Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #43
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
no not v6's sunroofs werent on many if they were, and were probably custom. Sunroof to me just turns it into a sports car and ruins the muscle car theme. Muscle cars and sports cars are two different things to me.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #44
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Sorry dude ur living in the dark age's. This is 2010 not 1967 and if im not mistaken some cars back then had sun roofs. Its a personal choice some like it some dont. I guess u will be one of those telling me v6 shouldnt be on them either
Right...And if anybody thinks that a V6 doesn't belong in a muscle is sick in their damn mind. At first I thought I would just have a nice car with the soft engine. WRONG!!!!! This baby is fast as hell and powerful for a V6. I did 110mph on the highway and it was still pulling.
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #45
CamaroSS426

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via AIM to CamaroSS426
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Dude, you're going to regret not getting the sunroof!
No way, roof looks better without the sunroof IMO.
CamaroSS426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #46
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Saw two today...with and without sunroofs. They are both fantastic looking machines. I am getting the sunroof in mine, but I also love the reverse mohawk you get without the sunroof. I didn't realize you can see it on the inside as well. VERY neat!
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #47
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
You dont really need a sunroof in md... it rained almost every other week this year
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #48
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVLDAWG View Post
Where'd you end up buying from? Was it Adams or JP?

Congrats on the new car!!!
Ourisman Chevrolet Wheaton Plaza, MD
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #49
viper1cobra
Member Club Elite #131

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary H50 2SS
SIM 2LT RS

I called around to all of the dealers within 250 miles of where I live, hit pay dirt at a dealer 140 miles away. I got the exact car I wanted SIM 2LT RS without having to wait for the car to be made. The dealership believe it or not had the vehicle on the lot for over a week on the showroom floor and nobody bought it. I asked the Sales Manager to hold the car overnight and I would arrive in the morning to purchase the car. I arrived and the car was sitting on the showroom floor with only 3 miles on it, They took it out and let me Test Drive it before any paperwork was done on it. Finally after 6 hours at the Dealership I was able to drive home with it. It was a beautiful drive home that day, as I was in no hurry to get there. The funny part of this situation was that I was going to goto a closer dealer the next day to place my order for the car.
viper1cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #50
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
congrats....but....not sure why you decided to settle for something you could've had YOUR way....its like craving a cheeseburger and settling for chicken nuggets....

AND you ended up getting a V6 which my dealer said GM is not selling as many of bc everyone wants the V8...the wait time as of 1 week ago is about 6weeks.....and v8's 5months!

but if your happy then congrats
iwanttogofastNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:32 PM   #51
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
my message was to the original poster btw...
iwanttogofastNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #52
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richochet83 View Post
After all the calling GM and harrassing my dealer every other day, I decided to go back to the source that gave me my dealer and where I built my car...Cars.com...When I went back to the site I saw that it was 13 Camaros in my area for sale so I started making phone calls. On the first call I made I found a dealer with a SIM 2LT RS Auto Black Leather interior (w/o sunroof :()..I said what the hell I can live without a sunroof even though I have never had one...And also SIM was my second choice anyhow....So while talking to the dealer further he said the car was on the showroom with only 8 miles on it...I said ok and then proceeded to asked him the million dollar question, "Is there a dealer Mark-Up on that car?" And then came out the magic words, "No, we are not selling this car over MSRP"...I told him to put the SOLD sign on that car and I will be there shortly...I left work immediately and rest was history.

REVIEW:

Pros: For a V6, that car is fast as hell. If you step on it off a ramp that thing takes off. The components in the car are somewhat user friendly. The handling is amazing. The sound system is vicious and the Boston speakers are very loud with nice bass. The ambient lighting on the doors is tight but I thought it was going to be on the dashboard too. Oh well...The seat are comfortable and hugs your body like a sports car should. The HID lights are very bright and the Halos are the icing on the cake. The gas milage is amazing. As fast as I was driving last night that needle should be at least under 3/4 of the tank. But the needle is barely off of Full.

Cons: The roof and all the windows are very low. The backseat is a joke just like the back seat of the Lexus SC and the Drop-top Jag. There is no on/off switch for the foglights (they are your daytime running lights). The rear window is smalls so be careful backing up. Especially in parking garages. The brake dust can become a headache because I have alot of it already. The tires on the RS Package are in fact summer tires, so now I'll have to pay $200+ per tire in the Fall to get some Toyo AS tires. Lastly, be prepared to be followed by the police. They followed me all morning on my way to work. One held up traffic to talk to me. Crazy I know.
Congrats! Looks like the stars were all aligned for you that day! Thanks for the Pros/Cons, too. Very helpful for those of us in-waiting . . . BTW, how's she sound?
Lydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #53
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
I think you did a great deal and will love your new Camaro! Big deal on the sunroof... if youre happy with car, good for you! Congratulations! Mine will be here soon!
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #54
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Manual vs auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Congrats on the new purchase!

I'd do something like this instead of waiting for my order but dammit, I want a manual transmission on my 1LT/RS. Every dealer that I've spoken with said no way in hell would they order a manual 6-sp for the lot, it would always be special order. Guess I just wait for now.
I've noticed too that there are only automatics and also there have only been V6's - both of which are the opposite of what I want.
Lydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #55
Killer Bee

Drives: 2SS/RS, IOM/IOM Interior, SR
Since this has turned into a sunroof thread I am surprised by all of the so called tall people complaining that the sunroof option is so undesireable. I am over 6'2" and 200lbs and have no problem with the interior of the car. Yes, the reverse mohawk is awesome, and there is slightly more head room (emphasis on slightly). I can't imagine that it is really that big of a deal for anyone 6' 2" or under that isn't wearing a helmet. :troll:

2SS/RS, IOM/IOM, LS3, Sunroof, Carbon Fiber Hood & Rear Spoiler,
Ram Air, Electric Cutouts & Megan Fox in the Passenger Seat

9/10/09: Delivered!
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #56
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
"The brake dust can become a headache because I have alot of it already. The tires on the RS Package are in fact summer tires, so now I'll have to pay $200+ per tire in the Fall to get some Toyo AS tires"

do you really need "winter tires" for the rs package?
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote