Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-29-2018, 04:46 PM   #15
mchaggis

Drives: 2011 L99 2SS
^^^^ That's what I thought and was why I have adapters for 6.5" speakers coming. BUT I do get the bass being deeper with the 6x9. And I'm yet to find a single set of 6.5" 2 ohm set that can be bi-amped anywhere.

So while I think, with the little knowledge I have, a 6.5" set may be better a set of 6x9's might be more practicable and more easily obtained. I now get why everyone is bypassing the BA amp and fitting new ones.

I'm still learning and am happy to hear options and opinions.
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:03 PM   #16
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaggis View Post
^^^^ That's what I thought and was why I have adapters for 6.5" speakers coming. BUT I do get the bass being deeper with the 6x9. And I'm yet to find a single set of 6.5" 2 ohm set that can be bi-amped anywhere.

So while I think, with the little knowledge I have, a 6.5" set may be better a set of 6x9's might be more practicable and more easily obtained. I now get why everyone is bypassing the BA amp and fitting new ones.

I'm still learning and am happy to hear options and opinions.
Why not get a set of 6.5 component speakers? That's what everyone usually does. The low wires go to the speaker and the high wires go to the tweeter. I got my adapters for the rear to fit both. There are pictures on here somewhere of the adapters. That why I never understood the need for bi amped?

Check post 8
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447659
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:10 PM   #17
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Easiest way would be 6.5" components and making your own baffle. Something like this would work since you don't need crossovers and this is a surprisingly good sounding set of budget components.

https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-Kfc-P.../dp/B0037PH2CY

But if you insist on bi-amped 6x9 sets, your options are limited:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all

https://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/xs-gs6921.html (only 4 ohms though)
Old 08-30-2018, 07:20 AM   #18
mchaggis

Thanks guys. I’m getting a better idea of what I can use. I’ll start looking at options now that I’ve got a better idea of what to look for.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:36 AM   #19
mchaggis

Well I got into it tonight and pulled the rear interior out of the Camaro so I could pull out the “blown” rear speaker but I found this jammed in the speaker between the cone and the tweeter...

Name:  5E590FBE-61BF-4077-A7F9-6A03915EF885.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  179.3 KB

This is clearly the right side clip that should be attached to the rear shelf. Once out I figured why not reinstall the speakers and try them. Blown speaker no more!

So do I reinstall the factory speakers as they sound ok and it’s easy or do I install the only speakers I could find locally (New Zealand) that might work.
JBL GX962’s. I have to cut the wires to the tweeters and then wire them to the 2nd channel. Not sure if these will actually work that great or not.

Opinions please.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:44 AM   #20
mbober99

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
If you have the new 6 x 9's i would install them, if not, just keep what you have until you have fully decided you want to replace them. They should sound much better than the originals by far, but its all your choice on what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaggis View Post
Well I got into it tonight and pulled the rear interior out of the Camaro so I could pull out the “blown” rear speaker but I found this jammed in the speaker between the cone and the tweeter...

Attachment 959291

This is clearly the right side clip that should be attached to the rear shelf. Once out I figured why not reinstall the speakers and try them. Blown speaker no more!

So do I reinstall the factory speakers as they sound ok and it’s easy or do I install the only speakers I could find locally (New Zealand) that might work.
JBL GX962’s. I have to cut the wires to the tweeters and then wire them to the 2nd channel. Not sure if these will actually work that great or not.

Opinions please.
mbober99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #21
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
erhm...lord
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #22
mchaggis

erhm...lord? Thanks for the reply but what exactly are you implying? Just asking as you seem to be the 'go to guy' for audio stuff and I'd appreciate some help here.

I got car-speaker-adapters and they seem to be at least an inch lower than the factory's hence why I am looking for help. Sorry.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:12 PM   #23
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
You're just reminding me I need to write the Camaro 5th gen audio guide and have it pinned. The answers you seek are detailed in other threads.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:59 PM   #24
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
See if you can find these...
JBL Club-9600C
Old 10-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #25
mchaggis

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslouie View Post
See if you can find these...
JBL Club-9600C
I already have the other ones as this was all that I could find that might be successfully converted to Bi-amped with a similar impedance.

I guess that worrying about having the replacement speakers bearing against the underside of the rear shelf (or whatever its called) as the factory ones are is unnecessary?

If so the JBL's are going in.