats or mats.
I think what you missed is, he is saying the moment anything happens to the car then it's no longer "Stock". Oh what you changed the Radio station? NOT STOCK!

Personally, I think when you start worryin' about what lube someone put in there engine that's too far. A CAI is not stock, that generates measurable HP in an engine and fully replaces a stock component. Yes, the fluid does that too, but I am not about to start looking at when people got there last oil change and asking them what kind of oil they put in it, or asking them what they had to eat before they came to the track while I check there car for floor mats and see if there tire pressure is low.
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #25
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosher View Post
I think what you missed is, he is saying the moment anything happens to the car then it's no longer "Stock". Oh what you changed the Radio station? NOT STOCK!

Personally, I think when you start worryin' about what lube someone put in there engine that's too far. A CAI is not stock, that generates measurable HP in an engine and fully replaces a stock component. Yes, the fluid does that too, but I am not about to start looking at when people got there last oil change and asking them what kind of oil they put in it, or asking them what they had to eat before they came to the track while I check there car for floor mats and see if there tire pressure is low.
Royal Purple is the exception, it has been dyno proven if you change all your fluids to it, it gives additional RWHP, hense it increases performance, hense it is not stock......
Old 12-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #26
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Royal Purple is the exception, it has been dyno proven if you change all your fluids to it, it gives additional RWHP, hense it increases performance, hense it is not stock......
I'm sorry, but this is hilarious.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #27
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I'm sorry, but this is hilarious.
Well, it does, people have dynoed before and after and picked up HP. in anycase, that 12.6 cannot be claimed as "stok" because the car also had a K&N filter, which probably does nothing, but can't be proven. Stock is a paper filter, stock tires, etc, etc. It is easy to call it stock when you want it to be, but if a Mustang owner was claiming the same thing on this site, it would would be beat to death how it is not stock.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #28
azvren

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS IBM
back to the topic of 2010 SS vs GTO
Ive Raced both of my friends at Penwell Knights Raceway on arms drop race night. Both are 6.0s and had CIA, LT, Diablo Predator Tune, Drag Bags, and Cat-Back exhaust.
My mods: Roto-Fab CIA, magnaflow x-pipe, muffler delete

The First one was running street tires, I took him by 1 1/2 cars. The second one had his drag radials and I took him by a bumper and that night they didnt record times and for those who think im talking bout street racing i can assure you it was at the track I have the flyer somewhere post it up as soon as i find it. My guess is that for as long as theyve had their cars, they have yet to learn how to drive them properly cause Ive been down the qtr strip on two runs besting at a 13.98 but that night when I ran the qtr was test n tune and the track prep wasnt all that great along with not being able to go around the water box. I know for a fact I can run better times cause both GTO's ran 13.2-13.4 consistent.

Dont know if any of this helps but just thought I'd put what I've experienced with GTO's

Last edited by azvren; 12-28-2009 at 06:04 PM.
azvren is offline   Reply With Quote