Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-23-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
xXxFlashxXx

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
Unveiling of "Flash"

Hello, I just registered at the forums here, and this is my first post/thread. I am 18, and I recently (about 5 months ago) bought a 2014 Camaro. Needless to say, everyone assumes Mommy and Daddy are paying the bills, but it is actually all on me, and I am very proud to say that. And once I finish paying (when I'm 25) it'll be ALL mine lol .

That aside, I wanted to share what I have done to it (hereafter referred to as Flash in memory of my beagle and childhood best friend) with others who truly appreciate Camaros. This is Flash.

Aesthetically, first I added the LED grille kit and the LED underbody kit. They change colors, but due to legality issues, I settled on green instead of what I had originally planned (blue), although it has grown on me and now I wouldn't change it for the world. The other big change is the stripes. I had the factory rally stripes taken off. Then, I had carbon fiber triple rally stripes put on in their place. I also had carbon fiber bowtie black outs, fender hash marks, lower side accents, side grille accents, and mirror stripes put on. I have also had the windows tinted to the legal limit where I live (35%).

Perfomance upgrades include a K&N 69 Series Typhoon cold air intake, a Poweraid throttle body spacer, and a JET stage two performance chip. Realistically, (haven't dyno'd) I am hoping to be up from the factory 323hp to maybe 370hp at the most. I don't know if anyone would have a more accurate number, I am purely guessing.

Thanks much for reading through and taking inerest in the car! I am considering upgrading the lights to HID with Halos in the future and installing an MGW short throw shifter. Any comments, feel free to leave them below! Happy browsing!

Name:  IMG_128598069363262.jpeg
Views: 406
Size:  82.3 KB

Aesthetic Upgrades: Carbon Fiber (applies to all) Triple Rally Stripes, Fender Hash Marks, Bowtie Blackouts, Lower Side Accent, Side Grille Accent, Side Mirror Accent, LEDGlow Multicolor Underbody Kit, LED Multicolor Grille Kit, 35% Window Tinting, Custom "Flash" Windshield Decal

Performance Upgrades: K&N 69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake, Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, JET Stage Two Performance Chip
xXxFlashxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #2
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
you are probably around 310hp with those mods, nice ride!
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #3
xXxFlashxXx

How 310 if it came at 323?

Aesthetic Upgrades: Carbon Fiber (applies to all) Triple Rally Stripes, Fender Hash Marks, Bowtie Blackouts, Lower Side Accent, Side Grille Accent, Side Mirror Accent, LEDGlow Multicolor Underbody Kit, LED Multicolor Grille Kit, 35% Window Tinting, Custom "Flash" Windshield Decal

Performance Upgrades: K&N 69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake, Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, JET Stage Two Performance Chip
Old 06-23-2014, 05:42 PM   #4
xXxFlashxXx

Thanks btw! I try to keep it clean, but the bugs on the front are unavoidable and drive me crazy.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxFlashxXx View Post
How 310 if it came at 323?
I think he's talking rear wheel HP as apposed to the factory number 323 which is at the flywheel.

Congrats on the car and hope you keep this thread updated with your latest mods.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:46 PM   #6
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Nice! Needs some new wheels soon!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #7
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Congrats and welcome to C5.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #8
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
You are off and running, sounds like you have been planning for a while. Congrats with Flash!!!!
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #9
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Don't mean to rain on your parade but the throttle body spacer and JET chip are just paperweights and a waste of money. They have been proven to provide no gains. Honestly the only increase in performance comes from the air intake. With that being said you are prob looking at 250-260rwhp which may be around 340 crank.

I do like what you did with the stripes I love the fender hashes! A set of wheels will def set it up nicely. And welcome to C5!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #10
xXxFlashxXx

Ah well, can't blame a guy for trying. I really want to save up for maybe a year or so and get him IPF supercharged with a water/methanol injection system. Those are some huge rear wheel differences lol. But also like $8,500 said and done. Thanks everyone for the compliments. I didn't realize that factory numbers were at the flywheel. I know the difference, only assumed that they were at the wheel. Sounds like I better start saving!

Old 06-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #11
PalmerGA

Simply put, Flash, your 323 HP is rated at the flywheel - engine only, no load at all. The dyno readings everyone looks for are at the wheels - which is under load. Starting at the engine, there are lots of mechanical elements (transmission, drive shaft, rear end, etc. - not to mention car weight) that rob power, so by the time it gets to the rear wheels(which is what really counts) you've probably lost as much as 20% (it varies).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 06-23-2014, 06:12 PM   #12
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxFlashxXx View Post
Ah well, can't blame a guy for trying. I really want to save up for maybe a year or so and get him IPF supercharged with a water/methanol injection system. Those are some huge rear wheel differences lol. But also like $8,500 said and done. Thanks everyone for the compliments. I didn't realize that factory numbers were at the flywheel. I know the difference, only assumed that they were at the wheel. Sounds like I better start saving!
And feel free to ask questions before spending your money on mods. There are lots of folks here who have learned the hard way that some things ("the chip", for instance) aren't worth the box they come in.

We like to help you spend your money, but we don't want to see you waste your money.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #13
xXxFlashxXx

I appreciate that, that's why I wanted to get into the forums some before I started dumping huge amounts of money in. At least that is like a combined total of $300 spent instead of $3,000. Gotta make mistakes to learn from them, right? I just wish I had the means to do what I want to now instead of in a year. But all good things come with time.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #14
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Looks nice, keep up the good work. Do you have any plans to add wheels
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote