Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-30-2014, 10:59 AM   #43
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 580/556 ZL1 View Post
go with the AUTO lots of owner here would love to trade there manuel for an AUTO but won,t tell anybody ...They are scare to be transform in a girl.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #44
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another auto vs. manual thread spirals into chaos, animosity and pure ridiculousness. All of this because a gentleman from Spain was asking for advice. Some things never change.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #45
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Hey, it's a matter of opinion, to me the manual is the way to go in this car.
If I was told the A6 ran 10's and the M6 ran 11's I would still get the M6, I love banging gears, that's just me. If I bought a Audi or Lexus and they came with an auto or manual I would buy the auto. Hey!! everyone is different.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:58 AM   #46
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 580/556 ZL1 View Post
go with the AUTO lots of owner here would love to trade there manuel for an AUTO but won,t tell anybody ...They are scare to be transform in a girl.
andf BTW read the forum a bit and you will find that lots of manuel have issue,and you wont find any issue on the Auto.
Really? I see many threads they say the exact opposite. Guys with autos want the manuals.
I'm glad the wife does not drive stick, LOL
-Bobby
Old 07-30-2014, 12:05 PM   #47
Adrur

Drives: Scirocco R
Quote:
Originally Posted by juandavr View Post
la decision para mi seria en base a esto: si planeas correrlo muy a menudo, y sabes usar bien la caja para esto, compra el manual. pero si planeas correrlo y todavia no sabes usar bien los cambios en forma deportiva O si aunque quieres correrlo quieres que en ciudad la cosa vaya un poco mas relajada, un automatico es el indicado

(translate) my decision would be based on this : if you plan to track it regularly and you know how to properly use a gearbox in the track, go manual. But if you plan to track it and dont know how to use the gearbox in kind of sport mode OR you want to track it but want to relax when driving on the city, go auto
Lo utilizaría para un uso diario, y la caja de cambios manual claramente se utilizarla, ya que aquí la mayoría de los coches con manuales, pocos a excepción de coches mas deportivos que si son automáticos, o en su defecto secuenciales. Aquí lo predominante es manual, Automatico no. A la hora de sacarse el carnet de conducir todo , TODOS, All, son coches manuales, y lo que ''pasa'' es que mas bien la gente no sabe llevar automaticos aqui.

trans:I use them for everyday use, and the manual gearbox clearly use. because here most cars with manuals, except for few more sports cars that are automatic if, or in sequential defect. Here it is predominantly manual Automatic no. When obtain a driver's license all, ALL, All, are manual cars. and what happens is that rather. people do not know how to drive automatic cars here.
Adrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #48
juandavr

Drives: BMW M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrur View Post
Lo utilizaría para un uso diario, y la caja de cambios manual claramente se utilizarla, ya que aquí la mayoría de los coches con manuales, pocos a excepción de coches mas deportivos que si son automáticos, o en su defecto secuenciales. Aquí lo predominante es manual, Automatico no. A la hora de sacarse el carnet de conducir todo , TODOS, All, son coches manuales, y lo que ''pasa'' es que mas bien la gente no sabe llevar automaticos aqui.

trans:I use them for everyday use, and the manual gearbox clearly use. because here most cars with manuals, except for few more sports cars that are automatic if, or in sequential defect. Here it is predominantly manual Automatic no. When obtain a driver's license all, ALL, All, are manual cars. and what happens is that rather. people do not know how to drive automatic cars here.
me refiero a usar la caja en un modo mas deportivo, igual no veo problema, el automatico tiene los paddle shifters, entonces es manual exceptuando el embrague, entonces tendrias basicamente todo
juandavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #49
Adrur

Drives: Scirocco R
Quote:
Originally Posted by juandavr View Post
me refiero a usar la caja en un modo mas deportivo, igual no veo problema, el automatico tiene los paddle shifters, entonces es manual exceptuando el embrague, entonces tendrias basicamente todo
Ves por esa parte tambien me decanto por el automatico, entonces ahora vuelvo a mis quebraderos de cabeza, no se si uno u otro.... Al no poder probar ninguno aqui automatico, veo dificil decidir
Adrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #50
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Automatic- No ownership in driving
Manual- Youre a true man who can drive the car for better or worse, not just steer.

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:40 PM   #51
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
I have never met a true man before, what are you like?
Old 07-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #52
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
No offense to the OP. I am hispanic too. My uncle Manny cuts my grass. I dont care either way, my comments are just as relevent in supporting the auto. And dont act like the stick guys don't make a big deal about "shifting" and their 26 extra HP. SO dont come on to a public forum and get weinie wasted cause someone said something you dont like. have some thicker skin dude........
Old 07-31-2014, 10:44 AM   #53
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Here is my opinion, however unpopular it may be:

The automatic cars outsell the manual cars something like 2:1. The reason why is because most Americans don't know how to drive a manual transmission. I truly feel most people on this website that argue the automatic is better simply do not know how to operate a manual transmission properly and don't want to publicly say so. If you are purchasing this vehicle as a dedicated drag strip car, then the automatic transmission is probably your better choice. If you drive through very heavy stop-and-go traffic every single day and this is your ONLY car, the automatic transmission might be your better choice. However, for almost every other situation, the manual is better. There is something special lost in this car by purchasing an automatic. Camaros have a personality, and a manual transmission car brings out that personality.

Plus, the LS3 is a better motor than the L99 in every single way. I wouldn't buy an automatic just because I don't want an L99 motor. They make less power and are much more expensive to modify.

If you are used to driving manual transmissions, I think you'll be very bored and disappointed with the automatic.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:47 AM   #54
SSteven

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
need a manual crank start on the front, no safety equipment, manual roll down windows and no power steering or brakes to be a real man.

Seriosly though...driving a stick or auto is a personal preference. Get what works best for your situation

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:56 AM   #55
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Obviously you haven't driven the ZL1 with an auto. It has the LSA, this is a ZL1 forum. I drove nothing but manuals growing up, but arthritis has killed my knees. Do I miss a manual, sometimes. This auto is so far advanced than anything I have ever driven and you can almost reproduce manual shifting using the paddles. I am so happy they made this car in automatic otherwise I couldn't have bought one. Manual transmissions usefulness is declining it will go the way of drum brakes.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:28 AM   #56
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Here is my opinion, however unpopular it may be:

The automatic cars outsell the manual cars something like 2:1. The reason why is because most Americans don't know how to drive a manual transmission. I truly feel most people on this website that argue the automatic is better simply do not know how to operate a manual transmission properly and don't want to publicly say so. If you are purchasing this vehicle as a dedicated drag strip car, then the automatic transmission is probably your better choice. If you drive through very heavy stop-and-go traffic every single day and this is your ONLY car, the automatic transmission might be your better choice. However, for almost every other situation, the manual is better. There is something special lost in this car by purchasing an automatic. Camaros have a personality, and a manual transmission car brings out that personality.

Plus, the LS3 is a better motor than the L99 in every single way. I wouldn't buy an automatic just because I don't want an L99 motor. They make less power and are much more expensive to modify.

If you are used to driving manual transmissions, I think you'll be very bored and disappointed with the automatic.
LS3>L99
LSA>LS3 & L99
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, españa, manual, zl1