Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 03-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #477
AhX

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM\IOM
Anyone know where the other end of the signal wire terminates? I am trying to tap into it. I assume it has to go to the radio but I do not see any SWC in the diagram.
AhX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #478
Cyberbumble

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Talking

All I have to say is ...thanks. I installed the controls today and everything seems fine. Only have to go program my radio now. Again much thanks!
Cyberbumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #479
patrickt

Drives: still saving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Thank you for your great site and products. Quick question though, since I want to get an OnStar module for bluetooth calling, would the normal PDIM you sell on your site work or do I need a special one that works with the OnStar module?
The PDIM and the onstar module work indepentant of one another so the same one is used either way. Thank you for your kind words as well
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #480
nukemustang

Drives: 2017 Raptor, 2017 SS
Unhappy Issues after installation, but before programming...

Okay I got the parts to install the steering wheel controls and the PDIM module yesterday from FedEx, and like a kid on christmas installed them following this website and the suppied instructions for the PDIM. Now the car is making the "ding, ding, ding" chime at random times while driving along and the DIC asks me to roll down and up the drivers window everytime I start the car.

I did disconnect the battery before I started this project and I have no warning lights or idiot lights on the dash and no other instructions/warnings in the DIC. The steering wheel switches do light up, so there is power available to them.

I called the dealer this morning to "schedule" an appointment, but they are not going to be able to see me until next Monday.

Anyone else have issues like this?? I am thinking of uninstalling the one that is causing the chime but I am not sure which one it is.

Thanks!!
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #481
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemustang View Post
Okay I got the parts to install the steering wheel controls and the PDIM module yesterday from FedEx, and like a kid on christmas installed them following this website and the suppied instructions for the PDIM. Now the car is making the "ding, ding, ding" chime at random times while driving along and the DIC asks me to roll down and up the drivers window everytime I start the car.

I did disconnect the battery before I started this project and I have no warning lights or idiot lights on the dash and no other instructions/warnings in the DIC. The steering wheel switches do light up, so there is power available to them.

I called the dealer this morning to "schedule" an appointment, but they are not going to be able to see me until next Monday.

Anyone else have issues like this?? I am thinking of uninstalling the one that is causing the chime but I am not sure which one it is.

Thanks!!
Disconnecting the battery for an extended period of time will require you to reprogram the windows when you connect it back.

Have you reprogrammed the windows?

The manual explains how to do this
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #482
nukemustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Disconnecting the battery for an extended period of time will require you to reprogram the windows when you connect it back.

Have you reprogrammed the windows?

The manual explains how to do this
I am going out to the parking lot right now to do this, we will see if that helps with the chims!! Thanks for this piece of info too!!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #483
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Once I disconnect the battery, I dont have to worry about the airbag right? I dont want to be working and than have my face destroyed when the airbag goes off. Im going to be installing the wheel controls tomorrow hopefully.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #484
nukemustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Once I disconnect the battery, I dont have to worry about the airbag right? I dont want to be working and than have my face destroyed when the airbag goes off. Im going to be installing the wheel controls tomorrow hopefully.

This is a true statement. However, I was still very careful when I was pulling it off the wheel and when I was pulling the two plugs off the back of the airbag itself. The instructions in this thread are spot on, the scarest part for me was pulling the silver trim ring off the steering wheel. It is only plastic and I did not feel like cracking it or breaking it in half.

the random chimes stopped too!!!

Last edited by nukemustang; 04-20-2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: added that the chimes stopped!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #485
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
So, I got mine installed and went to my stealership to get the BCM programmed. They said it should be illegal that we have the PDF of how to do it.LOL, I said its the internet, you can find anything online.

So it took them an hour to program it. They charged me 50.00 for the call the GM, and an hour labor ($80.00), so it cost me 130.00 to get it done. I'm ok with that, because my LS is still cheaper than the LT and now I have the controls.

I like that now I can adjust the volume, skip tracks on cds, scan stations, and change the source. I haven't used the onstar from it yet. But it was worth spending the money to do.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #486
nukemustang

Illegal??

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
So, I got mine installed and went to my stealership to get the BCM programmed. They said it should be illegal that we have the PDF of how to do it.LOL, I said its the internet, you can find anything online.

So it took them an hour to program it. They charged me 50.00 for the call the GM, and an hour labor ($80.00), so it cost me 130.00 to get it done. I'm ok with that, because my LS is still cheaper than the LT and now I have the controls.

I like that now I can adjust the volume, skip tracks on cds, scan stations, and change the source. I haven't used the onstar from it yet. But it was worth spending the money to do.
Hell, I am SUPER happy to have at least the PIC#/Bulletin # so they don't spend 3 hours trying to find just this info. I happened to ask on of the service advisors the other day about programming the BCM and Radio and he looked at me like I was stupid. So I have an appointment for Monday and I am taking the instructions that came with my PDIM and the .pdf for the steering wheel install and hope that a smarter tech can figure it out. If not, let me borrow the GM tools and I will program it myself!!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #487
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
When I disconnect the battery, do I need to disconnect both the +/- or can I just disconnect the + and be ok? Also will I need to do a reset of anything ie. windows etc? How long after its disconnected can I begin to work, should I wait any period of time?
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:18 AM   #488
=Stephens=

I did just the negative. It only took me about 20 minutes to do. Don't wait, just do em. And reconnect. No reprogramming for anything.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #489
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
I did just the negative. It only took me about 20 minutes to do. Don't wait, just do em. And reconnect. No reprogramming for anything.
Ditto I did mine in about 30 minutes and no reprogramming required.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #490
nukemustang

Angry Frustrated in paradise....

So, after keeping my car nearly two full days I have steering wheel radio control switches that work and a non-function USB port in the console .... I know the USB has power as it will charge my Garmin Edge 500, but it does not recognize when you plug in any kind of iPod/iPhone....

SOLD:2016 2SS Red Hot Convertible with black metallic rally stripes
SOLD:2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS Convertible. Completed modifications: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation.