Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #589
JeffyS94

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT cyber grey metallic
hey, Tech Support, do I only disconnect the negative? and does it have any 'side effects' of unplugging it? Getting ready to plastidip my bezel and I'm wondering about this mod..
JeffyS94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #590
Despair IX

Drives: 2011 2LT SW Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffyS94 View Post
hey, Tech Support, do I only disconnect the negative? and does it have any 'side effects' of unplugging it? Getting ready to plastidip my bezel and I'm wondering about this mod..
I had a side effect today... Put bezel back on plugged everything back in then connected the battery... It's saying I need to get y airbag serviced but when I connected the cords they clicked back in. I don't know what to do?
Despair IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #591
kountrykreation

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Any dealerships in the Houston area that might know how this is done? I'm hoping to get my 2011 LS Camaro updated w/the radio control switch (and hopefully the Onstar bluetooth). The first dealer I checked with said he didn't want to do it. After reading through this entire thread, sounds like it can be done, but finding a competent/willing shop is a challenge.
kountrykreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #592
CamaroBlue

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kountrykreation View Post
Any dealerships in the Houston area that might know how this is done? I'm hoping to get my 2011 LS Camaro updated w/the radio control switch (and hopefully the Onstar bluetooth). The first dealer I checked with said he didn't want to do it. After reading through this entire thread, sounds like it can be done, but finding a competent/willing shop is a challenge.

Munday Chevy by 45 & 1960 quoted my around $150. Bring all the documents because depending on who you talk to, they may not have a clue. I think I talked to Jason but not really sure.
CamaroBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #593
sonyb1

Drives: Silver w/Black Stripes SS
Old thread, but Pohanka Chevrolet in Chantilly Va was unsuccessful with programming the BCM. They said they tried, but they could not communicate with the (after market) JVC head unit. Perhaps it doesn't work with aftermarket units . everything else works, onstar etc... but not the newky installed steering wheel control unit. This is still a great thread. Thanks.
sonyb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #594
Tonyz28

Drives: Cyber grey
After market

Question wonder if anyone can help? I upgraded my car w steering wheel controls and understand that I have to have the dealer program the car for this option but I am also instaling aftermarket radio w interface for steering wheel controls and scosche dash kit if I do tht do I still need to take my car to the dealer???
Tonyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:52 AM   #595
s00pey
Always under ***ification

Drives: 2010 1ss aqua blue
Ok, dumb question time. I planned on doing this install. I put a supercharger in myself over the winter, and used the canned tune that came with it. Now the question is, once the controls are in, is it still possible for the dealer to change the computer to accept it without screwing up the canned tune? Or can the company that made the tune just change theirs to accomadate it?
s00pey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #596
NotSS1LEnt

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE Bright Yellow
Send a message via Yahoo to NotSS1LEnt
If anyone is interested in doing this I have the wiring harness by ofer and the actual controls that I removed before I sold my LS. you are more than welcome to them as they are just taking up space in my garage. you can either pm me or post on here.
NotSS1LEnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:47 AM   #597
Christok

Drives: 2011 v6 auto
pm sent
Old 02-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #598
NotSS1LEnt

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE Bright Yellow
Send a message via Yahoo to NotSS1LEnt
shipped, enjoy it man!
NotSS1LEnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:51 PM   #599
Superman_117

Drives: Summit White 2010 Camaro 1LT
Does anyone know any shops that have successfully done this in the Austin, TX area? I have called three dealerships and gave them the information from the first post, but all three asked looked up my vin and then said I don't have the RPO NZL and said that without it, it can't be done. If I am correct, aren't we adding that code(RPO NZL)? or is it just for certain year and trims of Camaros?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:11 PM   #600
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_117 View Post
Does anyone know any shops that have successfully done this in the Austin, TX area? I have called three dealerships and gave them the information from the first post, but all three asked looked up my vin and then said I don't have the RPO NZL and said that without it, it can't be done. If I am correct, aren't we adding that code(RPO NZL)? or is it just for certain year and trims of Camaros?
The BCM needs to be reprogrammed to add the codes for RPO NZL is correct. You are getting run around from dealers that are not capable or don't want to do it.

I got a dealer local to me willing but they will not warranty it.

Also have a member here's company said they could do it. However I'd have to ship my BCM to him.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #601
Superman_117

Drives: Summit White 2010 Camaro 1LT
Installing steering wheel audio and phone controls on Camaro !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
The BCM needs to be reprogrammed to add the codes for RPO NZL is correct. You are getting run around from dealers that are not capable or don't want to do it.

I got a dealer local to me willing but they will not warranty it.

Also have a member here's company said they could do it. However I'd have to ship my BCM to him.
Thanks for the heads up, Pagliaro! I will start searching outside of the Austin area then, for I have run out of Chevy dealerships to ask here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsupport View Post
if you want i can get with the parts guy and see what the switch and harness would cost normally together but i dont know on the labor. just dont let them get you on the fee for vci program it is only $50 from gm and then what they charge to install in your car
Has anyone done this mod in the past few months to know if the vci program is still $50 or if it has gone up or down?
Old 04-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #602
Flightwolf

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_117 View Post
Thanks for the heads up, Pagliaro! I will start searching outside of the Austin area then, for I have run out of Chevy dealerships to ask here.

Has anyone done this mod in the past few months to know if the vci program is still $50 or if it has gone up or down?
Just had it done last week, charged me $50. for the BCM reprogram and 1/2 hr. labor.