Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-26-2017, 05:48 PM   #15
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
It's never too late Toss an extra 300hp on your car, it's begging for it.
Good money after bad. Maybe the next car.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:26 PM   #16
sprayedv

Drives: 2012 CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS
Anyone saying a turbo car is more fun than a roots blower car probably has never driven a proper roots car.

Btw, I have a TT V and a roots blower 5th gen.

2012 CTS-V: Cosmetic Chute.
sprayedv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:30 PM   #17
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayedv View Post
Anyone saying a turbo car is more fun than a roots blower car probably has never driven a proper roots car.

Btw, I have a TT V and a roots blower 5th gen.
Man, that's like saying blondes are more fun. I've more often nearly ended up in jail with the red heads. Just saying.... It's how you play with what you got. But, those stories are for another day..

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:44 PM   #18
jrhagen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreksnot View Post
Man, that's like saying blondes are more fun. I've more often nearly ended up in jail with the red heads. Just saying.... It's how you play with what you got. But, those stories are for another day..

That's why my car is CRT.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:12 PM   #19
sprayedv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreksnot View Post

Haha turbo car is smoother, but blower is just plain more fun. Then again my turbo car on low boost is 1170whp while my roots car is 650ish.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:20 PM   #20
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
sprayedv, by more fun with your PD, you must be implying rolling along at 35mph, revving @ 1900 with your elbow out of the window, and then you get some Weener pulling up beside you, in some rice watchamucullit, trolling u to go_for_it, but the funny part here is, as you are cruizzzin 1900rpm, the Weener must cruise beside U at 4000rpm, sounding totally silly cruising and buzzzing away @ 4000rpm, because that is where his powerband curve is, and all you have to do, almost like T-Rex ambush, out of nowhere, simply floor it on the spot, you don't even have to downshift, let off at 75(because u don't want to go to jail), and you won.

Right? Tell me if I'm wrong, lol
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:30 PM   #21
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Haha turbo car is smoother, but blower is just plain more fun. Then again my turbo car on low boost is 1170whp while my roots car is 650ish.

I'm gonna guess that you have really big laggy turbos on your race car. Cars set up for racing usually lose all their fun streetability. PD blower cars are great at spinning tires, making noise and looking stupid doing all that while getting walked by centri and turbo cars. I've driven tons of 650whp PD car's and they do nothing for me. Very boring.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:34 PM   #22
jrhagen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
sprayedv, by more fun with your PD, you must be implying rolling along at 35mph, revving @ 1900 with your elbow out of the window, and then you get some Weener pulling up beside you, in some rice watchamucullit, trolling u to go_for_it, but the funny part here is, as you are cruizzzin 1900rpm, the Weener must cruise beside U at 4000rpm, sounding totally silly cruising and buzzzing away @ 4000rpm, because that is where his powerband curve is, and all you have to do, almost like T-Rex ambush, out of nowhere, simply floor it on the spot, you don't even have to downshift, let off at 75(because u don't want to go to jail), and you won.

I must admit, doing 70mph burnouts on the freeway are a lot of fun.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:42 PM   #23
sprayedv

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
I'm gonna guess that you have really big laggy turbos on your race car. Cars set up for racing usually lose all their fun streetability. PD blower cars are great at spinning tires, making noise and looking stupid doing all that while getting walked by centri and turbo cars. I've driven tons of 650whp PD car's and they do nothing for me. Very boring.
comp 6766s on a 427lsx.... very streetable and wonderful powerbands

Old 07-26-2017, 10:43 PM   #24
sprayedv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post

Hit that nail on the head my friend

Old 07-27-2017, 08:29 AM   #25
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
I like the numbers you get from turbos, but at the 1/8 mile tracks lower horsepower PD blower cars are constantly beating the turbos. Can anyone explain this, I know lag time is a factor, but a 650whp PD blower beating 900+whp turbo cars in the 1/8 mile on a regular basis this is not just one turbo car or the same cars, just turbos not performing in 1/8 mile runs.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #26
derieu
Engineer

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
As far as the additional drivetrain components go, what would you guys say the stock components are good for? Preferably i'd dial the power down until I could send my transmission to RPM + grab new axles/driveshaft. The clutch only has about 15k miles on it and seems pretty healthy, if I could get a summer out of it i'd be happy. I wouldn't be doing too much launching / heavy start-stop stuff, I roadrace and do mountain driving, so its more rolling onto the throttle and staying in 2nd/3rd/4th
derieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:04 AM   #27
AGP Turbo

Quote:
comp 6766s on a 427lsx.... very streetable and wonderful powerbands

Great turbos and super responsive if you are only running one on a V8
That's literally 2000hp worth of turbos there.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #28
AGP Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
I like the numbers you get from turbos, but at the 1/8 mile tracks lower horsepower PD blower cars are constantly beating the turbos. Can anyone explain this, I know lag time is a factor, but a 650whp PD blower beating 900+whp turbo cars in the 1/8 mile on a regular basis this is not just one turbo car or the same cars, just turbos not performing in 1/8 mile runs.
On a super sticky prepped drag strip with aired down tires and a pre burnout, and the car cooled way down with bags of ice etc etc etc. AND in a short enough race, that is one one place where a PD blower shines. But on the street with normal tires, aired up, fully warmed up, all the PD blower advantage goes away and the turbo car really loses nothing. In real world conditions all these cars are neck and neck 0-60 and then turbo cars walk away like the PD car is holding still.