Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #29
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I'm sorry, but this is hilarious.
http://www.royalpurple.com/rp-articles.html

Check out the horspower and/or torque articles where they actually id before and after dynos on a number of different cars......
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #30
IConnection

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
2006 GTO VS 2010 CAMARO
Hmmmm,I would say the Camaro is faster but 6sp vs 6sp it woud be a drivers race

Now My All Motor 06 GTO runs 11.80@115 so I'm not too worried
IConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #31
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
http://www.royalpurple.com/rp-articles.html

Check out the horspower and/or torque articles where they actually id before and after dynos on a number of different cars......
No, no, I'm not doubting the numbers. I was just thinking of an excuse that could be used. So you got beat by a stock Camaro? Hek no, he had royal purple in that baby. If he were all stock I would have toasted him.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #32
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjectionConnection View Post
2006 GTO VS 2010 CAMARO

Be careful lots of modded Camaro's running around now faster than that.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #33
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjectionConnection View Post
2006 GTO VS 2010 CAMARO

If you're running around the street on just motor these days, you better be worried. Please tell me you're not one of those people that think that by not having a power-adder on your car that makes it somehow better than one that does.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #34
cmiller8006

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS/TC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosher View Post
I think what you missed is, he is saying the moment anything happens to the car then it's no longer "Stock". Oh what you changed the Radio station? NOT STOCK!

Personally, I think when you start worryin' about what lube someone put in there engine that's too far. A CAI is not stock, that generates measurable HP in an engine and fully replaces a stock component. Yes, the fluid does that too, but I am not about to start looking at when people got there last oil change and asking them what kind of oil they put in it, or asking them what they had to eat before they came to the track while I check there car for floor mats and see if there tire pressure is low.
Got ya, but I agree to with the oil, are we supposed to go 20000 miles on the stuff from factory? Oil is oil.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #35
cmiller8006

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS/TC
Quote:
Originally Posted by azvren View Post
back to the topic of 2010 SS vs GTO
Ive Raced both of my friends at Penwell Knights Raceway on arms drop race night. Both are 6.0s and had CIA, LT, Diablo Predator Tune, Drag Bags, and Cat-Back exhaust.
My mods: Roto-Fab CIA, magnaflow x-pipe, muffler delete

The First one was running street tires, I took him by 1 1/2 cars. The second one had his drag radials and I took him by a bumper and that night they didnt record times and for those who think im talking bout street racing i can assure you it was at the track I have the flyer somewhere post it up as soon as i find it. My guess is that for as long as theyve had their cars, they have yet to learn how to drive them properly cause Ive been down the qtr strip on two runs besting at a 13.98 but that night when I ran the qtr was test n tune and the track prep wasnt all that great along with not being able to go around the water box. I know for a fact I can run better times cause both GTO's ran 13.2-13.4 consistent.

Dont know if any of this helps but just thought I'd put what I've experienced with GTO's
I have seen intake, headers, and tune 6.0's on dr's go 12.0-.2's at over 115. I dont think your freinds drive well.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:34 PM   #36
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
The Car makes no difference to me, mustang, camaro, G8, motorcycle, I don't care.

For arguments sake, lets say someone buys a used "stock" 2010 Camaro SS. But before he went to the track, he realized that he needed new tires.

he didn't put on drag radials, or street radials, or Slicks, He bought a pair of nice summer only tires. Is he now not stock (just because the brand is difference) EVEN if he is able to get better traction with them?

My entire point is... people are so fickle. They know they will likely never ever be able to duplicate the time of that member because their skills and shitty track will likely never allow it. SO they try to down grade the success of others to make them feel better about themselves.
________
GM QUAD-4 ENGINE HISTORY

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 10:17 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #37
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
The Car makes no difference to me, mustang, camaro, G8, motorcycle, I don't care.

For arguments sake, lets say someone buys a used "stock" 2010 Camaro SS. But before he went to the track, he realized that he needed new tires.

he didn't put on drag radials, or street radials, or Slicks, He bought a pair of nice summer only tires. Is he now not stock (just because the brand is difference) EVEN if he is able to get better traction with them?

My entire point is... people are so fickle. They know they will likely never ever be able to duplicate the time of that member because their skills and shitty track will likely never allow it. SO they try to down grade the success of others to make them feel better about themselves.
I don't think it's bringing another person down. It's calling out someone who claims numbers that are stock when they are known to be.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #38
jrc1122

You never answered me, is aftermarket normal street tires of a DIFFERENT brand- STOCK?

He replaced a OEM part with a different brand. It is a 100% normal wear and tear item that must be replaced in order to keep the car in good working and safe order.

So if he changed from Goodyear, to Bridgestone, etc. It Should make no difference.
If he changed his air FILTER to a different brand, no biggie
If he changed his OIL to a different brand, that is what 99% of everyone does.

K&N marketed fuel economy and HP, Royal Purple markets HP increase.

So now when it is time to replace common worn parts or fluids on your car, you aren't allowed to go with certain off the shelf items, because you won't be "stock" anymore.

When you return a leased vehicle you supposed to return it to stock form, I am fairly certain, they wouldn't make you swap out your 50 dollar oil change for a 20 dollar oil change before turning it in.

Some people have false fantasies of modifications that "help" in the 1/4 mile.

This is exactly why we make fun of "ricers"..

Yo man.. I just put a K&N filter on my car,and the sticker, I just got 20 FWHP. I then changed to Mobile One oil-- I cut .5 seconds off my 1/4 mile yo!

I'm thinking about removing my spare tire, and I will have my otherwise stock Honda civic in the 13s. And if I get a new muffler I'll be close to the 12s yo....

I honestly thought that most people realized that those modifications have minimal to no measurable effect on 1/4 miles.
IN all actuality track prep, and track conditions, HAVE MUCH more to do with .1 or .2 than those "modifications".

Next thing you will hear, is oh yeah, well so and so ran with a Negative DA-- so his time isn't real, or don't count as the Bone stock time.
________
New jersey medical marijuana dispensaries

Old 12-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #39
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
No, no, I'm not doubting the numbers. I was just thinking of an excuse that could be used. So you got beat by a stock Camaro? Hek no, he had royal purple in that baby. If he were all stock I would have toasted him.
LOL, I wouldn't go that far, on the street or track it's run what you brung, but I see anything added after what the factory provided that can increase performance on a vehicle as not stock.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #40
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
You never answered me, is aftermarket normal street tires of a DIFFERENT brand- STOCK?

He replaced a OEM part with a different brand. It is a 100% normal wear and tear item that must be replaced in order to keep the car in good working and safe order.

So if he changed from Goodyear, to Bridgestone, etc. It Should make no difference.
If he changed his air FILTER to a different brand, no biggie
If he changed his OIL to a different brand, that is what 99% of everyone does.

K&N marketed fuel economy and HP, Royal Purple markets HP increase.

So now when it is time to replace common worn parts or fluids on your car, you aren't allowed to go with certain off the shelf items, because you won't be "stock" anymore.

When you return a leased vehicle you supposed to return it to stock form, I am fairly certain, they wouldn't make you swap out your 50 dollar oil change for a 20 dollar oil change before turning it in.

Some people have false fantasies of modifications that "help" in the 1/4 mile.

This is exactly why we make fun of "ricers"..

Yo man.. I just put a K&N filter on my car,and the sticker, I just got 20 FWHP. I then changed to Mobile One oil-- I cut .5 seconds off my 1/4 mile yo!

I'm thinking about removing my spare tire, and I will have my otherwise stock Honda civic in the 13s. And if I get a new muffler I'll be close to the 12s yo....

I honestly thought that most people realized that those modifications have minimal to no measurable effect on 1/4 miles.
IN all actuality track prep, and track conditions, HAVE MUCH more to do with .1 or .2 than those "modifications".

Next thing you will hear, is oh yeah, well so and so ran with a Negative DA-- so his time isn't real, or don't count as the Bone stock time.

You are missing the whole point. THe question is not really about say, stock replacement parts, but can it or does it increase performance. And yes, if it is a different brand of tires that can effect performance in a positive or even a negative way. I would ask that you read some of the articles in the link I posted where yes, the royal purple and even the drop in filter not only provided a slight horsepower bump, but in many applications brought that max power at lower RPMs. More HP at a lower RPM that IS going to affect performance, no?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #41
jrc1122

well we will continue to go around in circles on this one....

You believe whatever you want, I will do the same.

But my new argument is -- NO ONE is stock.. Prepare for me to point that out on any subsequent "bone stock times"---

Until you prove to me you raced the car exactly how it came delivered from the dealership. Full tank and all.. Because you know that 16 gallons of fuel weighs approx 120+ lbs of weight to the car.. You can't honestly remove 120 lbs from the car and not expect a slight gain in performance can you?

Signed

NO ONE HAS A STOCK TIME.
________
EASY VAPE VAPORIZER

Old 12-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #42
Stew

Works for me, when all else fails agree to disagree.....